612 Manual | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612 Manual

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by 19wm69, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19wm69

19wm69 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 20, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dear Ferraristi,
    First of all happy new year to everybody. My manual 612 is still for sale.
    At the actual Euro/USD rate the price has dropped close to 90.000 USD!
    This is a very attractive price for a manual 612. I prefer PM in case somebody is seriously interested.
    Wolfgang

2. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Beautiful car !! Does anyone know how many manual 612s were made ?

3. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    My dream car.

4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    A lot of people here would be seriously interested. Me to start. The issue is that in the US that car will be nothing more than a lawn ornament. I doubt even the federalization will be allowed in the USA because these cars are already legally imported as a USA model.

For you to sell to the USA , you would have to have it modified to the USA standards may be by the factory. This is simply not financially viable unless the car really gets sold very very cheap.

It is too new. 25 years is when the rules allow car to make it here.

5. 19wm69

19wm69 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 20, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I am aware of this problem. As there are many European people in this forum I am offering the car again. Besides I would be interested what it exactly means to federalize the car for the U.S. market. Did anybody go through this procedure before? Everybody says it is very expensive and maybe not possible at all. But every information is just vague and not very specific. Basically there is no big difference in a 612 for Europe or USA but nevertheless it seems to be significant.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Importing and federalizing a 612 is not a big deal, but it is expensive. Cost of shipping insurance, customs, and conversion to certify to EPA and DOT standards would probably be around $20K. Most modern Ferraris are pretty much world cars from an emissions standpoint, so it is just jumping through a bunch of hoops that costs so much, plus a few mods for both DOT (side markers, etc) and EPA (fuel tank emissions, etc).

7. Lpetracca@triequities.com

Mar 23, 2015
    is the car still for sale?