Guess what I need? More photos.. signal / wiper stalk! | FerrariChat

Guess what I need? More photos.. signal / wiper stalk!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by james.colangelo, Nov 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. james.colangelo

james.colangelo Karting

Jan 28, 2008
    Detroit, MI USA
    Full Name:
    James Colangelo
    .. am I annoying you yet? I promise, this is all for good reason and the greater good of our community!

I need photos of headlight stalk, turn signal etc.. controls that still have at least some or most of their print left on them (the white painted print).

I'm working on getting this re-created for us - BUT - Mine is completely worn away. The embossed parts are still there but even then, barely.

A good, clean shot of all markings is KEY - As I'm having these made into decals at precise drawing and measurements - which will be available to all.

My stalks are currently being shipped to Verell for repair btw!

Jim

Il Tifoso likes this.
  2. james.colangelo

james.colangelo Karting

Jan 28, 2008
    Detroit, MI USA
    Full Name:
    James Colangelo
    OH, and this is for the 1983 400i not the earlier 308 style ones with the chrome handles - the more "modern" (uglier) ones.

3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
  4. james.colangelo

james.colangelo Karting

Jan 28, 2008
    Detroit, MI USA
    Full Name:
    James Colangelo
    These couldn’t possibly be better. Thank you so so much.

Jim

Ak Jim and Il Tifoso like this.
  5. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    The (£675 !) Testarossa Steering Devio switch looks pretty similar, at least the plastic bits are a close match to our switch. Maybe superformance.co.uk would be likely to sell the plastic bits alone?

The same goes for the Lancia beta switch: the internals are different, but the plastic bits can be salvaged in order to rebuild our switch.

These switches are a pain as people do not know how to use them and just destroy them when they attempt to activate the flashing relays. Identifying a reliable source for the triangular plastic bit that holds the lever would be a great contribution.

As far as the white markings are concerned, maybe you can go to a knife shop (sorry for the poor wording). In Switzerland for instance you can have your own markings engraved and painted on the swiss army knifes (the paint won't fade if the knife is "carved" first). They just have a small milling machine that does the job.

6. james.colangelo

james.colangelo Karting

Jan 28, 2008
    Detroit, MI USA
    Full Name:
    James Colangelo
    Interesting, I found a Lancia Beta switch on eBay and it does look very similar that's good to know. Regarding the paint / decals, the person I have found will be able to re--create them so I can re-apply to the stalks, and then I'll put a nice low sheen / no sheen clear coat on top of them so they don't wear off again.

These pictures are very valuable - Once I get my stalks back from Unobtanium, I can take measurements for scale and send them along to the fellow who is doing the design / print work.

Jim