612 Replacement Radio | Page 3 | FerrariChat

612 Replacement Radio

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ferrari Monkey, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    F612 likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    F612, randkin and m5shiv like this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  4. kahrl

kahrl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 19, 2009
    Hudson, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob Kahrl
    My 2010 OTO has Bose with the iPod connector under a flap in the glove box. I presume that is the standard location for the iPod option. I am baffled how to get the Bose unit to actually control the iPod. The owner's manual devotes almost no attention to this option. It would be really nice if I could move around on the track being played, or skip a track, or move to the next chapter of an audiobook, but so far I haven't had any luck discovering any controls for the iPod. Anybody have any info on that?

Makuono likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    This was obviously in my ff.
    Wrt 612 im pretty sure im able to control ipod from behind steering wheel controls.

6. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

I have exactly the same setup. I can control the iPod/iPhone music with the Bose controls, as well with the steering wheel controls. I even purchased an adaptor from the old iPod/iPhone plug to the newer lighting plug type. Works like a charm.

After connecting the device to the plug in the glove box, you should allow it some time for the system to communicate. After that, you should be able to select it - an icon "iPod" appears near the CD player icon.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats consistent with my experience

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #58 randkin, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    To get to the IPod mode, one of the buttons below the screen allows you to select the IPod by using the knob to the right of the screen to turn to the IPod icon. The controls for volume and to change track on the IPod are on the steering wheel - rear middle - left for volume and right for track selection. On the right control there is an up/down and a button in the middle (which I haven’t yet figured out). I have trouble changing tracks when using the right rear steering control as sometimes when changing tracks it reverts to the beginning of the alphabetical listing of your play list. I am not sure how the middle button affects the changing of tracks causing it to go to the beginning of the track listings vs. just going to the last played song or next song. I need to look over the manual better. Also the right knob tunes the album and individual track. But when driving I don’t like using this knob as it requires fixed attention to use.

9. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    +1

I followed the advice and bought the Bovee 1000.

After many years connecting my iPods/iphones to the plug inside the glove box, I finally stopped delaying and purchased the air stream device.

Super happy with it. Convenient - displays the track name on the BOSE 2din - and I couldn't notice any change in the sound quality.

ttforcefed likes this.