For Sale - Lease transfer: 2019 McLaren 720S Performance Coupe - Azores Orange | Page 4 | FerrariChat

For Sale Lease transfer: 2019 McLaren 720S Performance Coupe - Azores Orange

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by rav1up, Sep 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    60k off for 600lt spider? Hmmm, I am tempted.

2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    OP is probably better off selling the car and cutting the lease company a check.....getting rid of a Mac on a 4 year lease, I guess miracles can happen....

3. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    What happens if I would want to register the car in NY state. Do I have to pay a tax on top of the payment owed?

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I get mac lease deals from my local dealer emailed to me all the time. they are definitely having trouble selling cars and I don't know why. they also sell Astons which are even better deals. this is a very nice car.

Bhh likes this.
  5. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    The person who posted that he knew of his has an Axe to grind. It's easy to see it from mclife forums and the particular situation that caused him to have an axe to grind.

Anyways; I've owned many mac's and know a considerable amount of Mac owners.

The lower priced cars that you see advertised are press cars that dealers bought from Mclaren.

Dealers sometimes run lease specials on a handful of cars (some of them have a Mac contribution to them (maybe $10K to $20K, they also discount the lease factor) that are available to all owners (new or existing). This is only on a handful of cars per dealer and depend on how many cars that dealer has moved in the past.

The bigger overall discount is on very specific cars and specific people. Highest economic contribution that I am aware of was $45K. However, it is not straight forward that everyone can get this $45K. Mclaren will offer additional incentives to select dealers and on select amount of cars (sometimes only one such type deal per dealer). I can get an incentive of $25K through my trade of 720s coupe towards the purchase of a 720 spider and get an additional discount on the 720s spider). The incentive of $25K only applies if I bought the car from the same dealer and depends on whether it is a 720/650/600LT that I am trading in. It is a sliding scale based on the car that I am trading in.

The $45K that I referenced earlier. It is a person who had a 488 coupe. He was $80K underwater and wanted to get rid of it. He bought a brand new 650s at MSRP. The 650 was eligible for a large cost reduction. He was able to roll the $80K that he was under water on his 488 into the 650 at MSRP. He netted out as the incentive on the brand new 650s was used to pay out the amount that he was under on the 488.

Fast forward a couple of years. He wants to buy a 600 LT, but is under water on his 650. He leases a 600 LT and receives a total incentive of $45K. It is a combination of going towards the payoff of the amount that he is under on the 650s and a reduction of the $330K MSRP on the 600 LT spider. He basically leases the 600 LT at full MSRP.

The above examples are not available to everyone and they have very specific type deals with the above type conditions.

GuyIncognito, stardoc and JAM1 like this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Is that "he" you? Wink wink

7. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    ha ha . I’d fess up if it was me . I have a 600 lt coupe .

intersting part is that the 488/650/600 Lt spider guy lives down the street from me . He did his 488/650 deal with a Mac dealer in a different state where he has a second residence . When he shopped for the 600 Lt spider with that particular dealer he tried to get our local dealer to match it .

Our local dealer couldn’t get Mac to do the same incentive because he didn’t buy the 650 from them even though he was technically local. Our dealer can give this one off type deal to a customer who meets this condition only (local, previous buyer , Mac to be traded in )

8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Not trying to be negative, but I simply cannot begin to fathom being “underwater” $80,000 in a car. Wow! Talk about stones. That dude is fearless.

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I thought you owned an 812. You don’t think that’s worth at least $80k less than you paid for it?

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    There's a difference between being underwater $80k and a car having lost $80k in value. If cadster stroked a check for the full monty he's never underwater.

I'd argue the opposite point; it's more bold to have taken an $80k bath with your money versus someone elses :) (ie bank)

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Btw to the OP, great spec car. GLWS!

BOKE likes this.
  12. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I think it's pretty clear: we're gonna bicker about nonsense for a few more pages!

Matt

13. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It’s a process. I made an offer to take over full payments. He declined due to lack of cash down. Now we torture him with off topic stuff until he capitulates!

BT, Yassa, Jo Sta7 and 1 other person like this.
  14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Billy Bean never won a World Series.

15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I took underwater to imply owing more money than it was worth, not underwater in the sense of having lost money in a car. To me, spending money on a car is sunk cost. In any case, I’ll reread the post. Sorry for the confusion. As yes, I’m probably down $100+ in my 812 (and another $75 in my Performante) and if you were to read my previous posts, I’ve always been very vocal in that understanding. Indeed, I was among the earliest to acknowledge the free fall occuring in the 812 market.

daytona355 and kane00 like this.
  16. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No worries. Probably just my take on your post. Many in this thread/site have implied large depreciation and/or losses are somehow unique to McLaren. I think it’s across all lux automakers including Ferrari (outside of LE cars). Like you, I view it all as a sunk cost anyhow. I buy cars to enjoy, not to fret over. Ive got an order in on a GTS and I’m more concerned about how it drives than what it costs me... just like my 720. Enjoy the 812. They’re sweet cars!

17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    #92 Thecadster, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    I’m loving my 812. Took me almost 2 years from order to receiving it. I “lost” $50-60,000 before it even arrived....lol. It doesn’t matter, because I spec’d to own it forever, hence the concept of sunk cost, money spent and gone. I really like the GTS, and that is another “end of an era” type car. Congrats!

Additionally, I reread the original post about $80,000 underwater and reference was made to rolling that into the new car, which I took (probably rightly so) to mean a loan. It’s bold enough to buy cars like these, but to leverage the entire purchase is whole different level of bold. OTOH, I totally respect an individual’s freedom to do as they wish with their hard earned resources.

IloveGT, Gh21631, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I don't get the bickering.

If one does not plan to sell the car, it really does not matter because the selling price never existed to begin with. Who cares what the car would worth in the market? The car should not have been bought as an investment to begin with.

Would you care what your PlayStation console is worth while you were playing the video game with it?

There is a caveat in this thought. For those who change cars all the time, the depreciation prediction and the market does matter. But if you are rich enough to buy a 300k toy to begin with and you know the price of playing the game, why worry about the price like it's a stock market and the price drop with each miles driven?

If one cannot afford to add miles to the car, then I suggest to find different toys to play that does not record miles.

And if the car is bought to climb the rank within the Ferrari dealer, and it is what it is then.

19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Bingo. Exactly. This is the way.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am actually worried about how the GTS will sound with the the new filter.

21. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A 790hp v12 gasoline powered Ferrari convertible sounds just fine to me... filter or not. :cool:

BOKE and IloveGT like this.
  22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    True, but maybe just a shade under as good as it could sound....

23. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    That may be true, but a lot more entertaining than the usual "bump" you see to put the listing on the top. Great for advertising as far as I can see. OP, I love the spec. and am actually in the market, but those 675 Lts are looking mightily "affordable" these days.

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m starting to look at the 675LT as well. I am curious though why so many are for sale, and why so many have several different owners. Seems like people move through that car pretty quickly.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well I think to verify this assertion one should ask Putnam leasing or PFS what a lease deal would look like on his car with his current payoff... since they are the only viable alternative... I am pretty sure, for using them in the past that say his car was 250k pay off they would do
    A buyout at 100k 5 year lease with 0
    Down
    At around 3500 +tax... his deal isn’t that bad trust me...even though I’d rather get new for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk