Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 67 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't know...just depends on what you like. Logic would follow what you say, but then how do you argue against those who want a 288 GTO or F50 and prefers to get one of those over say an Enzo or something newer? Gated LP-640s are higher than Aventador SV price range. Just down to supply and demand and which pulls on your heard strings.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally different dynamic - but the market will vote

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I dunno....458 is a beauty but a completely different type of owner. You can be an Owner/Driver/Mechanic with the 360. The 458 is an Owner/Driver only proposition...for most. The 360 is aging nicely too....almost vintage looking! Once we get there, watch out!

Dewinator likes this.
  4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
  5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Fairly light on options with this one.. standard seats, no rear challenge grill, standard wheels, etc. Nice car but priced high IMO

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's the same as it always was. High mileage 360 is priced at what collector quality 348. Collector quality 360 in stick is priced at high mileage 458 levels.

What people will pay is up to them. High mileage 458's with a story will be sub $100k soon enough... Will the same mileage car be priced equivalent to the 360, 430, 355 or 348? Probably not. We almost never see identical models of modern Ferrari's going for the same pricing, for same condition, miles, etc

It's variable though. Rosso corsa cars with low miles, sport seats, 3-pedals, in near original condition always seem to get top dollar compared to the more exotic color combinations.

8. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    The current 20 & 30 somethings do not know how to drive a stick.... none of them. They also don’t care about cars. There is NO future audience. What will hold this (and any other vintage car) market up in 20 years?

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  9. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    This is so accurate, I'm in my 30's and have owned a 360 stick for alittle over a year. Wouldn't you know it, I have no idea how to make it move, could somebody please tell me what the 3rd pedal is?! There are only supposed to be 2.

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Supply and demand.

supply
    They don’t make any more stick f cars
    They made few stick 360’s
    Attrition of stick 360’s is going on

demand
    As long as people w money see value in a scarce item it will have value... with a potential higher upside tbd
    If there is a resurgence in more analog driving experience when all the whiz bang digital cars get written off in 10-15 yrs due to planned obsolescence.....

11. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Oh, ok. I guess that’s that.

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Have you been to a Cars and Coffee lately? Because on Saturday I guess that I should have told all the 20 somethings in their Evo's, BMW's, and WRX's that they should immediately trade their cars in for automatics.
    It's not dead in "car guys". Who BTW.. are the people that become Ferrari owners in the future.

13. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I pondered this also MANY posts ago! I think there is no way to predict what will happen to the vintage car market. I just cant get over the prices Porsches are bringing now days.

I just read an article about Swiss watches and the global economy. They have increased prices drastically and limited or reduced production. They are making more money than ever even though they cant keep time as accurate as an iPhone. Its NOT about time, its about status.

MalcQV likes this.
  14. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
  15. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
  16. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My daughter drove my 360 on the track when she was 19yo. She did trade-in her MT Mini for a Mazda with AT. My 19yo son drives his FRS on the track. Hope he doesn't forget how to drive a manual next yr, or lose interest in driving cars.

17. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
  18. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I've been looking into getting the parts for a manual conversion so that if F1 Modenas drop into the $30's in the future I might pick one up and convert it to a stick...

I hate to tell you guys.. the parts are no longer available to convert F1 cars to stick unless you fabricate them. NLA baby!

19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    There is a little shop in San Antonio that can pop them out from cad files. But no more f brand parts.

20. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Same. I bought my gated 360 3 years ago but haven't driven it once. Have to wait till next year when I turn 40. Same with my other 4 stickshifts.

ml65, hardtop and Some Guy in the sky like this.
  21. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    F1 Modenas dropping to $30? lol..talk about wishful thinking

22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Never say never.. :) They sell their luxury goods first. Campers, RV's, Boats, and red sports cars...

23. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    ok you spend the next 10 years collecting parts and waiting for your $30,000 F1 trans Modena, maybe it will happen, good luck...for now i'll enjoy mine for what i paid for it (manual gated)

kes7u and vrsurgeon like this.
  24. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think he is enjoying his as well, while waiting for the opportunity to own ANOTHER!!!

Kevin

Robb and vrsurgeon like this.
  25. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Your car is quite a different one from the bare spec you linked.

Buyers will pay more for rarity and special spec.

But in the meantime - drive a lot and enjoy.

Robb

MalcQV likes this.