Ford v. Ferrari: another review with several reactions from readers | FerrariChat

Ford v. Ferrari: another review with several reactions from readers

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Nov 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Davesvt2000 likes this.
  2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I saw Midway (taking a 94 year old Marine veteran of Saipan) and thought it some ways they were similar buddy movies but at least in the war movie they had subtitles telling what battle you were at and the time period where in F v. F you couldn't always tell..

3. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    I saw it Sat. Doesn't "dis" either brand, entertaining, some humor, little bit of Hollywood cheese, some history but as previously stated mostly a story of two talented friends trying to develop a racecar while skirting a corporate environment. Worth seeing, bring the family.

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Worth watching but ultimately disappointing as it didn’t deliver car thrills or go deep enough into Shelby character/Ford v Ferrari rivalry.
    Gave a taste test of many angles.

CK7684 likes this.
  5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Saw it. Liked it. Hardly perfect, but still fun.

6. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I was rather disappointed. It should have been called Ford vs Ken Miles. I would have liked it to be a bit more accurate & also would have liked to see some action in '65 & Ferrari winning instead of showing Miles only listening to it on the radio. I also would have liked to see how the racing program influenced Ford's other cars. Since they made a point of showing the mustang being viewed as a "secretary's car" maybe show the GT350 version later on.
    Really, I didn't enjoy watching so much of the corporate negativity throughout the movie. Ferrari seemed like just another competitor rather than the main goal.

boxerman likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Well written...concur. With more reflection post movie, I am even more disappointed. Financial results didn’t meet expectations.

CK7684 likes this.
  8. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  9. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Henry Ford II, eventually came around, although very much the epitome of a person who live a privileged sheltered and elitist life who otherwise would have been a relative nobody without his dad...Enzo had it right, he was no Henry Ford. But in my opinion the real "tool" in the movie was Leo Beebe, played by Josh Lucas. I am not a violent person by nature, but this guy was/is you just want to smack around.

MB

10. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Right. I'm not sure why the movie paid so much attention on him.

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #12 BJK, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    They're making a Hollywood movie, not a documentary. You need an antagonist/the real 'tool' that the audience can all despise, and the protagonist/hero we can root for.
    It makes the story better. (as in sell tickets to make a profit, which is the whole point really)

Too bad Carroll Shelby himself wasn't around to be part of this. I think he would have loved it.

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Tenney likes this.
  13. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  15. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Actually, its doing very well financially. The Oscar nod and near perfect reviews didn't hurt. Yeah, there were a few nits to pic-so what? A very entertaining night at the movies that all can(and have) enjoyed. Featuring the cars many of us consider iconic and a serious effort to get sets right with minimal to no CGI. I saw it twice with no regrets.

16. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    There's going to be a repeat of the Petersen Cruise In this coming Saturday but this time the whole emphasis is totally on the film as the videos come out, with at least two people portrayed in the film there. I am not sure if you have to be media but the LA Shelby Club is invited and last year when they had a similar shindig, they weren't keeping out walk-ins. Displaying your car is another matter, best check with the LA Shelby Club who ran this notice below.

Ford v Ferrari - Perfect Lap Tour LA
    Saturday, February 15, 2020
    10:00am-2:00pm
    Carroll Shelby International Headquarters: 19021 S Figueroa St, Gardena, CA 90248
    https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z31-TS-PERF-LAP
    Join Team Shelby as we celebrate the release of the blockbuster movie and Best Picture Oscar nominee, "Ford v Ferrari" on 4K UHD, DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital!

17. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Too many made up stories and inaccuracies to take this movie seriously in any way.
    I’ve lost my enthusiasm when they decided to cast “the shrimp” Matt Damon to play Shelby who’s shoulders were way above the top of the head of that little dick.

18. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Got the date wrong on that Shelby gathering to promote the video in Los Angeles. Not the 8th of Feb but 15th. I don't have a weather report that far out