Just got a MB R107 280SL | FerrariChat

Just got a MB R107 280SL

Discussion in 'Other German' started by 88MONDIAL, Nov 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I had a Euro 500SL that I regret selling a few years ago, then got a 1986 560SL, but couldn't warm up completely to the big bumpers and headlights. I just picked up a 1985 Euro 280SL, got to drive it twice before the crap weather hit - got 6" of snow last week! But I am anxious to play with the cars again come April.... Just thought I'd share. These pictures were part of the ad as I wasn't able to take any good ones before putting her away for storage. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

wax likes this.
  2. JCR

JCR F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Very nice. Much better Euro than US spec.

3. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Very nice. I purchased a one owner 1989 560sl with 27,000 original miles last January. I believe the r107 is undervalued given the classic design and incredible build quality. Enjoy.

4. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Thanks, yes the build quality is quite nice. Slam the door with glass up, down, half way, doesn't matter, I swear this is no car other than the R107 that sounds as SOLID when you close them!

davidoloan likes this.
  5. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    congrats. i like these 6 cilynder beauties. i am looking at one nice 1985 280sl now for sale but only on-line visuals now. need to go see it. can i put my 6 year old in the back for a cruise to bbq and ice cream, or is it too cramped with us parents in the front seats? why do odometers from euro cars not have km. i hate the mph gauge in a euro car. guess it was a DOT thing when it was imported and federalized back in the day.

6. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    leeber - does it have the rear seat option? If not, then no I'm afraid. Yes, it depends on who imported it. They all seemed to have done the federalizations at different levels. Some have the dual sealed beamed headlights, but the small bumpers, etc... My 500SL Euro - had mph, but it had Celsius not for the temp gauge... Thanks and good luck on your search!