Who should replace Vettel? | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Targaflorio0199

Targaflorio0199 Karting

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Targa
    Vettel is making too many errors at this point in his career for mine.

Lewis Hamilton would be ideal - but a pipe dream.

Would love Ricciardo at Ferrari - so much talent - just in the wrong car.

Would be an exciting duel for supremacy with Leclerc within the team and against the grid.

paulchua, lagunacc and Flavio_C like this.
  2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    And f-ck up Sainz' 2020 season when he just earned his first podium? McLaren would be foolish to take Vettel.

+1

Danny Ric will be expensive but worth it.

LMAO

lagunacc likes this.
  3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Dani Ric!

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Ferrari may do best to look within.

The have Antonio Fuoco, Brendon Hartley, Davide Rigon and Pascal Wehrlein in the team as
    test drivers.

Put them in a "shoot-out" test and see which of them sets the fastest time, works with the team
    and engineers best and that's who gets the ride.

Personally, I think Wehrlein would emerge on top. Not sure of his form after his injury at the Miami
    ROC a couple of years ago but he was impressive during his short stint in F-1 for Manor and Sauber
    and he is a very well spoken young man much like Leclerc.

BHW

Flavio_C likes this.
  5. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Mick Schumacher

6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Unfortunately Fuoco stayed too much time in F2, in a great team, with very pale results. Very good driver but not F1 material. Hartley and Rigon also not F1 material, but I agree that Wehrlein deserves a chance.

Mick Schumacher needs to improve a lot to be even considered for a F1 seat. He won the Euro F3 in a very suspicious way, lagging Ticktum for the whole championship and then all of a sudden all Prema cars had a jump in speed in the last 2 race events. Since F3 had 3 races per event, the other teams didn't have time to react.

Thomas S. and william like this.
  7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No.

8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Especially since Leclerc is ahead of Vettel in points. ;)

TurboFreak650 and william like this.
  9. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Hamilton took two meetings with Ferrari this year?

10. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    Another beginner's mistake for SB at the start of Q1

paulchua likes this.
  11. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Can I nominate my son? He went to Europe over the summer and did a World Championship karting event. Was faster then Giovinazzi. He raced Barrichello 3 weeks ago at ROK the RIO and beat him, actually my son would have finished 3rd but made a mistake passing for 4th and took himself out. We spent sometime after the race speaking to Barrichello, what a great guy. He raced the Supernats in KZ, was running 5th and the clutch blew. He is only 16 and I think if we put him in Vettel's seat now, he should do a better job:)

mdrums, Flavio_C, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    If Ferrari doesn't do something about Vettel, they could lose Charles to a team that won't hold him back.
    (Charles and Max at Red Bull -- THAT would be entertaining. :p)

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Vettel admits he "must do better" next season [probably the understatement of the year !]

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-must-do-better-2020-season/4605391/

Sebastian Vettel says he "must do better" next year after his erratic performances in 2019 led to his worst Formula 1 championship finish as a Ferrari driver.
    Vettel ended the 2019 season in fifth place in the drivers' standings, 24 points behind his new teammate Charles Leclerc - which is one place behind the fourth place he scored in '16.

His season included high-profile mistakes in Bahrain and Italy, with a lost victory in Canada after his defence against Lewis Hamilton was penalised, and the costly clash with Leclerc that put both Ferraris out in Brazil.

When asked to assess his 2019 performances, Vettel said Ferrari "didn't have the year that we were hoping for – full stop".

"I think the reasons are clear, the lessons are clear, now it's up to us to make sure to take them on board," he continued to Sky Sports.

"As a team we must perform stronger, as an individual I think I can. I must do better. I can do better – it wasn't a great year from my side".

But Vettel insisted "I don't think it was as bad as it looks", explaining that "there were many small things probably leading to maybe not a great picture in the end".

"But still, I'm the first one to look at myself and if I'm honest, I know that I can do better," he added.

"That's for sure the target for next year – to do a step forward. And hopefully we get a stronger package as well to fight with Mercedes and Red Bull in the front."

Vettel finished Sunday's final race of the 2019 season in Abu Dhabi in fifth place, well adrift of Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas, who had started last due to an engine change grid penalty.

paulchua and DF1 like this.
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    #539 Flavio_C, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Send your son to race in KZ or F4 in Europe NOW. Many F1 drivers drive KZ during the off season to sharp their skills.

I have a friend who agency young foreign drivers in Italy, he can put your son in a top KZ team but he also has contacs at F4 & GT Teams. Let me know if you want his email & whatsapp.

Sig. Roma likes this.
  15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    By the way, Vettel tried the KZ for the first time in his life a month ago and according to the karting press he was able to be close to the times of one Tony Kart official driver.

Also, do you know that Verstappen was KZ World Champion in 2013, with Leclerc coming third?

16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is better off saying nothing in the face of Charles stats and performance. Vettel is old old news by the day.

paulchua and william like this.
  17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Thanks, my son is running with DRT(Danilo Rossi team) they have a good KZ team in Italy, but please do send your friend information, would like to discuss F4.

Flavio_C likes this.
  18. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Yes I heard he was quick. I did get to see Verstappen race KZ at Las Vegas that same year. Leclerc also raced but X30 class, was leading and then got taken out.

Flavio_C likes this.
  19. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Dang that's so awesome!!! Keep him racing. If not F1 ..Indy Car would be promising too.

My friend races karts...he's old like me ..50's and he does great in his classes. He races over in Orlando a lot and Rubens is there a lot too. Like you said Rubens is a great guy

20. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Isn't that the very same year when Michael Schumacher competed in KZ at Las Vegas?

21. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    It was 2009 Schumacher raced it, right before he was coming back to F1

22. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Boy, does time fly! I was about to board a flight from San Diego that weekend to watch him for the day, but the flight got cancelled. Didn't Max also compete during that same very weekend back in 2009?

23. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Perhaps it was Jos racing in 2009 and not Max?

According to this article, Max signed with CRG for 2010, so probably he didn't do international races before that, bar the Rotax Max:

https://www.kartcom.com/it/news/2009/11/10/verstappen-crg-official-driver

Shoot him an email: Felipe Braga - [email protected]

24. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
  25. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I can't handle the idea that we will need to stand Vettel one more year at the Scuderia. :(

He has been humiliated by a rookie and before that Riccardo did the same thing. Why don't he have a noble action and announce his retirement for the sake of helping Ferrari?

paulchua and william like this.