458 - 458 error codes eps, avh, electricity? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 458 error codes eps, avh, electricity?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamtensta, Nov 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    I got the adaptor today and connected it to the ctek box, and then plugged it in to the port but doesn't work. Nothing happens... Could it be that the tender port is not connected to the battery and is that easy to do?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's not good. Is there maybe a fuse or something that you can check?
    Or, I'm not sure if it matters, but did you plug it into the car, THEN the wall? Maybe if you (improperly) plug into the wall first, it doesn't work?

Edit: I just saw your prior post that states that your OEM charger didn't work in the port either. Apparently the port is not functioning properly. I would look for a fuse that might be burnt. If not, then see if you can find the wiring schematic to check the connections.

3. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Your new Cytek was working when you used the hook up directly to the battery thus you know the Cytek was working and the outlet was working. Does the green light when you plug occur on the ctek with your new setup? If not ck your outlet 1st to see that it is working by simply plugging in an electrical appliance.If the green light is on are the charge lights on--there are 3-4 types of charges you can deliver with your unit I believe. Push the one you desire as that turns your units charging system on. If your unit goes on it will take some time your unit to start to register the charging status. If still having problem get a voltmeter to check your new cordage outage. Remember the proper under the door placement of cordage is the extreme front of the bottom of passenger door otherwise you can break the wire internally etc. Easiest way to get it to the front is to close the door almost leaving only about 10% opening of the door, then slip the cordage forward, close the door totally & check easy cordage movement back & forth.

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Same EXACT method I use

5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The volume change in exhaust is normal. It should be loud for a moment, until the car closes the exhaust valves.

Usually if the car throws a lot of error codes when you start, it's because the battery is flat. I'm personally not a huge fan of battery tenders. The best thing is to use a digital volt meter to check the voltage level of the battery, then if it's below say about 12.50 volts, disconnect it from the car and attach a normal battery charger over night. Then check the voltage in the morning. Just like how you would with any other car.

If the battery won't hold a charge, then replace it or upgrade to something like the Braille i48CS - which has been covered exhaustively on other threads (if you want to learn more about it).

Ray

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    +1 proper way to do it.

7. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Hey, thanks for penning this down. I'm not sure I understand what you mean with:
    - proper under the door placement of cordage. What do you mean? Where should I look and what should I do?
    - what do you mean with slop the cordage forward? And what is easy cordage movement?

Sorry for sounding stupid but not following.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I realize I go a bit too far but I always use only noco genius (G26000 my fav) products and always install leads directly to the battery. I also have multiple spare battery and a battery charger with recycle (one of the big ones you roll around) capabilities. Most tenders just maintain current charge, and do not really have the ability to charge a battery when it has too low a charge. Cars electronics are becoming more and more complicated and keeping the car electrical systems powered is becoming more and more important. I have yet to see a factory battery charger that is not a piece of crap, Ferrari's included.

9. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Adam go to you owners manual & there you will find where the charger ( electrical) cordage should go forward of the bottom of the passenger door. Cordage is electrical wire from the Cytek unit in this case to the rear of your new pigtail plug in. The reason I said before closing the passenger door on your cordage (not in the manual) is because it always was a pain that the cordage would slip to the rear when the door closes thus getting impaled by the door( will eventually result wire chafing & or fracture). The other thing when time to remove the wire it was a tug of war to extract the pug as the cordage would slip back & get caught by door edge on opening. So on removal only open the door about 10% after the plug in has been unplugged from under the dash & slide it forward again open the door fully & the wire can be removed easily. Ferrari has apparently designed a slightly larger gap at this extreme forward position of the bottom of the passenger door that I don't believe is mentioned in the manual. The 488 has a better designed cytek hook up.

10. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    So I bought a new ctek and an adapter to it but still it doesn't charge from the tender port. Only if I connect it directly to the battery.

Does anyone know if there is a wire that has not been connected or something when precious owner changed the battery? Feels like the tender port is not even connected?

11. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Ping @Melvok

12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #37 Melvok, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    There should be 2 pins giving PLUS in the connector from tender, not one …. use a voltmeter or lamp to check …

Sorry, cannot find a scheme right now ….

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Sorry what I meant was that I believe the port on passenger side where I connect the tender is not working. And maybe previous owner missed to plug something into the battery. Is there something like that?

14. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Test that port with a volt meter !

15. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019