Lusso Nightmare | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lusso Nightmare

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by officeline, Jul 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
  2. Surge74

Surge74 Rookie

Jul 6, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Surge
    Thank you for this. You are saving me ~$300K!
    I think the fact is that modern Ferraris are just way too complex to be reliable. If you have 10+ cars and only drive the Ferrari a few times per year, and you are under warranty, it's not a big deal.

If you are buying it as your one dream car that you have placed a ton of expectations in and have worked hard to make possible - you will be disappointed.
    Personally, my 'dream Ferrari' is a Testarossa. I have zero desire to own a modern one.

Asthenia likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A little bit off-topic, but you should consider a 550 Maranello - the testarossa is real crap from a driver's perspective, while the 550 is truly great, even though it has lower performance than more modern cars.

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Unacceptable, but not a new phenomenon - see Lamborghini.

Asthenia likes this.
  5. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The DB11 and DBS aren't that convenient for rear passengers, even children. I would look at the Lagonda Taraf or Rapide if you want to stay with AML.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agreed....the rear is not accommodating.

7. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Hahah lol no.. they wanna buy my car back at a huge loss and sell me a new one with a little discount..
    Car in shop since
    3rd of june. This is a nightmare!!! Second time i lose it for 3 months in 2019! From jan to april and from june until now..

So far no compensation.. not even a hint. They wanna sell me a 488 (which is no ferrari to me) that costs 270k for 225-230 (maybe) while those cars go for 200-210k right now

If I accept, i will lose 25k more..
    just bought an M5 competition, will go to schnitzer for the 720hp upgrade.
    Seriously **** ferrari. My family owns 5, and that doesn’t even matter to them

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    from my service record:
    "REPLACE CRUSHED VAC HOSES UNDER INTAKE MANIFOLD, REPLACE SECONDARY AIR HOSES."

10. KNOKKi

KNOKKi Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Amsterdam
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The testarossa is awesome from a drivers perspective, it’s raw, it’s fun it takes a real driver .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I have the feeling many consider that taming a poorly designed car is real driving ;) but that's not my approach - "real driving" is about precision and delicacy and not about trying to compensate for the shortcomings of the car.
    I cannot tell for the 512 TR but for me the testarossa has ridiculously underdimensioned brakes and a terrible road holding (the engine is a materpiece though - in this sense it's really a tribute to Enzo's philosophy).

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Driving imo should not be easy; it’s a privilege to drive a Ferrari otherwise everyone is like Justin Bieber out there... that’s also why imo the new era of f1 driver is not nearly as talented as the older guys.

The TR is 35 years old the brakes are from that era& yes the 512 tr is greatly improved...
    I have way more fun driving a tr in back roads than I did in a 458,ff or 720s. The tr talks to u and those cars, even if they are great are just less raw...specially That 720s...too damn fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk