STEK Paint Protection Film? | FerrariChat

STEK Paint Protection Film?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by No-Subt2, Nov 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I am considering STEK DYNOshield paint protection film (PPF) on my 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider which will only be used on the occasional fair weather days. On previous cars, I had used SunTek Ultra PPF before with Modesta BC-04 ceramic coating on top on the PPF. I will have paint color correction done prior to the PPF application. My questions:

1. Does STEK DYNO shield PPF with no ceramic coating on top have the same, if not better, amount of gloss, depth of shine, hydrophobic properties, stain resistance, and longevity as SunTek Ultra PPF with Modesta BC-04 ceramic coating on top?

2. What would you recommend?

2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Hard to say. With the car only being driven here and there, the top coat on the ppf itself may last a long time. I can’t talk about that ceramic since I haven’t used it but I’ve seen the Cquartz line last many years on top of ppf with cars that aren’t daily drivers. As far as gloss it’s nearly impossible to see a difference no matter what product you are putting on ppf. The film is very glossy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I'm going with Stek on my 488 Best clarity, great gloss, better self healing, and they hydrophobic properties dominate competitors

You want an installer that not only uses computer patterns, but has also worked on Ferraris and adjusts the patterns based on experience. I used Rhino Films in Huntington Beach. Check out the Yelp reviews. I am also good friends with the owner so let me know if I can help. He usually throws in something special for my friends.

Same price as Xpel. I have used it other cars but Stek is the best now

Here is a review I found https://ftadetailing.com/blog/xpel-vs-suntek-vs-stek-vs-flexishield-paint-protection-film/

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app