Poll: 308 and 328 - Looks Only | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Poll: 308 and 328 - Looks Only

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Jun 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which looks better? 308 or 328?

1. 308

2. 328

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 83911SCDrew

83911SCDrew Karting

Oct 21, 2018
    Bernardsville
    Full Name:
    Andrew K
    I own a 328, but I voted 308. I prefer the front and profile of the 308 GTSi QV, but I prefer the rear 1/4 and rear of the 328. The front of the 328 is too homogenized IMO. They are both beautiful machines, though.

Call me boring, but it has to be red...

That said, I love the 328/308 color palettes. I have not yet seen a color that I don’t like. So many unusual colors, too. I especially like that light silver green metallic.

akitaman likes this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    For a different debate, we could discuss the front air dams. I don't like the deeper one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ggbh8 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  3. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    ggbh8 likes this.
  4. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Euro 308 QV GTB with 16” wheels, minus the rear spoiler is gorgeous.

Dino246gt likes this.
  5. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Doesn't go with the rest of the body. Ruins the look for me.

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Agree, but the 208 turbo adds the splitted rear bumper, the side NACA air intakes and black front bonnet vent grids (euro 308 ones are body color): otherwise it looks like an euro 308 GTB QV.

In my opinion that's the best looking of the series and I think it looks good also with the rear spoiler (and in my opinion maybe even better).

A timeless work of Art and perfection

ciao

Robb and ggbh8 like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep agreed,same as thin crust Pizza!

G. Pepper and Albert-LP like this.
  8. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The absolute best is the US 1983 QV GTS red on tan with body colored rockers and smooth finish spoiler. I know this for fact because I own one.

Seriously though, I'm not sure there is that much objectivity to this poll. There may be a few line crossers but for the most part I think the tally will very likely mirror the vehicles owned. I see this a lot especially from people who own non red cars and GTB's they seem to be compelled to trash talk the prototypical red on tan GTS as if it were downright hideous. When I began my search in earnest I came to the conclusion that I was going to find the best one available in my budget and wouldn't turn anything down based on 308 or 328, S or B, carbed or injected or pretty much any color other than maybe brown. Well, I might have passed on one with an 85 mph speedo, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

They're all pretty darn good looking.

miketuason and Albert-LP like this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    This is a my former car and I own another one like this, plus a 308 GTB. I had a 328 GTS and 328 GTB too. I still think that the early 208 GTB turbo (very similar to a 308 GTB QV euro) is the best looking one. Not by much, and they all look great, but it's my personal taste.

Ciao

10. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    The cleaner nose of the 328 gives it the edge over the 308. Both are iconic Ferrari.

Attached Files:

Rosey, Robb and G. Pepper like this.
  11. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve

No offense to the 328 but I say the 308 all day and twice on Sunday It’s gorgeous.

cnpapa24 and Thomas Magnum like this.
  12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Cool to see a thread I started 15 years ago... it’s definitely still a great question with no wrong answer.

The answer to the question is of course...

F355 :D

But I do like the Italian 328 turbos with the extra naca vent

Robb

13. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Yes, all personal preference and we are splitting hairs among almost identical looking versions. They all look the same to outsiders.

Personally, I don't like the NACA ducts much; they look like an afterthought. I do like how they presage the F40. Interesting that the 288, a turbo car, did not have them.

My favorite is the same as kcabpilot's: a red 1983 US-spec GTS. It has most contrasting black of any version (black hood vents, black window pillars, bigger black engine vent, black rocker panels, black bumpers (pushed in!!), black basket handle, etc.) To me, the contrast really pops. Also like kcabpilot, I am bias because I have that car too.:)

syata likes this.
  14. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I like the simplest version: No NACA ducts, no spoiler, and no deep air dam. It's just so pure and elegant a design, it doesn't need anything else.

Nuvolari and PJM308 like this.
  15. trs666

trs666 Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tommi S.
    Euro with deep front spoiler, even if i just took of mine for repaint! 328 front just looks too heavy for me and the front overhang too long. The same overhang puts me off 355, wrong balance between front and rear overhang.
    Interior the same, 308 is classic.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  16. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I assume we all bought whichever 3x8 we personally thought was the best looking. I was only interested in a 328 when I was looking at 3x8's back in '07-08. I was aa fan of the 308, and rented/drove two of them (a carb and a QV) back in the day but when I first saw a 328 in '86, I felt that they had improved the looks of a car whose looks I thought couldn't be improved! :)

miketuason, SpyderGT and G. Pepper like this.
  17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    People’s tastes change (‘mature’)....after 15 years I now think 308’s lines are much cleaner, and it’s an even toss up between the two. Euro-spec obviously...

18. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To me, all 3x8 are beautiful. If an owner like or think their own 3x8 looks the best then I’m happy for them and I also like it for them.

19. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I distinctly remember when the 328 was first presented. I was disappointed, and didn't care for the body color bumpers, subtle changes to the wheels and redesigned interior. It's grown on me more through the years and they're great cars, no doubt. Still think the 308 looks better. Also the 328 seems larger and I've driven lots of 308/328s. Is that crazy? I know they're basically the same car.

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Vividly remember that same reaction. New issue of road and track showed up and six or eight page color spread of the 328 about center of the magazine. Remember being so let down with the center console and more rounded lines. Absolutely love it now but 308 still gets my vote.

21. akitaman

akitaman Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Auburn, Wa.
    Full Name:
    Daron Walker
    Hmmmm, give me a late 308( 85 era) It has all the engine (minus the bore upsize) and transmission gearing upgrades of a 328, but with only minor trim changes. Besides, I like physical switches over rocker buttons on the interior controls. But that me. And what i own. Now contemplating on hunting for a 400i