430 - My F430 Transformation Build (Not for purists) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 My F430 Transformation Build (Not for purists)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Eric C, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Eric C likes this.
  2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just went down to the bodyshop. That bumper won't even slide on the car. The bolt pattern is off. Ugh......

Time to find a OEM Scud Bumper.

3. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    If you screw up the mounting points on the spoiler that attach to the bonnet itself , i happen to have the exact set you need . Since the bonnet on my car is flat , i had to fabricate a set for my car so the ASI oem carbon mounts are collecting dust .

Eric C likes this.
  4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks! I hope I don't screw mine up!

5. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Nice upgrades Eric! Keep the updates coming!

6. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Are there any negative consequences (aero/handling) to installing an inactive GT hood?

7. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Jim.....pretty sure it's for the looks more than anything . I like how some of you come on here and ask the most scientific questions regarding aerodynamics and downforce when it's just a freakin' part . My guess is he is not trying to break land speed records or quarter mile records .

Not trying to be a jerk to you specifically Jim but i just get tired of hearing all the negative reasoning on why modifying a Ferrari is such a sin . Sure seems like the higher the post count , the higher chance of you hearing some off the wall comment on the OP's modifications . Everyone just needs to get over it and if you don't like it , find another thread :D:D:D

one4torque and Eric C like this.
  8. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I did some preliminary calculations and found that the angle of the dangle (x) was necessary to find y (the heat of the meat) provided that the maxis of the axis (graphing in y=mx+b) and the gravity of the cavity (solving inequalities) remain constant....

9. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Didn't think this was a completely unreasonable question.

Kevin

psych0hans likes this.
  10. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Only negative would be cold luggage. Keep up with the updates

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I almost spit out my water :D:D:D

Have you modified your car ?

Eric C likes this.
  12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So you have no idea:D

I have an 87 911 widebody (M491) with spoiler delete (M470). I am 2nd owner. The original owner ordered it that way but liked the look of the front (turbo) spoiler so had that put back on. This was how the car was when I purchased it two yrs ago. A nationally renowned expert on 911's told me that the two spoilers (front and rear) were specifically designed to work in tandem and that deletion of just the back had noticeable effects above 70-80 mph, hardly land speed or quarter mile territory. So given the potential disruption to the airflow over the F430 w/a non-active GT hood I don't think my question was too out of line. While it is just a freakin part, it is arguably an important freakin part, that has a specific function that is not being utilized and apparently only being installed for appearances. I am of the opinion that form over function can have negative consequences. YMMV.

MJGinTX likes this.
  13. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Exactly why i said that my comment wasn't directed at you . It just gets old hearing all the "aeronautical engineers" jump on someone's build thread and explain why someone's idea is wrong . I understand where you are coming from but i would bet my life on it that this bonnet was designed for looks only . I don't see anyone buying this for their full race car .

14. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Who exactly were you referring to, then? I haven't seen anyone bash anybody in this thread? I love what he's doing, and I think everyone participating here does as well. (But if there are possible negative consequences at real world speeds, should that not be explored as well????)

Kevin

15. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I never used the word "bash" so you can calm it down a bit . I only said that the higher the post count , the bigger chance of that person questioning why the modifying individual took that route with their car . Plenty of "renowned" experts on here have always questioned the things i did to my car....but i couldn't give a rat's a55 . Was my 360 designed to have a big carbon spoiler and twin turbo kit...hell no ! I did it anyway and my car could probably outperform most members cars on here . I am only questioning why members go onto someone's build thread and question why they did something because they wouldn't do it themselves . I understand you might like what he has done so far but you brought up the fact of effects at real world speed ??? Let's be honest....do you actually think this bonnet is going to blast him into space or make him turn cartwheels down the highway ? How many Ferrari owners bought their car due to the fuel economy because of the aerodynamics . My guess is none !

Enough clogging up this man's build thread with our little differences . PM is open if you want to continue .

Eric C , keep doing what you're doing and i will be here to watch the whole time :D:D:D

Eric C likes this.
  16. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    And here you go, again, on a diatribe when no one questioned modifications or bashed the concept of modifying a F430. The man had a legitimate question on the hood and it was in no way disparaging to Eric or those who modify their cars. You sir, are the one who may need to calm down a bit.

Eric,
    What camo are you thinking? I spoke to our resident wrap shop last week and may do my Jeep and SL65 in an urban camo to match.

17. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Umm. I actually did not bring up the fact of effects at real world speed. That was brought up by the other member you claimed not to be addressing. I just agreed that it was not an unreasonable question. But your defensiveness is now easily explained and understood. I apologize that the members of FerrariChat have put you into this place.

Kevin

Purch23, BAD430BENZ and JoeTSI like this.
  18. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Actually he did question the modification........"Are there any negative consequences (aero/handling) to installing an inactive GT hood?"

You , of all people , should know that someone with 10,480 posts here has probably seen almost everything in threads so why question something that has been done numerous times before with scientific knowledge ?

Again , i never mentioned the word "bash" as now 2 of you have stated . I only question why the science behind everything comes up when someone modifies their Ferrari with non-OEM spec parts .

I actually got you mixed up with the post from jcurry....so my apologies for that !

19. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Atlanta Custom Wraps does a custom laid Camo wrap that rivals anyone elses. So, I'll most likely be sending it down there for it to be done.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

02360spider and JoeTSI like this.
  20. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    The "camo" wrap didn't work. I can see a car in the photo.
    Just trying to lighten it up here fellas.

JoeTSI, Eric C and kes7u like this.
  21. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    There's a 430 challenge bumper on eBay for cheap that may work for you

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I ordered a real Scud Bumper today, but also realized that other things might have kept that replica bumper from sliding on like the ducting, under tray and radiator cage. Ugh..... so looks like I'll end up with two Scud Bumpers.

jferrante likes this.
  23. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Are you not able to modify the replica one to fit?? What ebay site did you buy it from?

thanks,

Eric C likes this.
  24. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Great build, Love the custom work.

please let us know if we can help with parts or sourcing.

David

Eric C likes this.