Ferrari ROMA | Page 55 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Dear Zeus & Day355, They began to ban ICE in many EU cities!! I guess Denmark as an example wants an EU-wide plan to ban petrol next year or the next few years!! Things are going too fast!!

2. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  3. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    La ROMA "Convertible" photo by * Evren Milano

Attached Files:

colonels, MDEL, Caphill and 8 others like this.
  4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    That is a beautiful rendition. If only......

4re4ever, Wheels1 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  5. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    I feel like the Roma would do better without the hump structures behind the seats. A Spider with a smooth rear surface behind the seats would be so slick.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LARRYH and Astrid.Didier like this.
  6. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Too many futuristic movies. I'll admit this, electric motors do have a lot of torque and are pretty simple. So much torque that a 6 speed gearbox isnt needed.
    They're so simple, that many people have been doing conversions on older vehicles.

There's an electric delorean, electric M3, electric 60s bug etc.

Any car manufacturer who supports electric vehicles is stepping their own toes. It's only a matter of time until people start to sell and buy cars in pieces, then put it together in their own garage.

If Solar panels gets efficient enough (which I believe eventually they will), we won't even need to charge them...

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    They haven't banned anything yet, apart from old diesels. These are not city cars anyway. Experts say that the ICE has some 50 years still left in it.

Solid State, of2worlds and ChadR like this.
  8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I'm still waiting for flying cars. They promised us flying cars! :)

of2worlds, stavura, REALZEUS and 8 others like this.
  9. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    #1359 gt_lusso, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    It's funny that someone has deleted my posts about the future of ICE, future of Ferrari and the way they get forced to down size engines, while Massini gets a free pass. No hard feelings towards you Marcel. I'm happy that you said it, as it seems it's the only way to make people listen. But hey! This is mostly an american forum, and cencorship is something americans are very good at, right? ;)

I'll post it one more time

"I just wanted to comment on this since I've read a lot of comments here that the Roma is a fail, and that Ferrari is wrong for "down grading" themselves. Well, believe it or not folks. The time where we can have everything we want just because we want it, is over. Next gen politicians will set some serious rules that could end the history of cars as we know it today. I truly believe Ferrari would produce V12s and V8s forever if they could. That's what their customers want. But we can't have it anymore. I hate to say it, but that's just facts. Ferrari knows this, and that's why they are going to milk every single drop that's possible to get, before it's over. That's why we will see a FUV, the Icona series, cars like Roma and other new additions to the lineup that for some people won't make any sense at all. Production numbers will increase drastically. Almost like if they are economically preparing for a future where no more ICE is allowed"

So like Marcin said. Wake TF up! Stop blaming Ferrari. Get out of your bubbles and read the news.

of2worlds, stavura, mhh and 5 others like this.
  10. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    With all the respect due to the Danemark, it s a village, and i don t think it can speack for a continent !
    An electric Ferrari is not a Ferrari, equation remains simple !!!
    Consequently , i ll don t buy it !!!

11. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011

your posts, and Marcel's, were moved to the politics forum. Marcel's new political posts will likely get moved too.
    At some point, moderators will ban users who continue to post political comments outside of that forum.
    It's not censorship, it's the forum owner's policy (which you agreed to) about keeping politics separated from car talk.

12. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Retail price in Germany is 194k.

Albert-LP likes this.
  13. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Unfortunately, cars have a become an area of controversy in the world we live in. Talking about cars is inherently a political conversation.

The forum has the right to move these comments to the political section, but you must realize that by that logic the entire forum will have to be moved to the political section in the coming years as it will be impossible to talk about cars without talking about politics. This is reality, we must learn to live with it. “Car guys” are a dying breed that will soon be stereotyped with all the other non-progressive subsets of society due to our indulgence in exorbitant activities that will one day “destroy the planet.”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Well said.

Where is this political section btw?

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Sad but true. I feel old lately. Never expected that at age 52, and certainly not because I love Ferraris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    "Destroy the planet" lol - If they really think that our carbon dioxide output is a pollutant they better stop breathing out.

I'll only add this - "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-front for the urge to rule it." - H.L. Mencken

Truer now today than ever.

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    If the damn grill was recessed in that space it would really look GOOD. Not just OK/ UGLY. I finally said it

18. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. No way! My phone stays in the center console when I'm driving and I have no idea how to use the radio in the Cali. I bought a Ferrari to escape from reality...T

MDEL, Caeruleus11 and slm like this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You guys are chicken little drama queens.
    Stop acting like such victims, it’s embarrassing to watch.

not4one, Astrid.Didier and tomc like this.
  20. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I can see you all hate electric cars and of course the new rules/laws, why don't you guys take real actions against that climate change lobby instead of just talking here, plz if you really want to be heard then do exactly what they do, enough talks and take actions, act like them "the Clime Change lobby", start your own lobby and go to the streets (all around the glob), fight for your rights and be strong. it's your life, your own joy and your Ferrari.

Now let's talk about la ROMA, and enough politics;).

21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I didn't write anything political (that would be new to me anyway!)………...at least not that I know of.
    And where on this site is a political forum, please?
    Somebody please explain to me, thank you.
    PM/conversation is fine.

Marcel Massini

gt_lusso likes this.
  22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes, please. Where?

Marcel Massini

23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed