Classic car market -especially high end cars- under pressure by future EV transfer? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Classic car market -especially high end cars- under pressure by future EV transfer?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by 275gtb6c, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I sure hope so!! Plastic straws for everyone!!!

2. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    If it happens, buy the cheapest EV available, I'm talking Point A to Point B.

and save money for ICE. I'd be willing to pool together to fund the building of race tracks all around and trailer my car to the track every weekend.

3. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I saw a 65 Vette on BAT recently & everyone was surprised that it bid to 46K for a 327 L76
    The 68-72 Chrome Bumper Vettes are rising in Value
    Ferrari 355's appear to be on the rise from recent Auctioms I've followed.

I think going all EV could possibly increase interest as it would be interesting to someone growing up in an EV only Era. I didn't grow up driving a stick, I gained interest in it later in life. This EV generation could use there EV for everyday transport & have a Classisc Ferrari that they go to Car Shows with. It could possibly make a increase in interest as people grow up not knowing these were a thing, look at the boom in Vinyl Records just recently for instance.

4. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If the Armageddon takes place, Carl is one of the people I include as “the most likely to survive Armageddon “ people but until that happens, I don’t think any of us are going to be putting a stil in our back yard. Even bottled water is more expensive than gasoline.

.000001% of the population use horses. Almost NOBODY collect/use horse carriages except the Amish so IMO, sadly, the combustion engine will retire along with Manly pursuits around it and most cars and the way of life will disappear.

I believe that special cars will be converted to new tech in order to squeeze the last drops of nostalgia out of them from a dying breed (us). The manly men like who experience that “perfect shift”, exihilarating engine screams, bone chilling lap time, pride from washing/fixing/improving our cars, will be gone.

And in the end, people (unisex) will be shunted around in driverless pods, with their heads into their Augmented reality devices to their therapists. Having no idea why the feel they have no purpose.