Cam Wheel Options for 308 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cam Wheel Options for 308 ?

Discussion in '308/328' started by FiatRN, Mar 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Probably true.

2. Corsa308

Corsa308 Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve D
    I just bought a set of the cam pulleys from Superformance. They are about $820 usd.
    I was very keen on Nicks pulleys as designed by the guys here on F-Chat, but it was down to budget for me.
    $2000 against $800.
    The ones from Superformance are every good, look great quality and the fit was just perfect.
    I'd certainly recommend them if the price is right for you.

Steve

Jagerocks likes this.
  3. Jagerocks

Jagerocks Karting

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Do the cam gears just come off after unbolting.... I'm using the same maple.wood clamp setup as birdman used...just do t want the gears to spin.
    Also anyone know torque specs.
    Cheers

4. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Jason, you need to do the bare minimum of work yourself. As I said in my PM to you yesterday, google Ferrari 308 workshop manual. I just checked and the fourth link was a pdf for the manual with the torque specs.

5. Jagerocks

Jagerocks Karting

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I finally found a topic on specs. and a shop manual online, but online didnt say much detail about gear re & re. ill keep searching. cheers.

6. Jagerocks

Jagerocks Karting

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Great thanks for the feedback, those are the ones i wanted to order.
    good to hear they fit. Did you just hold the camshaft with a 34mm wrench while undoing the cam gears and re torque.

7. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Yes, if you can get a good grip on the flats behind the pulleys use a rattle gun to remove and torque wrench to tighten. Ensure the wrench doesn’t rotate and damage anything (you or the car :)

My adjustable 6 HTD pulleys (4 cam pulleys, 2 lower drive) are $630 and 4 adjustable original cam pulleys $350.

8. Jagerocks

Jagerocks Karting

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    JASON
    keep it in mind