Attending the 24 hrs of Nurburgring | FerrariChat

Attending the 24 hrs of Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by willwork04, Oct 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    3 of my friends and I are looking to attend the 24 hrs of the Ring next year. We are trying to figure out logistics and where to stay. Does anyone have any insight?

We attended Le Mans a few years back and we were able to pay for a hospitality area that already had tent set up w/ air mattresses and sleeping bags. That was fantastic as 3 of us are coming from the states, and 1 is coming from London.

We can't find anything like that at the ring (pre-set up camping). Do we just need to do a hotel? What hotel would you recommend? I would appreciate any help on this!!

Thank you!

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There are tons of hotels and guest houses around the Ring and it is very affordable, just look online and book months in advance due to the affluence for that event.

3. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Most of the lodging nearby is booked well in advance, but there are small places around with a few rooms here and there. It takes a little work to find them but don't skip the usual booking.com and Airbnb type websites. We always book far, far in advance. Nicer places are booked by teams and VLN teams in particular who are regular customers. You will likely pay for proximity to the track. Camping is an adventure. Most of the camping right next to the track fencing is taken by the same people who have the same spots each year. Here's an option - Travel Destinations is more well known for LeMans logistics, but apparently has N24 options too:

https://traveldestinations.co.uk/motorsport-events/nurburgring-24-hours/

The N24 is a completely different event from LM24. We've been to both and adore the N24. Ask other questions if you've got them.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thank you both for the feedback. I am going to look into these options. I will keep everyone updated as to what we come up with.