512 at Bonhams | FerrariChat

512 at Bonhams

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Longstone Tyres, Nov 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    ronc52 and colombo2cam like this.
  2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Rear bodywork has been widened if that helps. Has the factory rears on the front and aftermarket (Im guessing) 11" on the rear.

ChipG likes this.
  3. 1RedHead

1RedHead Rookie

Sep 2, 2019
    Mexico City / NC USA
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    That is a great looking 512!

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    9 inch?
    same as my BB koenig has

my rear 11 inch are aftermarket, no ferrari sign on and also no producer company. inside only producing date: 5.77

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what tires are better for the BB 512 with the size back 345/35 R 15:
    pirelli cinturato P7 or P zero asimmetrico?

or are there other manufacturers producing those sizes?

6. Guegangster

Guegangster Karting

Apr 24, 2014
    France
    Full Name:
    Julien Guegan
    Same tires I have on my BBi

7. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    I would say a P7 would suit the chassis better

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1949/s/345-35zr15-pirelli-cinturato-p7/category/9287/

I would suggest this thread is very long https://www.lamborghinichat.com/forum/threads/countach-tires-does-anyone-care.508651/ but you will get all the answers you are after from it.

here are the opptions in that size https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/345-35-15.html

If you want something really wild you will like these https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/345-35-15/29-61-15-michelin-tb5r.html

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #8 turbo-joe, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    on this page there is the size 335 ( not 345 ) / 35 W 15

why you list the size 335 under the title 345?

is this tire street legal? can not use it because this size is not standing in my papers and no TUEV here in germany will do this.

the price for the asimmetrico seems to me very high. can get those here incl. sales tax for under 700,- €
    you are sure with your price?

I sent you a PM yesterday also

the countach is a complete different car and can not be compared with the BB.
    so again here my question to the members:
    what tire is for better handling ( so no town traffic, only nice curvy roads between 70 and 180 km/h and dry weather ) on the BB?
    P 7 or P zero asimmetrico

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #9 miurasv, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Is this 512BB chassis number 19885 as discussed here?

The UK licence plate should have an R suffix, not a P as in the case of OBU 883P.

A 512 Boxer does not look right a P plate. The model was not introduced until October, 1976 at the Paris Salon. UK registrations at that time had an R suffix.

10. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Because it is such an unusual size there was nothing else before the P7 became available. so we were glad to be able to offer something. And for the Porsche and Lancia Stratos that fit them, they didn't care. they were only fitting the P-Zero, because the P7 werent available for the road and the TB wasn't avaialble for Rallys.

Yep. They are a Tarmac Rally tyre. https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/vintage-tyres/michelin-classic-tyres.html and they are amazing. The grip is staggering. I raced on them and they were too good for me to get the best out of.

Germany has very strict rules. However if you need help with this in Germany these guys are great https://www.oldtimerreifen24.de/en/oxid-oxid-5/345-35VR15-95Y-Pirelli-P7.html?listtype=search&searchparam=345%2F35r15 and they are the German distributers of the Pirelli Collezione range.

I have managed to keep the price of the P7 down. i think they are incredibly cheap. I should buy some quick. I think the price will have to go up a lot in the very near future. (that sounds like a sales pitch, but when you check out their competitors you will see i am right. They are really good value)

11. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Here it is during press car duties.

Black and white image is from Autocar magazine, September 1977. Ray Hutton and Andrew Shanks in the picture (photo by Peter Cramer). The 400 Automatic pictured is/n 20093.

Also below for posterity, the front covers of Autocar, 9 Apr 1977 and CAR, Jan 1977.

-Ed

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Car magazine’s design was so ahead of its time. Great cover. Striking even now.
    That only ended in the early 2000s with the decline of the automotive magazine era.

14. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Correctme if i'm wrong, but i think hard copy car magazine sales have bounced back a little since 2008 ish. i think when we had a bit of a depression sales fell quite dramatically, but now people have realised they quite like haveing an actual magazine to read o the train, plane or bog.

15. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #15 miurasv, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    RHD 512BB 19885 sold yesterday by Collecting Cars Auctions in the UK for £115,500. See here.

Someone got a bargain!!!

turbo-joe and christc like this.
  16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    x-mas gift I would say

MOSS and miurasv like this.