Ferrari Roma - Marks out of 10 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Roma - Marks out of 10

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Igor Ound, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

1. 10

18.8%
  2. 9

21.3%
  3. 8

23.8%
  4. 7

12.0%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

5.2%
  7. 4

4.6%
  8. 3

2.2%
  9. 2

2.2%
  10. 1

1.2%
  11. 0

2.8%
  1. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I gave it a '6'- I imagine it has the potential to be prettier in the flesh, but as previously noted- it looks more like an AM or a Jag.

It looks like the kind of car I'd buy my wife, but not the kind I'd drive myself.

Mike

2. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just showed it to my wife- she gave it an '8'.

Mike

Astrid.Didier and G. Pepper like this.
  3. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    6 for me. Derivative design blending elements of Aston, Jag F-type, AMG GTS and Alfieri. Nothing original enough to excite me.

DGPF likes this.
  5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  6. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Really? I have huge respect for your vast knowledge about all things Ferrari. But you don’t know what motivates me at all.

John

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Bhh and G. Pepper like this.
  7. Bradley C

Bradley C Rookie

Jan 6, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Bradley C
    I think the design of the Roma looks great, but then again, I've always liked the looks of an Aston Martin. As much as I admire the aggressive styling of a mid-engine Ferrari, my preference is to own a GT. I'm hoping that Ferrari comes out with a Roma Spider next year that I could trade up to from my California T. Otherwise, it looks like a Portofino would be next. I give the Roma a 9, assuming a Spider is in the works.

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I went down to my local Fdealer yesterday and they said they were accepting deposits$10k but no online car configurator yet. Also I ask if Ferrari was going to have a presents at the LA Auto show coming up shortly and they didn’t think so. Kind of disappointing as they haven’t been there in several years.
    This may be the first Ferrari I special order, I like the “new” retro look with graceful lines. But I don’t want to give up my 612, so may call for negotiations with the boss for one more car.:D

Bradley C likes this.
  9. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    I think the Portofino is both more attractive and a more unique design. This car looks like a Jaguar F-Type, Mercedes AMG GT and any of the new Astons. It is just not my flavor.

10. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Wise choice and hard fight with the boss I assume :rolleyes:

11. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    All Ferrari owners option their cars with shields for one reason only - the reason you've stated? Interesting. Apparently, I missed that survey. I must be swimming against the tide. I've placed shields on all of my cars because I'm enamored with the story behind the shields. I do it as a form of remembrance and, to be completely truthful, I think they look damn cool. But hey, that's just me.

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Did I say all? I did not.

Marcel Massini

DGPF likes this.
  13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Of course not.

Marcel Massini

14. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    8.5 for me.

Love the overall looks of the car.

Dislikes -

1) Cheap looking cheese grater front grill (looks like someone stretch some of that orange plastic construction fencing across the front and painted it)
    2) Divided cockpit. Feels "pretend race car". An unnecessary affectation. Instead of carbon and floating buttress consoles I'd rather see less obstructions with a nice set of Daytona seats and lots of sumptuous leather everywhere.

But those are my only two criticisms so far.

15. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Agree. And I wish they'd stop!!!!

DGPF likes this.
  16. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry I was a little touchy. To me, our Ferrari’s are works of rolling art that i absolutely love to see, touch and drive. They are hardly discreet. Some people assume they are for showing off. But they are simply for pleasure. Not everyone buys a Ferrari for the same reason.

The shield issue is interesting. We ordered our first Ferrari in 2014. Not knowing much about them except for the obvious, we assumed the shield was simply a tradition, since all the examples had them. Dealer added automatically.

I did not know until recently that it is an issue for some folks nor why.

John

R J and Jordan68 like this.
  17. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As you can see from my garage, as a general rule, I don't like them- I think they're garish and ostentatious. Whenever I see them, I think of every Italian guy to whom I've ever sold a big gold chain who wears said chain outside of his shirt (so that everyone can see it :rolleyes::rolleyes:).

If I order an F8 spider and/or a GTS, I'll be speccing them without shields.

Mike

DGPF and boxerman like this.
  18. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Your statement was "People don't put shields on the fender because of resale value. They put them on to show the rest of the world that they have a Ferrari. ..." You spoke in an absolute, unqualified manner; there's no qualifying or limiting language.

I've long marveled over the arrogance displayed on this site. Instead of a lame attempt at damage control, perhaps a retraction would have been more appropriate. But, that would require humility rather than pomposity.

19. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Don't apologize. You appropriately called BS on a sweeping, asinine statement.

Makuono likes this.
  20. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    I would venture to say that he most likely meant to state : "Most people don't put shields on the fender because of resale value. Most put them on to show the rest of the world that they have a Ferrari. ...

This is not a court of law so I marvel at your arrogance to attempt to chastise someone for something as simple as posting an opinion (that perhaps is contrary to yours) that was most likely posted in haste.

DGPF and boxerman like this.
  21. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Your rewsponse confuses arrogance for a disdain for BS.

I called BS on an absolute, broad stroke statement. I would have had no objection if a qualifying term such as "some" had been used. You've reached your destination by re-writing what was Massini said. Your linguistic gymnastic should tell you something.

22. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This.

DGPF likes this.
  23. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
  24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    actually no.
    the 456 is a less aggressive, more classic design that incorporates design elements from the daytona, and is also dated by the manufacturing ability of that time.
    having owned 2, i can also say that the look is greatly improved by the 18" wheels.

i like the look of the roma, and it has a purpose since we wont have a lusso next year, and the portofino rear seats are troo small. so for people looking for a 2+2, that is not a truck, the roma is a fit.

as others have said, keep in mind that some of the design elements now are dictated by the new rules for pedestrian safety etc.

if you are asking my choice between a roma and 456mgt....the latter would get my nod, because i am a cheap bastard and i like changing gears.

G. Pepper, Caeruleus11 and davemqv like this.
  25. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    True, but there are many opinionated broad stroke statements and I usually dismiss so they don’t get highlighted.

Same for statements about what Enzo would say about new models. Silly things people say that don’t deserve a response.

More on topic. I like the Roma. Not so pleased with the interior.

John