2015 458 Spyder New Owner | FerrariChat

2015 458 Spyder New Owner

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dedazo, Nov 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Hello Everyone.

I just purchased a 2015 458 Spyder, 11800 miles here in Texas . I was a Porsche owner for the last 7 years. Although Porsche makes amazing cars, the 458 is on a whole different level.
    I was considering getting the extended power warranty, especially because of potential DCT issues. Any 2015 owners with issues? Thank you all.

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  3. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I owned a 2015 458 Spider that had over 10,000 miles on it when I traded it in. No DCT problems at all.

4. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    Congrats
    I have yet to meet someone with a 458 that had the DCT issues. I ask almost every Fcar owner I meet about issues they have with their car to gain insight on how they handled it and associated costs, now the battery is a different story.

Enjoy in good health

5. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Big congrats on your new ride. Looks clean. As a first time Ferrari owner, you can consider getting 1 year of extended warranty for peace of mind. After 1 year of getting comfortable with Ferrari ownership, you can decide whether to extend warranty coverage. In 2 years of ownership, I had a dead OEM battery within the first 3 months and failure of the roof closing mechanism at 1.5 years both replaced under warranty. The roof closing part had to be sourced from Italy and took 3 weeks to arrive. It would have been a very costly repair outside of warranty. I am unsure whether the folding roof is covered under power warranty, be sure to check the fine print.

spyder625 likes this.
  7. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

8. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I just bought a 2010 with 28K miles and when i called few service dept's to ask about the DCT issues the consensues was 1- No such thing as "early cars" had more DCT issues than later cars. 2- The ones that did have DCT issues it happened early in the cars life and was a very limited issue, not wide spread and exaggerated as how we see on forums sometimes.

Drive it & enjoy it...and don't take any advice from me, i haven't even owned mine 24 hours yet lol

DefunctNeurons and dedazo like this.
  9. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Congratulations mate , enjoy in good health and thinking always positively !

dedazo likes this.
  10. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thank you!!!

11. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thank you. Enjoy your ride as well!!!

Tarek307 likes this.
  12. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Congrats! Coming up to one year of ownership on a 2013 Spider. Didn’t opt for the warranty, no problems.

get out and enjoy, ain’t nothin’ like a drop top if you have the weather for it!

dedazo likes this.
  13. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    awesome car! enjoy it!

14. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thanks you!!

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Congrats:)

By the way, here we drive Spiders. Spyders belong over there, you know, that "other" Italian manufacture whos name I dare not mention;)

Welcome to Ferrarichat:D

Borrow’d Mine likes this.
  16. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    15 Italia no issues what so ever. Enjoy your new ride.

dedazo likes this.
  17. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Hahaha thx.

18. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats! Black Ferrari's are the prettiest & fastest!!

DefunctNeurons and spyder625 like this.
  19. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thank you!!!

20. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    beautiful pick up.. good luck with her and enjoy it...

21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's odd. Looks more like a drop-top sportscar to me than an F150. Oh well:D

22. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thank you!

23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Beautiful, black is the new red. Let’s see some interior shots too. All the best man , Kirk.

24. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Nice choice of color - you'll love it - you'll have to get used to the spelling its "Spider" for Ferraris and "Spyder" for Porsches - I have owned my car since new and have close to 30K on it. I never had a problem with the car, however I changed the battery at 4 years as a precaution just like I change tires every 3 years, but the only problem I had was with the external battery conditioner - it failed and produced a couple of electrical system warning messages after I have replaced the battery 6 months prior.. The Ferrari supplied conditioner is made by CTEK and I bought the MXS 5.0 with the Ferrari adapter and its working fine. I would suggest you check the temperature of your charger if the car has had a battery failure because most likely it was caused by the conditioner drawing down the battery and it will do it again.

Good Luck and Enjoy

25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats best car I have ever owned! 2013 spider here 3 years and no issues!