2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 78 | FerrariChat

2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    This article contradicts itself: on one side it says that there was no drop-off from the tires and that there was no possibility to get within 1.5 seconds of the one in front and on the other side it praises Lewis for managing those tires and defending the lead...that does not add up, it is either "masterclass" or simply track position given by the team strategists and the lack of tire drop-off that got him over the additional laps. It can´t be both...

daytona355 and Igor Ound like this.
  2. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lewis drove well and deserved the win, but as usual his constant whining was nauseating.

Ferrari threw away what should have a been a win for either driver.

Rosey likes this.
  3. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yep Ferrari snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again!!
    I don't know how they do this so consistently, but damn they're good at it :rolleyes:

Rosey and Steve355F1 like this.
  4. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    About time for some Benny Hill music.....

Its328 likes this.
  5. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Mate if you didn't laugh you'd cry!!
    I'd love to know what goes on in the de-brief lol
    Something like "well we ****ed that one boys, but don't worry we still have a few more to **** up"

6. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Moretti for team principal?

Red trackie dacks?

OMG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gizzi and Its328 like this.
  7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

G'day Peter. Welcome to the asylum.

You are correct in your post, of course.

P.Singhof likes this.
  8. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Speak for yourself nutbag!

9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    US GP this weekend.

1st Free practice Sat 2 Nov 04:00 - 05:30
    2nd Free practice Sat 2 Nov 08:00 - 09:30
    3rd Free practice Sun 3 Nov 06:00 - 07:00
    1st Qualifying Sun 3 Nov 09:00 - 09:18
    2nd Qualifying Sun 3 Nov 09:25 - 09:40
    3rd Qualifying Sun 3 Nov 09:48 - 10:00
    Race Mon 4 Nov 06:10 - 08:10

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Formula 1 world champions Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel race differently against Red Bull driver Max Verstappen, with Hamilton saying crashes are likely if you do not "leave extra space".

Hamilton and Verstappen came together on the opening lap of the Mexican Grand Prix, with Hamilton oversteering at Turn 2 and edging both drivers off the track and onto the grass.

Five laps into the race, Verstappen then made a lunge into the stadium section on Hamilton's team-mate Valtteri Bottas, but he was hit in the right-rear by Bottas after the latter tried to cut back onto the racing line.

Despite Verstappen not appearing to be at fault for either of those incidents, Verstappen's driving was brought up in the post-race press conference.

Hamilton, Vettel and Bottas were quizzed on whether they give Verstappen extra room and if he is the most aggressive driver on the grid.

"Yeah, I think every driver is slightly different," said Hamilton. "Some are smarter; some are very smart, aggressive, and some are silly with it.

"And so, through those experiences of racing with people, you give some more space, and others you don't have to. They're quite respectful.

"But yeah, Max, it's very likely you're going to come together with Max if you don't give him extra space, so most of the time you do.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"But as I said, in my experience, I didn't have a lot of space to give him extra space [in the incident at Turn 2].

"But I don't think it was intentional or anything like that.

"He's a magnet for those kinds of things, but yeah, nonetheless, I managed to keep the car together and in a straight line, fortunately."
    When Vettel was asked if he treated Verstappen differently and if the Red Bull driver was the most aggressive in the field, he said: "Yes and yes!"

Asked to expand, Vettel said: "No, just copy-paste [Hamilton's answer]. It's true."

Bottas, describing the incident in the stadium, said that Verstappen had "earned his own puncture" in answer to the same question.

"Yeah, for me, just out of nowhere he appeared on the inside into Turn 13 and I couldn't disappear from there," added Bottas. "He just dived in and we touched.

"He got a puncture from that. I couldn't really avoid him, so I think he earned his own puncture, definitely.

"But, I don't know, every driver is obviously different. Some are more aggressive, some are less.

"I haven't raced very closely for some time with all of them, so I can't say in detail for all the drivers."

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Bloody hilarious when we hear a **** like Elton complaining about lil Maxine, when we watched Elton smash his way into and past Nico for 3 years, and previously he seemed attached to massa every bloody race - the guy is a maniac on track if he hasn’t got the car or the track position over his teammate, but to listen to him, Max is the devil..... tit

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't think that highly of him :p

daytona355 and Its328 like this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I was being polite! He’s a complete and utter ****ing wanker, a ****ty little ******* with half a brain and the common sense of a goldfish. Total prick

now I feel like an Aussie..... saying what I mean feels good

14. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That’s a bit harsh, we just tell Moretti he’s **** at tyre pressures.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

daytona355 likes this.
  15. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott

Hey Sid, since it appears the Aussies have allowed a Brit like (you) can I hang here? I hope this is the Troll free zone and to all the Aussies, I did not come here to bash Aussies, unlike some who hang in the F1 forum for the sole purpose of bashing Tifosi. :)

daytona355 likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hey man, how ya doing? Yeah, they tolerate me here, and as long as you have a thick skin, they are a great bunch! Aside from moretti that is, he’s a nitemare! Hehe

I no longer have access to the f1 section, I dared to question the mods in public using their own written rules to prove MY point, and pop, out I go. I’m a terrible influence, I ‘weaponise’ the reporting system (not sure how, any report I make is always rejected anyway), refuse to pray to lord god Elton, and frankly am a horrible tifosi bastard that expects people not to bash ferrari on this supposedly generic car website.... you can’t make this up any weirder than it is

still, here the guys are happy to have a laugh and a joke, they can hurl an insult and take one too, and generally have a much more relaxed view of life in general....I can get on board with it easy. Oh, and most importantly, I struggle to find an ugly bird in the whole of Australia, they all look like holly Vallance or Kylie Minogue..... and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with either. (Yeah yeah, I’m showing my age, there are younger birds than them in Aus, but I can’t name a single one off the top of my head)

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  18. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks moretti.

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    good god he bangs on about his favorite driver...... where is the insight. Half of fchat said the same stuff on Sunday afternoon

20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Well Scott, you are only allowed to say nice things here ..... we never bash anyone and we are politically correct .... unless ya a Yank in which case you can FOx355 :p

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Isn't he a discredited F1 something or other ?

daytona355 likes this.
  22. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Right now, if toro rosso tag me into the 2020 championship, I win that.

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John