Sold - 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Shamile, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I see it was at European Exotic Center and that's right down the road from me. Any thoughts on using them for regular services? How did they do for you?

Shamile likes this.
  2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Haha!

That's 72,000 miles and I put on the extras that everyone secretly wishes for their Testarossa ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bradwilliams and Jakuzzi like this.
  3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I highly recommend them. Gabe who owns the shop, was the head tech at Ferrari of Central Florida. He worked on my car back then and when he went on his own, he still services my Testarossa to this day.

No slap dash work and if you want thinks done right, he's the one you want working on your Ferrari.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Cigarzman, Jakuzzi and Dean Palmer like this.
  4. basscapital

basscapital Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alan Bass
    I'll up that offer by $10,000

Jakuzzi and Shamile like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

No matter what u do, do not put that car on bat; I honestly think it won’t top 70k there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamile likes this.
  6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Nah, BAT is definitely not the way to go for these cars. You can't go by price and spec. At this age of vehicle, it's condition, maintenance and reputation of ownership. As far as 70k, I've not even seen a basket case go for that low.

When I sold my Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster, it was known how I kept it and the concours wins it had.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I'll up YOUR offer by $14.95 and the cannonball I and II run DVDs [For the Lambos...] ;)

Shamile likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Any luck yet ?

Shamile likes this.
  9. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    So tempted to over-extend myself and live on ramen noodles for a year to buy this car!!!!!!!!!

BOKE and Shamile like this.
  10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    No, nothing yet. It really shows that you can have a top condition, well maintained and concours winning car but the miles are the only factor.
    Oh well, always knew it was a factor but never believed that it was the only thing that counts lol

Since it's not a necessary sale, I'll keep it listed and just use it as normal. The Aventador Roadster is common as dirt, so no rush there. Right now, it's in for a new rear wheel bearing and front upper ball joint.
    When it comes back, it will be prepped for a concours coming up in late December at the Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes in Orlando.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

ScottS and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Definitely worth it ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

12. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Would it happen to be over here in Clearwater at European Exotic? Would love to get a look at it in person :)

Shamile likes this.
  13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes, it's there right now! Gabe, the owner has serviced my Testarossa since he was the head tech at Central Florida Ferrari.

He just did the full major service in February 2018. Be my guest and ask him anything about the car. He'll give you a very in depth answer.

If you go see it, you'll notice the speedometer missing. Don't worry about that, North Hollywood Speedometer took too long to send it back before I had to send the car in to keep my appointment slot.
    When it comes back, the speedo goes back in. It just had a bouncing issue.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE and Dean Palmer like this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you shld do it - you dont have much downside and you can buy with confidence as its been in the family...dont let this one go....

BOKE, arizonaitalian and Shamile like this.
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Natkingcolebasket69 and BOKE like this.
  16. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Would this be the December 15th Festivals of Speed event for those who might want to get a look at the car, and others? ;-)

Shamile likes this.
  17. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Somebody needs to jump on @Shamile 's car. This has to be the nicest, well-sorted TR you can buy for next to nothing. This is chump change for a well-sorted TR!!!

groove1 and Shamile like this.
  18. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes, it is!
    But....I still haven't gotten the car back from Gabe in Clearwater yet.
    I had another issue looked at as I wasn't getting enough heat...I know I know...I live in Florida. I just noticed over time it was diminishing. So..,"while we're in there" I had it looked at.
    Just a deteriorating hose that's disintegrating from the inside and blocking the hot coolant flow. I have a hose on order.
    That won't stop me from going but I don't think I can get the car fully detailed in 15 days...so, I may pass. I'll definitely be in the St. Petersburg Festival of Speed in January ( moved up from April)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE likes this.
  19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks for the kind words. As per the valuation thread, I have proven that a 1991 Testarossa ( last year) in concours condition, maintenance up to date including a fresh major service but high miles is a deal killer for most. At the end of the day, it seems that the only thing that matters is miles.

Given that, I can always lower the price to meet the market...but what...75k? 70k? 68k? At that point, I might as well leave it in the garage and consider it a long term commodity risk asset. I will continue the sale but as a firm believer in the free market, it's not in my favor at this time.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Thecadster and BOKE like this.
  20. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I look at cars before the price or miles. Your car presents so much better than most TRs of that vintage. Everything is completely documented. The car needs nothing.

I don't get it beyond people being hung up on the mileage. I guess they can find a lower mileage car for the same money, and they can drop the $30K-$50K to make it as nice a car as yours is. We both know that never happens. I buy cars, not stories or Internet myths. Your car is the bomb as far as I am concerned.

I have been tracking a number of for-sale cars over the past year. Your car is a bargain as a driver, let alone a car you can bring to a show. I don't get it. If it were a 91 Porsche 911 from that period, it would be a low to average mileage car. It would have also sold a lot quicker.

The market is always in flux. There is no way that I would drop the price on your car. What do you think a guy like you that has knowledge of TRs would have to spend to replace your car???

Shamile likes this.
  21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Again, thanks for the kind words. This is exactly why I explained why I won't drop the price.
    I would like to see anyone find a Testarossa in that condition for that price. I'm not pumping up my car but when I go to the shows, I look to other cars to see what I may have missed and how I can improve mine.
    Now, could a lower miles car be in better condition with lower deterioration...sure, how much would you like to pay?

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE likes this.
  22. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I have original Steering Wheel, just need the matching TR.

DeathLlama, Jakuzzi and Shamile like this.
  23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Since I still have my original steering wheel on closet shelf, it looks like the value of my Testarossa is $ 15,000.00 understated....what a bargain!

Thanks for mentioning the current value of an original " Enzo must have had his hands on it" Testarossa steering wheel ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Jakuzzi and BOKE like this.
  24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The question is what would you pay???:D