Do you enjoy track racing? Support the RPM Act to preserve motorsports... | FerrariChat

Do you enjoy track racing? Support the RPM Act to preserve motorsports...

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by 71Satisfaction, Nov 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you enjoy competing at the track and want to protect your ability to keep doing it, read on...

The EPA has been ruling that it is illegal to modify street cars for track racing *and* that it's illegal for manufacturers to produce parts to modify street cars for such a purpose. Their rulings have to do with emissions, but SEMA and the Motorsports industry oppose these rulings as it can severely limit or even even kills entire sectors of our motorsports hobby, especially those at the higher levels of competition.

The RPM Act is a bipartisan bill introduced that protects motorsports actors from these EPA rulings.

1.) Here is a link to SEMA's webpage on the issue.
    https://performanceracing.com/news/rpm-act-reintroduced-us-senate?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=331234&utm_campaign=PRI+October+23+Newsletter+V3N43

2.) Voice your support of the RPM Act by completing the form here (also linked at the bottom of the above SEMA page):
    https://www.votervoice.net/SEMA/campaigns/45394/respond

Thank you,
    - Art

3POINT8 likes this.
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    this has been kicking around for years now and nothing seems to ever come of it, thank god. im not worried, yet

3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i would be worried. this is where its all heading

4. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    will do and i obviously support our cause but this always comes up around sema time and then goes away. i think the aftermarket industry just gets nervous. i dont necessarily blame them either.