First time really driving my new 360, check engine light already... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

First time really driving my new 360, check engine light already...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Falcon Wing, Dec 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ducsc1k

ducsc1k Karting

Jun 8, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    John
    bluetooth obdII reader won't work with iphone, you will need the wifi version

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +1, I've had this same exact issue. The OBD2 reader is erratic when reading two separate banks. In my case, I had a brake light switch error showing, then I cleared it, but the light stayed on. When I hooked the reader up again, it read a similar code from the other bank. Once I also cleared that code, the light went away.

3. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    #53 Falcon Wing, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Stopped by "Concourse Cars" in Old Colorado City (shop that did extensive work on my 348). I described the code, showed him the code read out, and basically sad many of the same things that have already been said here. His methodology is to take the simplest route first, possible carbon build up, and the car now residing at higher altitude.. and he sent me on my way with a bottle of this....w/ the instructions to fill the tank and then drive the hell out of it.... We will see what happens.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Glad to hear that, give it a try, have fun and report back :)

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I use Techron, probably very similar. That is basically fuel system cleaner, and is not going to do much, if anything, for any carbon in the combustion chamber. Carbon is not normally a problem with modern emissions controlled cars, so not to worry, but injectors do tend to get dirty in Ferraris.

6. Greenair5

Greenair5 Rookie

Mar 9, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    I just got my ferrari 360 f1 two weeks ago. Drove the car from home to the mall about 10 miles, and coming back the engine ligth come ON. This is the 2nd time it happen. The dealer wide world ferrari says was a exhaust valve unplugged. Now I check and the valve look ok. Do you guys think by driving on F1 auto will affect my car ? And ligth is coming on for that reason?. I turned the car On, wait 5 mins before I go and keep it under 3000 rpm until oil warms up

7. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Have the code read. Most common reason would be improperly tightened gas cap. However without code it’s all speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I topped off my fuel tank too much. Check engine light went on. Drove it to lower fuel level. Turned off, then turned on cutoff switch in trunk. Light did not reappear. Problem solved

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This should be a disclaimer: NOBODY KNOWS WHY YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON. READ YOUR CODES BEFORE POSTING.

10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    ... And also a reminder to check posting date. I pm'd the original poster to offer to assist only to discover he'd sold it 2 years ago. This is a resurrection thread from circa 2014