What Ferrari Could i be looking at ?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What Ferrari Could i be looking at ??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Blonby1970, Oct 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Lots of good advice here, and they're all pointing in the right direction. It sounds like more research is needed to understand the differences in the models before pulling the trigger. If you go 348 or 355, the maintenance costs will be higher, which sounds like a big concern. Once you get to the 360, the "major" (every 3 year) maintenance starts to get more reasonably priced. With a convertible, you're rolling the dice on another expensive item that can break. I think the "safest" bets under $100k are the 360/430 coupes. Just realize that you should probably keep $10k squirreled away somewhere in case a big problem comes along.

I had many of the same concerns that you did, and probably the same outlook. Always wanted an exotic. Finally got to where I could afford to buy it, but a little concerned about the repairs and maintenance. I bought a 360 and don't regret it. IF I find it's too expensive, I can sell it and get a reasonable amount of my money back, then go buy something more reliable.

You probably need to test drive some candidate cars - including Corvettes and whatever. After driving a friends 2018 Z06, I was so glad I bought the Ferrari. His car is faster on paper - and maybe in real life - but I feel so much more a part of the driving experience with the Ferrari. It was the right car for me.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    sorry I missed the "convertible" part in the opening post.

I would go California if wanting the best performing and modern.

I would go Mondial Cab if looking for the most classic or 2+2.

I would go 348-430 Spider if looking for something in-between and edgier performance wise (California will still beat all, but you will feel it more with these).

daytona355 likes this.
  3. Capri335

Capri335 Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Grindelwald, Tasmania. (Australia)
    Full Name:
    John
    Mondial T's are also a good buy. 348 engine and box, but at a lower price. They are pretty rare, available as a Cabriolet, and I think set to soar. The cabs seem to have some issues with the roof and seals, and of course the electrics are a bit woeful, but if you can be a bit hands on they aren't expensive. Engine out for belts. Find a good local mechanic or learn to DIY.