Scud over CS and Speciale Chris Harris | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Scud over CS and Speciale Chris Harris

Discussion in '360/430' started by smdzucladoc, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    So a Caterham ? ;)

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Nobody said minimal or negligible performance gap. What was said is that facts are more important than lame youtube videos without any scientific approach applied.

A poorly optioned Scud with glazed brakes, slow driver reactions, old worn tires and full tank of low octane fuel sitting in the wrong point in the torque band in the wrong gear can get smoked quite easily too by much lesser hp cars. OK an extreme example but you'll understand the point.

I have personally out accelerated numerous times both the 458 and the Scuderia, heck even a few dim whitted Mclaren owners in my 'humble' (read as heavily breathed on) 360. The reason is ofcourse my car is not at all stock. Its not all about outright hp, weight reduction sees my power to weight sitting at the same as the best factory Scud and Ive got better grip, braking and handling. None of this is anything like a stock CS but its written to illustrate that there can be significant overlap between models.

Don't be too cocksure of yourself if your in a Scud and accidentally happen to see me in my 360 one day

tifosi101 likes this.
  3. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Man, typical of F chat this thread is becoming drama. I came here for reviews and stats not sword fighting...

freshmeat, SlowScud and dustman like this.
  4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #229 freshmeat, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    ppl all butthurt lol.

broski, suddenly the cs is as fast as a 458!

that's my cue, peace out lol.

Shark01 and f1scud like this.
  5. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    What scale RC car were they?

Shark01 and f1scud like this.
  6. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Lame.
    Have fun with that. Im going on a drive.

f1scud and Sky Hye like this.
  7. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    But the value! How dare you drive your f car

plastique999 and f1scud like this.
  8. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Ohhhhh please. Chris does have a point that manufacturers are over engineering cars these days to be as fast as possible. But the fact that he chooses a McLaren over the Ferrari shows how numb he is. There isn't a more lifeless car than the McLaren and the Ferrari has life to them, they have emotion, they are just amazing vehicles. So just with him picking the McLaren over the Ferrari just shows me he has nothing to say.

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've got both a McLaren and a Ferrari and I wouldn't say that the Mclaren is bad! Just very different. I think Chris just wants to go bloody quickly!

They go about their thing in very different ways... The Mclaren feels very much like driving a computer game at times but there is no denying its slug of real world performance, its very very quick indeed straight out of the box from day one, very little learning required, just how to operate the active panel, handling and power train modes.

I actually get the impression the engineers felt the human squishy thing behind the wheel was a mere ' inconvenience' that had to be worked around, lol. The cars brain clearly thinks it's better than the driver and for most people it probably is!

550nitis likes this.
  10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Clearly you cannot grasp power to weigh ratio's. My car is not the norm at 250kg stripped.. Sigh, it's not rocket science. For the non believers I'll post some data logs very soon which prove it scientifically ..

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Totally disagree from actual seat time experience.

JAM1 and 550nitis like this.
  12. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Same. LT product is definitely a step up from regular stuff although regular stuff is good too.

Mac does a good job of blending high tech (carbon tub, crazy suspensions) with low tech (hydraulic steering, open diff, old school turbo motor, lag an all).

Ferrari still wins on charisma but macs are definitely interesting cars.

ross likes this.
  13. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    That's what makes your standpoints and posts so tedious. You keep writing how great your CS is, but you're talking about a car that has nothing to do with the original anymore. I ask myself again and again, if the CS is so good, why do you convert the whole car?

At the very end you don't compare apples with apples, you don't compare apples with pears, you compare apples with tomatoes. Whereby your pimped CS does not necessarily have to be the tomato, I leave this decision to the reader.

Sky Hye, freshmeat, E60 M5 and 2 others like this.
  14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If I'd bought a Scud I'd do the exact same thing, doesn't mean anything is wrong to begin with, just means I like to improve things.

Ferrari always leave a lot left on the table and removing 250kg transforms any of these cars (Scud no doubt included) in ways you cannot even imagine...

15. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My CS has 21k miles. How many on yours?

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    He just bought it like 2 weeks ago............

The way I see these two cars, the CS is more valuable (because of less supply (by 50% IMO)) and more raw, while the Scuderia is better at everything else. And unlike the crappy video posted a page back, I'll take WAY more stock in what Chris Harris has to say.

Thread over.....

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    listen to dustman.

give the 600lt a spin around some bendy roads, you’ll see. And if you’re a patient bloke, at the rate Macs historically depreciate there will be options galore between 675LT and 600LT to pick from on the secondary market at favorable prices.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Personally I’d pass both and get a used 720s.

19. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    The performance package of a 720S is definitely revolutionary and rewrote the books for its class. Can't wait to see what the 760LT can do. The 600LT felt just about right, not too bonkers in the power dept and most of its performance is still accessible; 720S felt like it was getting too far out there esp w the nannies off, it was bloody scary at those rates of speed!

Only thing I hated about either, was the turbo whistling...it's bearable inside the cabin, but as an onlooker outside, it sounds like horsesh*t.

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sounds...

For me, the best all around usable exotic-type cars that are stock and sound great are:
    AM Vantage GT8
    458's
    Scuds
    Performante and perhaps R8V10+ (probably the most reliable and usable on the list)

21. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    But get a lifetime warranty! Worst reliability I’ve ever dealt with! 5 minutes in after leaving the dealer and I had to take it back in for service.

22. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    love it, hang on to your Scuderia watch for the prices to go up these Ferrari

23. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I just dont trust their reliability.
    I'll give up absolute performance numbers for some.
    A CS or Scud is at the limit for normal streets anyhow.

A buddy of mine was into performance boats here in the DFW area.
    After awhile he quit going after HP.
    I asked why.
    He said going across the lake and back 8 times a day vs 9 wasn't worth trowing money after.

24. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    100% agree on the performance comment. Above Scud levels and public roads are just frustrating. 360/430 last generation of useable performance without supercomputer processing power.

25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Ya, I think what is enough power is subjective and varies from driver to driver...funnily enough there is another fchat thread that spun up recently talking about just that: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/how-much-power-is-enough.610748/#post-146901701

For some the power of a prius can be overwhelming, and for others the power of a LaFerrari can be totally manageable. There will be folks who embrace nanny assistance and others who don't and so on.

For me, I felt the 600LT is already plenty and the 720 is definitely way out there and god knows what it'll be like in a 760LT. It's not the outright performance per say, it's how the power is delivered/managed and the feedback you get from the car...the 600LT is twitchier so it adds to the senses.

No losers here really (even though some obviously seem convinced there has to be).