I finally got my Mondial | FerrariChat

I finally got my Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Pilotracing, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pilotracing

Pilotracing Rookie

Jan 5, 2013
    Modial owners I am finally one of you, hurray

just got a 1988 3.2 coupe

But I need some help, I love this car but want to update it slightly, nothing that cannot be reversed to original but a few odds and ends I would like to do while I am the owner. Here is what I am looking for:

1. Where can I get aluminum gas, brake and clutch foot pads, floor guard would be nice as well
    2. Has tan interior with brown carpet, I really like tan with the black carpet and mats, best place to buy new carpet?
    3. Best place to buy 18 or 19 inch rims ?

Any help will be great, thanks

paulchua likes this.
  2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hill engineering for the metal bits.

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Congratulation on your purchase. Mondials are fun cars. From your language I suspect you are either from UK or Australia but you didn't give any details about you, Superformance UK also sell the pedals. For the wheels it is all in personnal taste but I wouldn't go bigger than 17 inches. Enjoy your car!

4. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Good for you and congratulations! The 3.2 coupe is a rare car with great Ferrari mechanicals. I am sure you will enjoy owning and driving your Mondial. I have driven mine about everyday for a couple years. It seems the more I drive it the better it runs. Last night on the way home from work I thought again how much I enjoy hearing the Ferrari exhaust rumble and growl.

Hopefully, yours will be as reliable and easy to maintain as most Mondials, especially the QV's and 3.2's. After you study the service manual and FerrariChat a little, you will be able to do most of the external motor service and maintenance yourself. Don't be afraid to try it and you will get to know why the Mondial is a really great Ferrari to own.

+1 with ryalex on the Hill pedals and pads. I found a new 4 piece set on eBay few weeks ago.

Post a picture when you get up to speed on FerrariChat.

I think every thing that you need to know about a Mondial, or 3X8 motor, can be found on FerrariChat. The search tool is a great way to find information.

Enjoy your Ferrari,
    Jerry
    DRG

paulchua likes this.
  5. cavallopazzo

cavallopazzo Rookie

Jan 28, 2013
    how much pay the car ? if i can ask u

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #6 soucorp, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Congrats on getting the best example of a 3.2, now post some pics of this beauty you speak of!
    1) RicambiAmerica has most of the stuff you are seeking. Also check Ebay, not the fuel cap oem is black and magnetic, the aluminum caps are not. The oil cap does look sweet, got it on mine. Aluminum floor mat and cup holder can be nicely adapted as well.
    2) Are your carpets dark brown or light? Mine is choc color and I love it, so maybe a good cleaning is all that's needed with a new set of mats.
    3) 88 oem is 16" you can upgrade 348 or 355 rims, not sure if it will clear anything else.

Here are some items that you are seeking, CHEERS!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  7. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Congrads on the car. I bought my 87 in Oct of last year, and living in California I have been able to drive it through the winter. Going through the same things you are now facing. The guys on Ferrari Chat have a wealth of knowledge about the Mondial and are always ready to help, and better yet keep you from going over a cliff.

As for pedals Ultimate Pedals has a very good selection. Their site is ULTIMATE PEDALS , try to contact Robert Baylor. They have so many options I still have not made a decision yet. Hill Engineering in the UK is also a source.

As for mats you might look at what EuropeanCarParts has on eBay. They have lots of examples on there. I talked with them and they told me to look through eBay and their site. Once I found what I liked they would put it on a mat which fit my car.

As for wheels I stuck with the 16" wheels which came with the car, but had to have three rims stripped and repainted. They look perfect now. Lesson I learned here was to find a good Ferrari shop (where they only work on Ferraris) and ask them about what you want to do to the car. They usually know who is good.

Good luck and have fun. Might consider joining a club related to Ferraris.

ceb39

paulchua likes this.
  8. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    If you are upgrading to shiny bits, don't forget the gas cap from a 348. It fits perfectly and you can find them used on eBay fairly cheaply.

9. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #9 MBFerrari, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    In the USA Ricambi America and TRutlands are two places to get many of the parts you are asking about. Ask for Daniel at Ricambi who is a member here on Fchat - I have been getting parts from him for my former 348SS and now for my 308QV...

MB

P.S. CONGRATS on getting the Mondial

10. Pilotracing

Pilotracing Rookie

Jan 5, 2013
    thanks for the info, will post before and after pics soon, keep the good info coming in the meantime

11. Fcarhappy

Fcarhappy Karting

Dec 19, 2012
    Were the pedals from rimcambi? What was that set called it looks awesome on your car.

12. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #12 greyboxer, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    If you try a 'search' on 355 (for example) in this section there should be photos of Mondials with 348 (17) 355 (18) & 360 (18) in wheels - 348 & 360 tend to be cheaper & on Ebay

eg http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/373703-mondial-3-2-wheels-what-will-fit-instead.html

Carpet supplier again try a search since we don't know your geographic area

13. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, Daniel from RiCambiAmerica sent me a set.

Here is the post: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/368657-ricambiamerica-hill-eng-racing-pedals.html

You can also find all Hill Engineering pedal offerings. I believe I got the PS01 set, (but note, if you get the set, the gas pedal in the set is a tad bit shorter than actual) Prob better to buy individual pedals as they have a long version of the gas pedal that would better fit the Mondial.

Ferrari Parts - Ricambi America, Inc. : Racing Pedals & Footrests

cheers

14. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #14 Burch1, Mar 13, 2013
    It sounds like you've got the pedals handled with all the previous posts.
    Before you buy a new set of black carpets ($$$) you might want to try dying them black if they're in good shape, my tan ones were faded pretty badly and the dye made them look like new.
    355 wheels do look great and seem to be a pretty popular replacement as you can see from Claude's fab looking blue/tan Mondi.
    Another option that I really like are the AZEV 17in staggered as shown in probably the most posted pic of a Mondial on the internet. They appear to have more offset than the 355 wheels and sit inside the wheelwell nicely.
    Cheers!,
    Greg

moysiuan likes this.
  15. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #15 peterdavid911, Mar 13, 2013
    Correction to the post above, the wheels on Claudes blue Mondial 3.2 are from a 348, not 355.

Its a straight fit and i did it on mine too but require the longer 348 wheel bolts due to the extra wheel width.

Cheers.

16. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    my bad, thanks

17. Pilotracing

Pilotracing Rookie

Jan 5, 2013
  18. LA_Rari_22

LA_Rari_22 Rookie

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Len U
    Get the testarossa gas pedal cover from HE as it is longer and works perfect on the mondial