F8 Spider | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I don't wish to steal this thread, but I have a interior spec question for Spider that I have ordered. I'm getting a spec that is similar to the debut car--triple yellow exterior with yellow calipers and most exterior carbon fiber options (keeping side vents in paint color). My question has to do with the interior. I'm getting black leather upper and upper dash, with alcantera lower dash, lower tunnel and inner door portion. I will get all interior carbon fiber except for the piece that then requires all interior carbon fiber to be matte. My question has to do with the race seats. They will be black leather, with the porforated area and yellow leather stripe. My uncertainty has to do with the inner portion that is just outside the yellow leather stripe. I don't know if I should have that black leather to match the outside area of the seat, or black alcantera to match the other alcantera in the interior. The only pictures that I have found show this inner portion as leather. I've not seen any with alcantera. My question with alcantera is that it may look too busy. I would have black outer leather, the perforated area, yellow leather stripe yellow stitching and horse, and inner alcantera would be a fourth material. Too busy? I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Y
    ou can’t go wrong with either choice. My 458 I had Triple Yrllow exterior with a black interior. Had the race seats in leather with Alcantera inserts and the yellow stripe. Choose what you like and looks good to you. Image Unavailable, Please Login

ScottS likes this.
  3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I personally think go with leather but you should be able to ask the dealer to render it and you can then post on here, coupe is not in production yet so spider is way off so you have loads of time
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It ws a lot louder than the video shows

stavura likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    These seats look fantastic

6. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Heard only 2 year production time, not a lot...

7. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    I think RHD on the F8 is already available. It's a slam dunk with mid engine cars since you don't have to change much of anything in the engine compartment. What color combo did you order? I ordered mine with gallo modena and charcoal daytona interior.

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I am thinking about blu scozia on the f8 spider. Any photoshop guru?

ScottS and of2worlds like this.
  9. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    PhilNotHill, of2worlds and Boomhauer like this.
  10. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    You're welcome.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Gorgeous photos

of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Im thinking Azzurro Monaco but not yet fully decided, they haven't even given me a from build date for my coupe so not sure when spiders will be coming

tomc and of2worlds like this.
  13. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Nice... I got an early build date because my family has bought many new cars from this dealership. They told me that our "relationship with Ferrari" is a strong one.

14. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I bought the car on the condition I got one of first UK deliveries so if they are not honoring that deal I'll get my money back, when is your car due for delivery?

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I suspect I am just getting old but I think the F8, particularly the Spider, is better looking than the Pista.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They both have great features.

Dicecal likes this.
  17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Agreed.
    Just getting to the point in life where the elegance of the "regular" car speaks to me more, that is all.
    To me the Scud doesn't look that mush more outrageous than the 430, and same with the Speciale. But with the Pista it is more dramatic departure in comparison to the regular production car (488); and the S-duct and spoilers of the F8 just seem more cohesive and less "shouty."

Adamas and MANDALAY like this.
  18. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    They said 3rd quarter 2020... but we'll see I guess.

PTG1 likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think the F8 Spider looks fantastic, but Pista just looks miles better imho.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  20. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    They look almost the same.... with the exception of some vent placement of course. Don't know if the Pista has stability and drift control like the F8? Or the turbo management system? Probably does and I would love to get the Pista but its twice the price and unless they invite you to buy one you are SOOL!

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 looks much better than 488 but I prefer the stripe and the aggressive s duct on the Pista.

And the cost difference is not 2x.

22. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Yeah, you're right... it's about 350k if you could buy one from the get go, but it is a specialty car which is limited in run and will fetch a higher resale for a used vehicle... I'm sure that they will make a specialty F8 with the stripe.