Dino A/C wiring diagram - anyone seen a schematic? | FerrariChat

Dino A/C wiring diagram - anyone seen a schematic?

Discussion in '206/246' started by synchro, Oct 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    1) Has anyone ever seen a wiring diagram for the Dino that included the A/C system?

2) Has any Dino owner with an operating OEM installed A/C ever heard their right hand radiator fan turn on?
    (and only the right fan)

The OEM Dino Owner's manual (cat. no 72/72) has paragraphs on pages 33-34 that describe the A/C system but I am having difficulty finding an electrical schematic of the system so have been making my own. Now I've run into an inconsistency

The fold out wiring diagram/details on pages 120-126 do not have A/C parts in their reference and I wonder if anyone here has seen a wiring diagram that details the Dino A/C system - I believe it has been omitted. I have been making my own up as I go and am a bit stumped at the written description in the second paragraph
    "...this engages the magnetic clutch of the compressor and connects automatically the right hand fan"

Although typical of 1970's A/C systems to activate the RHS radiator fan, I am not finding this electrical path on my Dino. It could be implicit as the heat from the evaporator will flow right into the radiator and its thermostat will turn on both fans, but there is a serious delay in doing so.

Thank you in advance

ED: The written description also talks about the underpressure sensor but the diagram on p.34 omits that piece of hardware.

2. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I’m away at the moment but will be home on Monday. Ill see what I have

3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Ferrari released two 28 page 8.5 x11" bookets entitled "Additional instructions for the USA version 1973" (60/72) and 1974. In addition to all of the emissions control, safety and lighting equipement, they include wiring diagrams that have all of the A/C system wiring.

The cars that are not wired for A/C only have one relay that sends power to both cooling fans, and comes on from the thermostatic switch. The cars that are wired for A/C have separate relays for the left and right cooling fans. The left relay is triggered by the thermostatic switch and the right relay is triggered by either the thermostatic switch or the power wire to the A/C compressor clutch.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Massive respect for your posts.
    Thanks again for pointing out I already have this in my possession if I just knew where to look! LOL

I have a couple USA supplements and while my 1972 60/72 does not have AC stuff, the 1973 version does. The AC/parts list has been glued on to the tail end to prevent printing a new page while the schematic has been re-printed with the AC items.

View attachment 2857912

Attached Files: