For Sale - 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S - Black/Black, 18,2xx miles | FerrariChat

For Sale 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S - Black/Black, 18,2xx miles

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Woodhouse Select, Sep 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    I'm really excited about this one.

The 993 Turbo S may not need any introduction, but I'm going to ramble on a bit anyway. These cars were built for the 1997 and 1998 model years only under the careful eye of Porsche's Exclusive Manufaktur department, and represented a huge improvement over the standard 993 Turbo. It was meant to be the ultimate supercar that could also be used every day. All the aero on the car was changed, it was fitted with quad exhaust tips, and the brake calipers were painted yellow. Power is sent to all four wheels via a six speed manual transmission. Thanks to twin K24 turbochargers, the 993 Turbo S produced 424 HP (in US market trim) and was capable of running in excess of 180 MPH. Ultimately, 345 cars were built worldwide, with 183 of them destined for the US market.

Since Porsche had daily drivability in mind, creature comforts were not sacrificed in the Turbo S. This example sports a full pleated leather interior with carbon fiber trim all over, air conditioning, electric power windows, and an electric sunroof. The clutch is light, the brake pedal requires little effort, and the cabin is quiet.

We just got this 993 Turbo S in on trade. Black/black, 18,260 miles as of this morning. The paint on the car is immaculate, and the entire car has been covered in PPF. I really hate to use the word "mint" to describe any used vehicles, but... this one is pretty close. Freshly serviced by our Porsche techs, this car truly needs nothing and is ready to be enjoyed by its next owner.

Factory options include -

X52 - Leather covered CD storage
    X77 - Carbon steering wheel, leather covered airbag module
    454 - Automatic speed control
    520 - Interior monitoring
    586 - Lumbar support, left seat
    650 - Sun-moon-roof
    680 - Nokia DSP (Digital Sound Processing) audio system
    939 - Pleated leather rear seats
    982 - Pleated leather front seats
    This car is being offered at $455k or offer. Price includes enclosed shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

I'm happy to provide any information for any parties interested in the car. You can call me and I can do a FaceTime walkaround of the car, send photos/videos of anything... whatever you'd like to see. This car presents incredibly well, and stands up well against any scrutiny. Any collector would be happy to have this car in their collection.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Illyria, rampante550, pnorell and 9 others like this.
  2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that's a sexy beast right there.

Boomhauer and Woodhouse Select like this.
  3. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    Love the wheel finish.
    That's the best part of a fabulous car.

Boomhauer and Woodhouse Select like this.
  4. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    The oldest car in our showroom by about 20 years, and it has the best looking paint.

[​IMG]

5. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    We've had tons of interest in this car and a few people have traveled from out of state to view the car. Everyone seems agree that the car presents incredibly well. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a collector piece that can double as a cars and coffee cruiser a few times a year.

6. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

I had a similar car back then

what many do not realize is that the turbo wheel was very special as opposed to the 911 wheel which looked the same..
    It was a special process that made a hollow spoke for lightness.
    The 2 halves of the spoke were cast and then through friction welding they were spun against each other until they heated and then bonded..
    Very Special..
    Luv these cars.

ScottS and Woodhouse Select like this.
  7. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Porsche should have closed the company after this one. End of the line, before they became an SUV company.

Great looking car, the pinnacle of the 911!

GLWS

8. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Still available! Tons of inquiries and trade offers, but no one has taken this beauty home yet.

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Auction worthy....last of a line

Woodhouse Select likes this.
  10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I've got 2 myself, both black and they still amaze me every time I get in and go for a drive

pnorell, Oengus and andyrichter like this.
  11. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    You're a very lucky individual! They're an incredibly special car. They're the right size, won't kill you with the power, and they're so mechanical and well-built.

12. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Still available!

13. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    The most beautiful and best 911 generation ever: so over-engineered! Amazing example!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

rmani likes this.
  14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Holy grail.
    Priced too high at the moment but soon will be considered a great bargain.....

15. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Agreed on the great bargain sentiment. I wouldn't be surprised if these are 7-figure cars in the next decade.

16. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    what was msrp when they came out?

17. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    The 997 Turbo S base MSRP was $150k. The Turbo was $105k. That's without guzzler or destination or anything.

Ours was probably $155k - $160k if I had to speculate.

18. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    The winter weather has landed in Omaha, but the Turbo S is safe and sound in the corner of our showroom. We've had many, many Porschephiles come through our store just to drool over this car. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate how clean and unmolested it is.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    There are three other 993 Turbo Ss listed on AutoTrader right now for anywhere from $484k to $899k. Ours represents arguably the best value, in arguably the most desirable color combination, currently on the market.

More photos are available on our website. https://www.woodhouse.com/vehicles/347480

20. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Still available, still in our showroom, still beautiful.

21. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    Only a Porschefile with a clear head would pay this much. I would take a 288GTO any day, or a 512 BB.

22. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Is this a troll account? Serious question.

technom3 and BOKE like this.
  23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You are all over the map, 512 values about $200k while the 288 GTO over $2mln.
    Why being so humble?
    Might as well say you would rather have a McLaren F1 or 250 GTO over that Porsche......

technom3, pshep138, 993RSCS and 4 others like this.
  24. Woodhouse Select

Feb 27, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Bump for the Turbo S.

tantumaude likes this.
  25. forhamilton

forhamilton Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I’ll take this and your blue superfast. Let’s make a deal.