599 HGTE retrofit values versus factory fit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 HGTE retrofit values versus factory fit

Discussion in '612/599' started by 599_GTO, Jul 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Mate if you do not have the Handling GTE Seats it is not an original HGTE those seats are lighter made in carbon same specs as the GTO only the leather design & finishing is different from 599 GTO ... You can ask anywhere... They weight the same made in carbon same as GTO

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jorge- Not true, the HGTEs were available with whatever seats the client wanted. Only way to tell is to look at a build sheet or option sheet to see what was originally ordered.

jorge da cruz likes this.
  3. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Hi Tazandjan

I was also only aware this summer in Madrid at the service garage when mechanics were taking photos of my car and sending them to Maranelo Design center as it is one car MADE BY THEM not an order the car was originally sent to the Madrid Comercial Director and it is simply gorgeous ... To Check if my car was the one that design in 2011 they asked that from the mechanics PICTURES FROM THE FRONT GRILL !?!?!
    Seats I also was informed that since November 2009 on that the HGTEs From 2009 - on Had sure the seats marked "Handling GTE" as they were less heavy seats than GTB Fiorano ...

Second the Front Grill HGTEs have a different Front grill also LESS HEAVY than the GTB Fiorano models "less row blades"

See attached pictures of Front GTB Fiorano Front Grill and HGTE Front Grill ... Also HGTEs can order one "mesh" GTO style type front grill wictc will fit on original bumper button on GTB Fiorano Bumper Order form sucederiacarparts ( the less expensive Grill available)
    HGTE is less heavy very expensive one and deferent alloy also has less "baldes on it" Ferrari Guys search and look for this detail first than any other one when checking if it is an ORIGINAL HGTE or not ...

Also see pictures my car at Maseratti Madrid for service this September ... the stripes are an original item from design center in Maranello an option on the appertas but only 5 cars 599 were made with those grey stripes on the car ... Appertas 03 one in California second in Brunei the 3 ??? They think is lost due to an accident that third appertains with stripes and 02 HGTE ( only two) mine and other for Russia..

Look at my HGTE (stripes) and the interior details and colors of ac vent buttons etc all done originally at the Maranello design center just to cause emotions on clients for an test drive (car was from Madrid comercial department ), clients never order such combinations coffee tan red carbon interior as they said to me sadly choose black grey trims mostly
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    OK if you say so ... I respect .... Tazandjan I only tell what I heard from Ferrari mechanics they are not the car designers ...
    I heard that up to NOV 2009 you could order the HGTEs with pentagram wheels and not "Handling GTE" embroiled in seat but seats were always different (carbon structure) and less heavy as made in carbon as GTO Seats but different ones upoldhstery different from the GTO and even other things I do not know But HGTE Seats are if less heavy than GTB Fioranno .
    But sure they are not 100% the same weight as GTO. The GTO Seats are even lighter than HGTE Seats...

5. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    SonomaRik likes this.
  6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jorge- One of our FChatters did not like the HGTE seats and ordered Daytona seats instead. That is the only reason I knew they were available. There is a thread here somewhere on his HGTE.

7. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    My factory HGTE was spec’d without the alcantara inserts on the seats, but leather. I’ve seen them spec’d without the stitching in the seats as well.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bill- I am not too fond of alcantara either, but I like the stitching.

Potenza430 and jorge da cruz like this.
  9. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    My '11 599 with factory HGTE has the full CF seat backs and Alcantara/Beige leather seat combo, but the "Handling GTE" was a 'delete' option so it does not have the embroidered words; only the embroidered Cavallino Rampante logos. Likewise, my tach face is not in standard 'white' but in optional 'yellow'.

As I had mentioned in a past post, there were selectable options on the purchase order form to add, delete or change certain features on factory HGTE models per customer preference. That's a fact!

Jorge amigo, esa es la verdad. Por cierto, su auto se ve lindo y único!

I have both the original window sticker and the manufacturing build sheet to prove my 599 is an original factory HGTE even though some features were changed or deleted.

SonomaRik likes this.
  10. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    #35 jorge da cruz, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Hi Da Butcher

All Ok if is an HGTE has to have the CB seats

I Did not Knew that the stitching.and enbroidment was possible to delete ...
    Alcantara is also standard on HGTE ( less heavy) another secret the rear cavallino rampante symbol on te rear truck is less heavy also and "non shinning" mate black or mate silver on Original HGTE...
    I was not aware of those secrets only this summer when I showed up with my car on the Santogal Madrid Dealer to pick up service parts and take the car to Maserati Service where is now their best mechanic ever in Spain PABLO Wich happens to be my friend I made questions about it and they started communicating with the factory guys so I got aware that HGTEs the "original ones" are very important buys and Ferrari "follows" them ...
    They said there were only around 200- 216 of them produced and factory follows them discreetly even if the late 209 on HGTE had their better improvements and were even less "heavy" the the late 2007-2008 ones... The best ones done were the "Fernando Alonso" Versions ...
    It is a matter of less weight and reprograming of gearbox + engine software and car software ...

BUT Kilos are the main matter on HGTEs (Mechanic Words) and Production Guys look after them because they had to follow a lot of steps differently then the GTB production ...

Just Bought mine by Hazzard my Friend Pablo told me the car was almost new with 11 000 Kilm when sold and as new...

If you have one Original don't sell it !!! In Europe only Ferrari Guys Dealers etc cares about the HGTEs and "follow" who owns (where they are how they are cared/serviced) But they are not so much expensive then the GTB ... Only a handfull of people knows about their value... For the moment as I "feel"

11. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Mate

I Just do not comment such thing ....

12. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    WHAT Year ??? Late one 2009-2010 or first production ones ???
    Pentagram Wheels???

13. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Mine is a 2010 with the factory HGTE package. Just no alcantara inserts on the seats, or steering wheel.

14. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Yess I've seen some like that no Alcântara no enbroidment and pentagram wheels but only 2007 - 2008.. Ok Note in Europe they just don't care so much about HGTEs only Ferrari people working at dealers I do not know what is the reason they just "follow" those cars I felt that lately at last service...

15. Konsti89

Konsti89 Rookie

Mar 11, 2021
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    KT
    Hi guys
    Found this old thread which pretty much deals with my current situation. Judging from where we were in 2019, factory HGTEs seem to considerable more expensive (and harder to find as well) - range from 200-220k EUR?
    Having said the only one currently I found in Europe (which coincidently is pretty much in the colour combination Im looking for) is this one:
    https://preowned.ferrari.com/en-GB/a/europe/used-ferrari/denmark/formula-automobile/599-gtb-fiorano/ZFFFD60B000171910-1696852819157
    ant thoughts? Probably a bit on the expensive side, however Ferrari dealer and I guess factory HGTEs in desired colour combination pretty rare btw now…

16. Konsti89

Konsti89 Rookie

Mar 11, 2021
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    KT
  17. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    this car was for sale in June 2022 with less kilometres for 166.599 € in Germany ! You woke up too late :(
    If you are in Paris, the cheapest one is at 209.000 but G. Silverstone. 200/220 is definitely too much for an Hgte but the offer is very rare these days. I remind you the extra cost of an Hgte compared to "normal" Gtb was 21.349 € !

18. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    if bought at listed price (£115,000) it reaches 152k after taxes and 176k € after exchange, still cheaper than the german/danish one but combo not so nice ( and extra expenses to bring car in Fr)