360 - Little Canyon Carving in the Gated Modena Today. | FerrariChat

360 Little Canyon Carving in the Gated Modena Today.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tarek307, Oct 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Almost 1 year Anniversary with this baby, basically my Daily Driver so far 10K + trouble free miles. Took her out for a little exercising today. I've taken the Modena to the canyons before but didn't feel very comfortable as i'm a Porsche guy and really trust the 911, this is my 2nd time out there with the Modena and i felt more comfortable today..still always fun while being very careful and responsible.

2004 Ferrari 360 Modena 51K Miles.
    Challenge Race Exhaust

Tarek_307 on instagram

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Sounds great...very nice that you are driving it!

ml65 and Tarek307 like this.
  3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    what she's made for, right? haha..gotta drive it! She's in for some pretty major work now though, big bill..but oh well. Mostly ok just normal maintenance at 52K miles like brakes/rotors, ball joins, other suspension stuff, motor mounts, coolant flush, oil change, couple of little cosmetic things (front vents / loose mirrors) but the big hit is exhaust manifold & cats are going bad, that is some big $$ about 7K parts & labor for that alone.

4. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I paid more than that for one side OEM manifold! You must be going after-market? (I would have but the repair came up right as I was listing it for sale)

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I went with Fabspeed headers and Evoflow cats they should arrive at the shop next week to be installed. My car actually had right side header replaced by a used OEM one before a few years back by PO , i wasn't gonna go OEM again since they seem to all be problematic. Only thing i hope i don't have to deal with are CEL and the car being too loud, it already has challenge race exhaust...this entire problem sucks, as i was so happy with the car, sounds amazing and pull and feels very strong, now i have to mess with all this stuff...oh well!

6. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    well, I think it can only be better with true headers and high flow cats. Louder? Yeah, most likely. But certainly less problematic and cheaper at the same time. The CEL and related smog checks will be the thing (lots of threads out there on how to deal with that).

7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    i hear ya. I can't wait for it to be done, i miss it big time, a week so far, still waiting on parts to arrive so most likely not till first week of December. I think the first thing i'm doing is taking a road trip back to my old stomping ground in Scottsdale, AZ to visit some friends, maybe make it to a cars & coffee.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Stick 360s are the best 360s!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Tarek307, SoftwareDrone and vrsurgeon like this.
  9. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    only way to go, gotta have that 3rd pedal. I love mine..