FF LIFT PUMP LEAKING | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF LIFT PUMP LEAKING

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by turbosonoma, May 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Im curious if anybody knows when they actually replaced the American made Delphi pump? Would be helpful to know which FF's & F12's are affected. At least owners won't live in fear, and those potentially affected can keep an eye on it.

2. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    I agree. Thanks, next time I go to Competizione instead of FoW.

3. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    My pump failed last spring.

4. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hmm, that's odd, I would have thought they would have done the upgraded pump. As we know, not all Ferrari dealerships are equal.

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Indeed, replacing it with a NOS pump is quite unreasonable. Doing so is only okay if they put an indefinite warranty on the NOS pump, and compensate for your loss of use, if the NOS pump fails again for the reason it has been known to fail.

6. turbosonoma

turbosonoma Karting

Sep 17, 2010
    White rock
    Full Name:
    Brad
    well it seems to be lasting just fine so far, installed the new square ring with an extremely small amount of silicone, bench bled the whole unit and bolted it back in the car. worked flawlessly from the get go with no error codes or anything. All I need to do it bleed the system from each shock once I have it on the two post hoist. I'm going to leave the belly pan off for another week or two so I can check it easily for any seepage.

And now it would be great if somebody could check the rocker panel/belly pan configuration as per original post:

"I noticed the belly pan of the car, on one side it was mounted under the rocker panel and the other side was on top of the rocker panel (they share the same bolts). Does anybody know for certain which way around it is supposed to be? it seems to fit fine both ways but nice for it to be correct."

Sonicsound likes this.
  7. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    Turbosonoma - You should start a refurbishing business I am hoping I never have this issue, but thanks for sharing your fix. Look forward to learning how it works out over time. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

otakki likes this.
  8. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Belly pan goes under the rockers. Best guess is somebody just had issues installing it and did not check their work before bolting it up.

9. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Where did you source out the new square gasket?

10. turbosonoma

turbosonoma Karting

Sep 17, 2010
    White rock
    Full Name:
    Brad
    so belly pan goes under the rocker as in the closest item to the ground? or under the rocker like between the rocker and the floor?

i got it from a business out here called fluid seal, i went there because they custom make gaskets, rubber seals etc. They suggested just to try this one first because it was a common on the shelf kind of item.

11. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Belly pan closest to the ground.

Common on the shelf means it is a popular gasket but for what applications? Maybe we can source out one from other suppliers if we know what else uses that style of gasket.

otakki likes this.
  12. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Can you get more gaskets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. turbosonoma

turbosonoma Karting

Sep 17, 2010
    White rock
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Yeah I'll get a part number and post it.

Iirc the oem size was about 90mm id x 2 mm thick x 3 mm wide.

If I was to have some made I'd make it about 5mm wide to get it a bit more rigid.

otakki and Bamsefar like this.
  14. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Thanks!

15. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    How did this work out? Did you bleed the lift system? Any update on part number of seal or where I can get one from? My lift is having issues.

16. KNOKKi

KNOKKi Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Amsterdam
    Hey turbosonoma, I really appreciate that you are sharing this with us. I do not hope that I will need your acquired knowledge but if so, I will light a candle (and use the other 10k saved for some fuel). Thx

17. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    This is actually scaring me a bit about buying the FF.

18. KNOKKi

KNOKKi Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Amsterdam
    Well, I would say it is all about statistics. As far as I understood, model years 2011 - 2012 could have this issue. 2013 onwards not. So buy a FF 2013 or later....
    But now you you know how to solve this issue, even a 2011-2012 is a save bet with respect to this issue as long as you do not have to rely on the official channels. You know the solution...

19. Stradalecars

Stradalecars Rookie

Sep 27, 2019
    Herten, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martijn Hopman
    otakki and ANOpax like this.
  20. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Thank you