Maserati Khamsin | Page 313 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger,

I know most of them but thought little by little it would be fun.
    I don't have as much time as you for this as I have five books that I either wrote (4) or translated (1) coming out in first or second editions this winter so it has been a mad house. Not a topic to discuss here though.

1/43 amusing:)

1020 great I only had this was not aware it was in Europe:

K 1020 5 speed

History: Owned summer 1981 by Michael Adams, formerly of Medford, Oregon, having just relocated to Valley Center near San Diego, California. 2nd place in class, MIE spring meet 1981.

No details on the car, consult those VCM issues.

VCM roster August 1984:

Stanley Bishop, MD, in Rialto (CA.?) also had 3500GT, QP1, Mexico, Ghibli, Bora.

714 875 6800 and 714 822 8143

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    hope so, when it finally comes out it will have had a complete transfusion of its Vulcan Blood, a rebuilt heart, a nose job and liposuction on its Kardashian fat ass. However just to be sure I may have to replace the Devil’s pitchfork emblem with one of the staff of Saint Peter.

MK1044 likes this.
  5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hahahaha best of luck and keep us posted

6. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hi Marc

sorry I did not want to impair yours or anybody elses enthusiasm, I am just as keen on getting to know the story behind each car

actually the record I have of 1020 relates to the sale by Tanner Motorcars in the California in 2015, for an advertised 175'000.-
    but the car is clearly an Automatic and not manual. The ad said 'factory sunroof, tinted windows and 2 owners.
    The pictures taken in France seem to date from 2016, and they look just too similar to me, so I assume they are the same car.

If we just pick the ones where we have questions, I thought we might be more efficient, that's all.

And yes, it seems I have more time at hand, even if my plans for retirement are only slowly taking shape...

Keep up the good work!

Roger
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger thanks for that.

Ok good idea, we will focus on those we don't know.

Greetings from the Autobahn, not alas from the driving seat of a K but from the backseat of an Audi

8. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Khamsin Speaker selection

Hello. As my car is all set for its interior restoration.... in the shop now in fact.

Does anyone know the ideal speakers to put in place of the original ones that look tired but still work "scratchilly." ... I'd like to put in the biggest i can, but of course not modify the car to fit them...

For now at least i will keep the original (at least i think it is) radio... so efficient speaker are best. The radio was already in when my family purchased the car in 1976... and it fits well.

The current ones would be considered to be 4 inch speakers with a 5 inch surround. 1.75 inches deep from the face.. How big will fit... trying to simplify the interior teams job. Thank you,
    Richard

Ps. Yes i know the engine is the best sound...but in traffic, or a longer trip... a little distraction/news/music is nice...

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

9. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  10. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger,

Excellent one more car out of the woodwork, never heard of this one. hopefully it will get its bumpers and exhausts sorted soon. Almost identical to 1096 its direct predecessor.

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    This one I visited about ten years ago at its longtime home, a castle in western France, it was an amazing place with Mistral spyder, Indy, this Khamsin, a Miura, 365GTC/4 and Daytona and all were covered in dust as he had been too busy with his career. He has now retired and was planning on reawakening all.

This K 162 then showed up in 2010 at 500 Ferraris against cancer in west central France at le Vigeant circuit with his daughter and her boyfriend at the wheel, the tires were soooo old they were green so I suggested they stay off the track. this new number plate you show with number 95 for the val d'Oise department is near Paris in a totally different region so he must have sold it. he had too many cars anyway.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger, that is clearly a French registered car, I don't recognize it either, I will dig, hopefully the cheap outside rear view mirror will be a clue, back on tomorrow.

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7815 Nembo1777, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Interestingly of the 29 cars sold in France not a single one was red, good taste:) There are some unaccounted French cars: for example 146 (last seen when offered Artcurial Le Mans Classic 2016 black/black) and 196 (rosso Cordoba but with black interior). 044 was totalled, I saw it in Antibes years ago. Just emailed Berges cuir.

16. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    My friend Paul R. long time Maserati collector. My Mexico comes from him. If I remember well, he bought the remaining parts at Thepenier.

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Monsieur Wilde:) Yes that is him. Don't know about the parts, he did have some Thepenier office files.

18. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Last time I saw him, Retromobile 2015 or 2016, he said to me that he has the some files too. Miura and Daytona were exhibited for years in a local museum. After his retirement, no too long ago, they came back to him.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  19. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hi Marc

my best guess is that it is #124, but let's see what you can figure out.

Your comment about the unaccounted french cars spurred my interest; I had 7 unaccounted for, all Celeste chiaro, Oro Longchamp or Arancio, is that your tally as well?

but then I found pictures of one golden car taken in 2012 & march 2013, which must be 184, so this one is still alive!

http://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/marques/lamborghini/sujet9-1155.htm

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    I believe Gullwing does not CARE about that. :D

I heard that some French guy who is considered knowledgeable about Khamsins had a look at it in person, and I thought informed Gullwing of the provenance.
    They've had that thing for well over a year now. I suppose nobody want to deal with known stolen property.

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Carmine. Well I recall visiting Gullwing late september last year with errr...you:) and you saw I did not mention what I knew to the sales manager who showed us around, I just felt it would have been quite awkward. I did not contact them about it thereafter either, not something I need to get involved in plus Al Skolnick the owner was quite old when he contacted me about this quite a few years ago, I doubt he is still around...

22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7822 Nembo1777, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Hi Roger,

I know the owner of 124, saw him at that Lyon show a week ago and that is not his car.

One celeste chiaro car was 044 which was totalled when it had about 1500kms, the owner's son had a leg broken in the crash. That car had NO backseats, interesting request the client demanded. Here two photos I took in Antibes in about 2011.

The one orange car was 018 and I sold it from the Toulouse area to a very nice enthusiast in Berlin. It has been dark blue for decades. That is he car that was featured in a major article in France when new.
    The gold car of which you posted two photos...there is a catch to that one, it is in fact 356 a French car but not sold via Thepenier, it went to the French island of Guadeloupe in the Carribean -see the number plate 971 for Guadeloupe- after being ordered directly at the factory by the buyer. It later spent years in warehouses around Paris. An acquaintance saw it in a warehouse near Melun with a Merak and Espada but it has been moved to another location and is just sitting as far as I know.
    I have several French cars missing including one or two gold ones yes. 382 born silver black the last French car is now for sale in Germany repainted dark blue.

23. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hi Marc

So this time I got it all wrong.

Thepenier lists your #44 as #196, so I got muddeled up, who is right? o_O
    Is 196 the car sold by Autodrome Cannes ?

I know about the color change of 018, but I was thinking of #154 which was sold to Mr André Tissier and whose original color was arancio.

In this case my list for cars sold to france is incomplete for #88, #140, #154, #158, #168, #184 and #386, any help welcome ;)

At least I guessed correctly, that the car posted by Walter Bäumer recently would be 382, after I saw the advert for it.

Thanks for your help
    Roger

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger,

In the Thepenier files I was given by the manu who has them and posts here, 196 is listed as Rosso Cordoba...
    The light blue car sold by L'Autodrome in Cannes is 094 new to Saudi Arabia.

154 I have nothing on, zero.

Back on later on re 88 to 386.

25. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Ahh. I didn't pay much attention to your conversation with the guy, because I was mostly wandering around looking at other cars. I recall they did not have the title yet although the car had been in their possession for a few months. That was a red flag.

Surely they are aware of the status by now? What can happen? Somebody has to go through the trouble of paying off the insurance company, getting the title cleaned up, etc..