What's A Fair Price For A Quick Sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What's A Fair Price For A Quick Sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F355 Fan 82, Aug 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I understand that this gentlemen has had many problems with this car and has left him stranded a few times which are documented here.
    He would have to demonstrate that all of the issues were rectified. And that the car was reliable.

There was a beautiful (albeit off colour) 575 at a dealer with every option for $65K that had sat for at least 2 years.

Marranellos are like breitlings on wheels, very special, specific market , lots of (perceived ) competition.

To me, there is nothing like them but the market is not there for these beauties. IMO, the “get rid of it” price is $60-$65K.

Should he get more? Could he get more?, of course. He would have to wait a lot longer to sell and put up with a nauseating process of “potential” buyers and tire kickers.

I rarely sell my stuff but I just sold my 66 chevelle restomod because the nostalgia came back alright with the memories of what a piece of junk an old car really is. I friggin practically gave the car away because I dislike the sales process of selling personal things.
    (Bought a 67 that has all the modern amenities because it’s a chevelle in body only). Love it. Will never sell it.

2. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
  3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    saw this and was going to post it as well.
    my guess is that it wont reach the reserve

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    btw, i think the price point for these 575's is ludicrous.

in many ways, it is a better car than the 550's preceding it, and has the same gearbox as the last generation of 360's that work just fine.....

so imo, best bargain in the ferrari world at the moment.

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #30 ralfabco, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    At 60/65K, you are not buying a new loaded Z-06. At that price you should just hold it.

Interesting how the new cars were almost all spec'd with the auto transmission. The second hand buyers prefer the manual box. Rinse and repeat with all the late model F and L cars.

BOKE likes this.
  6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  7. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

The 575 is more modern, but NOT better. I love the 575 and will probably get one as the early F1 manuals are a rare indulgence however, I like havining a cable and mechanical connectivity to my classic driving time.

cgt000 likes this.
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    When you fix most of the problems with an improved model, that pretty much is the definition of better.

9. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I agree Dave. It’s when there are what I would term “techtonic” changes that fundamentally change the driving experience. I’m not talking about beefing up the mounts nor transmission, I’m talking about things like changing the cables for “drive by wire” technology. While l like it for my DDs like my Benz and to a lesser degree on my Denali, I prefer the feedback of cable connected sports car driving.

BTW, absolutely LOVE what you are doing to your 550.

10. Soren

Soren Karting

Jul 13, 2011
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bryce Anderson
    #35 Soren, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    I can appreciate and respect the emotional sentiment in your statement. However, with apologies in advance for ruffling any feathers, my empirical experience does not support that statement. Having owned and used a 550 as a DD for 12,000 miles, and now having owned and driven a 575 as a DD for 19,000 miles, my humble experience has been that the 575 (with FHP particularly) is an objectively better car. Both are fantastic machines, but the returnless fuel system alone fixed a noticeable flaw in the 550’s usability and power delivery. I was initially concerned that the electronic throttle of the 575 would have a latency that the 550’s cable did not, but in ‘sport’ mode, there is no delay. I love both cars, and I don’t necessarily want to increase demand for the 575 because I’d like to pick another one up in the future, but I do feel the need to voice my experience here.

Themaven likes this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I thought the same, may be different car, that's NYC and the "long trusted tech" that just passed was an independent in Florida??
    Damn that's a well spec'd car, on BaT now.

12. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great to have a perspective from an owner with extensive experience from both Marrenello models.

Can’t wait to get one.

Cheers.

13. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My apologies Terry, I confused you with another member. I hope you continue to enjoy your georgeous 575 in good health and thanks for your knowledge.

Regards.

14. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    $101,250. Seems a lot of money would have been left on the table at $65k, no?

15. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Timing is everything.

16. p1turbo

p1turbo Formula Junior

May 21, 2009
    san francisco
    world of difference betw 13k miles and 22k miles...not saying justified...it's actually ridiculous

but given most drive 1-2k miles/year...thats what it is imo

the 13k 575 also had carbon fiber package

for the 22k 575....my bet is BAT would either want no reserve or reserve close to $65-70k

this whole thread is about a 'quick sale' not wanting to 'wait 12 months for extra 10-15k'

17. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    This seller waited 2.5 months and pulled $35-40,000+ over what he was being advised to advertise. I call that wait time well spent and still a pretty quick sale.

Sometimes we're our own worst enemies around here

18. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Another member on here texted me, I haven't been on in so long, wife was in hospital for last 6-7 weeks of pregnancy it was a really hard time for us. My car has been for sale in miami for $94,900 for a while, I got 2 serious offers but I would've had to take other cars in trade, one was a 2 tone phantom and the other was a 1961 corvette, although nice, my issue is we needed family cars(i didn't want a 12 year old phantom) as we have kids now and we're about to head back to miami and most condos there have limits on parking usually 1-2 spaces and I recently got a G63 and a q8 so we just dont have room.

The dealer who has my car is a friend and had a 6 speed manual superamerica on his site but it says sale pending he was asking $650k?, not sure if one of you got it but wow what a unicorn

https://www.thebarnmiami.com/vehicles

I was interested in a quick sale but I dont' wanna give the car away, $65k is someone whose just lost their life savings and needs to get out, I really thought list at $95k and sell for $90k or so would happen quickly and so did he and there were offers over $90k but again I would have had to take on other cars which wasn't in the plan. Honestly as a side note, the new G63 is the best car i've ever owned, it just checks every box for me it drives like a sportscar and the kids can come along, its been great.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. p1turbo

p1turbo Formula Junior

May 21, 2009
    san francisco

no offense but the car that sold on BAT for $101k was not the original poster's car...that was gtsbruce's car.

F355 Fan 82....congrats on starting a family and good luck selling the 575. Market imo is irrational on these. Have over 80k miles on my '04 and just gets better.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #45 F355 Fan 82, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    It is pretty much the same spec except mine didn’t have carbon fiber. What’s funny is I began my search late 2015 and I was looking for this exact spec, it took me nearly 2 years to find it, I wanted the red inserts specifically and none ever came up and when it did I bought it pretty quickly, this past week 2 were available! I think when you’re shopping for a car like this you have a specific spec in mind and most wait till they find it.

21. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    No offense at all. I stand corrected; somehow I lost track of what's what in the thread. My apologies there.

I still think $60k is crazy low and, as F355 pointed out, "just lost my life savings" pricing. Glad to see he's sticking to his guns. These things are too good to just give away.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  22. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Congrats on your growing family my friend.
    Can you share the # you got for the artwork on 4 wheels in order to contextualize the thread?

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  23. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It hasn’t sold yet, I wish it did but like I said the only 2 offers I got were great but fell apart bc I didn’t want to take on the other car in trade.

24. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Ya lots asking $100-120k, i figured $94,900 ask would garner interest but not really, I know most in that low price range aren’t as well serviced as mine again I spent $15k in the last 12+ months on various things so it’s been well kept, there’s others in the mid 90s but I’m certain they’re not as upkept as mine.

Chupacabra likes this.
  25. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Or, somebody holding a bunch of Zillow stock that they overpaid for.

BOKE likes this.