GTC4 Lusso seat | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GTC4 Lusso seat

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by j09333, Jul 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Headrest feels like a pillow, I thought this was rather nice and slightly different to my usual racing seats ;)
    Seats overall very comfy with plenty of adjustments, the lumbar worked great along with the adjustable bolsters, both of which I believe are standard?

2. Denny787

Denny787 Rookie

Sep 7, 2018
    Same here guys, had mine for almost 2 years and I have to say that these seats are one of the most uncomfortable I had in a long time.
    I went for the diamond stitch and I was told recently that the Daytona are better. The seat itself is ok, the leather is way to firm and after 2 hours drive my right leg bothers me. I'm 195, 87kg and very fit. This is supposed to be a GT not a 488 with 4 seats; matter of fact I find the 488 with standard seat more comfortable as the main tunnel is narrower giving more space for the right leg. In the Lusso the left side of the main tunnel is very uncomfortable when on long distance the right leg is in a rest position.
    IMHO.

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I find the seats among the most comfortable so clearly this is an issue of how each of us fits- thus an extended test drive should be part of everyone's purchase decision.

daytona355 and deltona like this.
  4. Denny787

Denny787 Rookie

Sep 7, 2018
    Yes and no; it's true that each one of us has a different feeling but certain things are objective, Bentley's seats are the most comfortable on the planet and Ferrari's are not famous for their comfort. Having said this, I feel comfortable when I drive my GTC4 but if go for a long drive of couple of hours the firmness of seat bothers me and I had passengers telling the same thing. I did try the GTC4 before buying for couple of drives but unfortunately I'm not that kind of client that receives a car for a weekend just to test it. I think the GTC4 is a great car but not a grand tourer.

5. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #30 Caeruleus11, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    All I can tell you is I have put thousands of miles on my GTC4 in 9 months of driving- sometimes 6+ hours at a time- with no ill affects. Seat comfort was not the major reason why I traded my Bentley (2010), but I found the seats lacking in terms of comfort and support- I could never get the bolster and back just right and I found I would slide around too much in the seat.

I think the seats in the current S class are probably the best luxury type seat in any car. I think the Lusso seats are actually very good and a substantial improvement of those in my former FF.

daytona355 likes this.
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Is there a difference between the full electric and the “standard” seat. I drove one again last night. Electric seat seemed much more comfortable

7. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Electric Seats are standard on the Lusso so other than the pattern of the inserts all seats are the same.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

You’re so right about the FF seats for a GT. Extremely uncomfortable. Prefer my 488 CF sports sears for comfort even on long drives. God knows what Ferrari was thinking when designing the FF seats. I almost traded my FF for a GTC4 just because the Lusso seats were just sooo good but the trade in $$$ for a Lusso with all its depreciation wasn’t worth the call.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. Denny787

Denny787 Rookie

Sep 7, 2018
    Well, I’m quite close to trade my V8 for the new Continental V8, but in the back of my mind I’d like to have a lusso V12 with the Daytona seats for a weekend before I make the call, only thing though my dealer in Milan doesn’t have one ready to go.
    Do you guys think it’s a waist of time?

10. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    If it’s any help, I just had a S63 Cabriolet which had the best seats of any car I have driven, I thought they were much better then the continental gt’s seats. Now I have a FF with Daytona seats and find them quite comfortable. Obviously not as good as the s63 seats but more then fine for a few hours drive.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes, everyone is shaped differently, also some of us have ailments (back pain, etc).

@Denny787 I don't think its a waste of time at all. The Daytona seats might just feel different to you. It seems it's just a matter of finding a car to try it with. Are there other dealers in the area that might have one in inventory?

Btw- congratulations if you go with the Bentley, they are beautiful cars! I think you only have good choices and that is something to be happy about :)

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Wow. Disagree. FF seats much more comfortable to me than my 488. By far. And more comfortable than Lusso in general. Which Lusso seats do you mean ?

13. Agpl

Agpl Karting

Jan 15, 2013
    Worcestershire UK
    Full Name:
    John Ranson
    Daytona full electric in Lusso seems good, certainly not less comfortable than my last FF.

14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I find the FF Daytona seats to be very comfortable but could use some more head clearance. The Goldrake seats (spec’d in our other Ferraris) are slightly less comfortable for long drives but sit lower and provide superior ergonomics, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottS and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Goldrake seats in my Pista are definitely not as comfortable as the seats in my GTC4 Lusso, which are the standard Lusso seats full electric with ventilation covered in Couio Toscana option leather. In fact drove a friends Lusso with Daytona seats and found them much less comfortable than my standard Lusso seat. If you want comfort order the standard seat.

Caeruleus11 likes this.