Mondial Dordogne Tour of 2019 with Goldfinger | FerrariChat

Mondial Dordogne Tour of 2019 with Goldfinger

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    After a full restoration in 2017, we went on a 3000 km tour with some European Mondial lovers in the region of the Dordogne in France last week. Goldfinger, a 1982 QV, performed very well and we had close to no technical issues, except for a fuel line at the fuel pump that had come loose, but fortunately I was able to repair that myself.

This is the second time that I go on a 3000+ km tour with a Mondial and now again, I am very pleased to say that our Mondials are perfect GT cars: very pleasant to cruise over long distances in all comfort. Consumption around 12L per 100km on highways, excellent road handling in the corners of smaller winding roads and an absolute joy to drive. Attracts attention, the sound is fantastic and people apploud or give a thumbs up when we drove past them. We even caused an accident when a French driver just gazed at our cars and crashed into the car in front of him without braking at at least 40km/h. Fortunately none of the Ferraris was hit.

Here are a couple of pictures to give you an impression.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua, LVP488, MvT and 8 others like this.
  2. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    We Frenchies greatly enjoyed having our Belgian brothers here in SW France for the long weekend. It gave us a good reason to get our Mondials out for nice drives through our local countryside. And this being France, the roads always seemed to lead to the next restaurant and meal. What a coincidence! Thanks for making the long trip down.

MvT, Wade and 2cam like this.
  3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    MvT and 2cam like this.
  4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    From the looks of it, a very nice trip! We could not make it since the Misses was not feeling too well to go on such a long journey. We are expecting our second :)

enzo360, WilyB, Jeka and 2 others like this.
  5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Thank you Ron! Little traveling stories next year for sure. Gives me also some time (I hope) to do bigger maintenance on the Mondial :)

7. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Never thought I would say this: that colour looks amazing!! What’s the name of the colour (yesterday I saw in Brussels the ex-Peter Sellers Superfast 500, is it the same colour?)?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    It's called Oro Chiaro.
    Stefan has a very nice post on this restoration:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/goldfinger.525853/