USA Dealers allowed to list NEW cars, for first time | FerrariChat

USA Dealers allowed to list NEW cars, for first time

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JTSE30, Nov 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I just noticed this

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mkId=20014&page=1&perPage=50&rd=99999&searchSource=SORT&sort=listed-newest&stkTypId=28880&zc=60606

I think all the Ferrari dealers doing this are all part of the Mattioli Automotive Group.

I know as recently as July FNA did not allow its dealers to list new cars for sale except in extraordinary situations such as if the person who ordered the car had passed away.

Now, it appears that embargo is lifted.

and since only one dealer group (Mattioli Automotive Group) is doing this at the moment, I suspect all the other Ferrari dealers will be doing this soon...this is a HUGE change...

Could it lead to Ferrari dealers being allowed to order cars for stock without being personally ordered by customer (like all other car manufacturers currently do...)

interesting development!

2. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    $300K cars & zero pictures. Good work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hakoda Smith likes this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Looks like they are selling build slots imo...I don't think those cars exist yet even though they are listed as having a VIN. The first one listed (ZFF89FPA8K0246969) has zero records that it's even going through customs or whatever yet.

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    "MSRP of $297,000, but for this week only, discounted to $350,000 from our everyday price of $355,000......"

Way2fast likes this.
  5. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Maybe they are used cars that have just had the miles reset to 0

tantumaude and Cigarzman like this.
  6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I actually have first-hand knowledge of some of those cars as being real cars that original person who ordered walked away/abandoned, so I am presuming that many if not all the others are the same. Combine that with the realization they were all uploaded in the past day...and I presume they are all bona-fide new cars.

And, for new cars, carfax will not have any records as that generally only occurs once a car is first titled (and not still on MSO)...

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    they need to be able to do this with the increased volume goals and the new models coming out so fast ..

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Heard back from some dealers, embargo is NOT LIFTED, so, something is not right about all those new cars being put on cars dot com... I suspect they may be taken down shortly...

sorry for the confusion, it looked like something new had happened that would be quite significant, maybe it will happen in the future, but not now.

9. OldDog

OldDog Karting

Nov 2, 2017
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    I guess the listings showing 0 miles are their way of saying they have not been titled. I have never seen one delivered to a dealer with less than 50 miles.

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    there are loads of cars listed there (31 in the link at the moment). Its highly unlikely they have that many cars ordered without owners. Something weird going on. Perhaps all used cars, but flagged as "new" in error on cars.com (many are 2018's which should not have any new ones around at this point, but more to the point I'm gonna go out on a limb and say thew 1984 512 is not a new car). Or perhaps somebody uploaded all of their cars to the cars.com platform for some reason (like maybe for tracking/stats, or maybe by accident, or many they somehow auto-loaded to cars.com from another system - I'm sure they use cars.com platform for their used cars, so maybe...)

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I think this is cars automatically going up on the site when they come in. Recently when I was looking for a G63 every MB dealer around me would have 3 or 4 on the site with stock photos, I'd call in and the car was one that was ordered and when it came in it automatically went up on the site with the vin number and specs but car wasn't for sale, I'd imagine thats the same deal.

Like this, just checked still "for sale"

Attached Files: