360 - 2004 360 - rebuilt title | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 2004 360 - rebuilt title

Discussion in '360/430' started by wheretheroadends, Nov 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I myself am talented enough to buy and repair a salvage car. I would never do it. And I usually keep my cars for many years but you almost always reach a day where resale is in the cards. So with that said choose a savage/ rebuilt car like a wife. Hope to be happy together for a long time but realize if you do part ways it's going to cost you. If you are at peace with that, then...

What is curious to me is that in one post you mention buying a clean title '02 for 80k or 90k. Not that far from the asking price for the salvage/ rebuilt title car you are considering. For me that extra bit of cash seems like money in the bank down the road as opposed to the 69k asking price of the car you are looking at. I'm sure you saw the other red '02 gated car listed on e-bay for asking price of 87.5k. IMO, that car will be certainly resell-able in the coming years--- and will make a salvage/rebuilt title gated 360 worth significantly less. Fair or not, the pecking order is low mileage well kept clean title and documented cars at the top of the market and salvage/rebuilt cars at the bottom with a significant price gap. On an unrelated note, if you are not stuck on a 3 pedal car, there are some very nice low mileage F1 cars, sorted and documented, for around 70k.

Oh and for grins, I have an old 60's pick up truck with a '98 Chevy Vortec V8 I drive regularly. Primer black with apple green pin strip scallops with a sticker in the back window: MY OTHER CAR IS A FERRARI. :D

schwoo likes this.
  2. West Point

West Point Karting

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    West Point
    I’m British, now living in the USA. It amazes me that in the USA a rebuilt car (a repaired and properly inspected salvage car) carries such a negative “don’t go near it under any circumstances ” pedigree. This is particularly so when you consider how willing insurance companies are to declare a total loss for relatively superficial damage. In this case, what appears to be front end damage to a mid-engine, rear wheel drive vehicle.

Properly repaired cars, particularly with only superficial damage, can surely be (almost) as good as new? Not for the faint-hearted, but if you know what you are looking at and you do your homework then surely there are good deals to be had.

Of course the market speaks the loudest, but if you want a Ferrari to keep (as opposed to flip or for investment) then, following all the wise words on this forum (get a PPI etc) you might very well pick up an extremely inexpensive car that will impress, perform, turn heads and give you that unavoidable Ferrari smile just as much as the full price “clean” version?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    >> Properly repaired cars, particularly with only superficial damage, can surely be (almost) as good as new?

And there's the rub...

In the US, anyone can open a body shop and start repairing cars the next day. All they need are customers. No accreditation. No training. No financial backing. No insurance. So when a car has a rebuilt/salvage title, it's going to be highly suspect and the proof of a quality repair falls squarely on the current owner. If they don't have (literally) perfect documentation showing EVERYTHING that has been done to bring the car back from the dead, it should be considered dead.

And then you have people like the guy on YouTube who is rebuilding the green 360 Spider. He's butchering the heck out of the car and eventually, he'll sell it. That's probably more common than being rebuilt by a high quality and respected outfit. It's far cheaper and a lot safer to avoid these derelicts and buy a car with a clean title and good historical documentation.

KC360 FL likes this.
  4. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Rebuilt title , car sitting "or standing" in a garage for 10 years and they are asking $69k ????

......and the members here criticize me for the asking price on my car o_Oo_Oo_O

Gumart1 and EastMemphis like this.
  5. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Whatever happened to it, it took 10 years to put it back together. Carfax shows zero movement for this time. "Totaled by an Arab car dealer" in the other thread about this car does not sound like "totaled because of parts being stolen" the current seller is saying on ebay. Something is really wrong. Sad. Pretty car.

6. wheretheroadends

May 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Payman Nia
    OMG, I think I need half a day and a cup of coffee just to read and keep everything straight. Thank you all for the posts and hope I can make some sense out of all this.

7. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    I haven't read all the responses. This is too much for a rebuilt title.

8. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Or you could buy mine for $69k :D

....and get 10x the performance thrills than an OEM 360 .

9. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    If it sat that long the heat exchanger is probably on it's way out, not to mention damn near every seal and god knows what. Considering the mileage and specs I think mid 50s would be fair, but that is about it due to the title. Hell, for a little more than they are asking you can get a clean title gated. I'd stay clear of this one because I see it being nothing but problems.

KC360 FL, Apollo 11 and brookliner7 like this.
  10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I think it's more of a reflection of modified vs. an unmodified car. But of course, a salvage/rebuilt title 360 as well as a highly modified one is not one I would personally consider owning. And to be honest, I would consider a salvage/rebuilt 360 as "modified"-- but not in a good way as with your car.

BAD430BENZ likes this.