Testarossa luggage set: how is placed on the car? | FerrariChat

Testarossa luggage set: how is placed on the car?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Albert-LP, Nov 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I have the Testarossa (1985 model) luggage set but I don't know exactly how it is placed in the car: I don't know where the Pilot bag has to be placed.

the two small bags behind the main lights, the big long bag in the cabin on the shelf behind the seats, the dress bag and the tall bag in the trunk. And the pilot bag?

I attached here some pictures found in internet of the set and the set in the car to show what I'm talking about

I'm helping a local car model builder that has to place the suitcases in the car.

Thank you all for your help.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you very much, Tim, very nice and useful pictures: but where the pilot bag is? I can see only five suitcases, where is the Sixth?

Thank you

ciao

3. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I thought it was supposed to go next to the long bag on the parcel shelf behind the seats.

xplodee and Albert-LP like this.
  4. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
  5. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yes, that's correct--the long suitcase and the pilot bag (we call it a briefcase in the USA) on the parcel shelf, secured with the straps. Great photos.

Albert-LP likes this.
  6. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you all!

Ciao

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have used ours on trips. I even told this to Simone, there is no other way to pack as much in a TR as with his bags.

BTW, Simone is a friend of ours Alberto. Tell him you are friends with Leslie and Brian from Texas and ask him about my friends house we took him to in Arizona. I think he had a good time.

Albert-LP likes this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hi Brian, I'm very glad to read you! I will tell this to Simone, but I have no doubt he had a great time with you.

His father Mauro asked me to measure my Testarossa set and send the measure to a friend who is a car model maker and wants to make a big Testarossa scale model with even the luggage. He wants to know where to put them on the car too: I had no idea where the briefcase had to stay so I asked here to any Testarossa owner.

Hope to see you again soon!

ciao

Ciao