430 - Question on Sport cats and S Line exhaust need wrapped? | FerrariChat

430 Question on Sport cats and S Line exhaust need wrapped?

Discussion in '360/430' started by FSM348, Nov 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I’ve seen quite a few people wrap aftermarket exhausts. Would the S line exhaust need wrapped with header wrap?

Also, any idea how much heat factory cats produce? I’m thinking of putting sport cats on the 430 that already has AP headers and the S Line exhaust

2. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I didn't wrap my exhaust, only my aftermarket headers. This is the reading I got with aftermarket headers with blankets and factory exhaust. I've close had it closer to 400 as well. Same temp with S-line put in, as for the exhaust itself, its hot but not 400+.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Thanks!

Keep in mind IR temp gauges don’t work on shiny surfaces. Satin or matte black surfaces are the most accurate.

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Better get ear plugs for those sport cats Dan! Plus you’ll probably have to deal with CEL issues too.

5. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Ha! I love the sound just as it is and if sport cats make it any more loud then I may just keep it as is. I’m mostly just thinking of ways to keep the engine bay as cool as possible for longevity. Heat kills... I’m sure Steve with Mase Engineering can take of the CEL though.