CS Market | Page 401 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Sounds like it will be gone tomorrow

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I personally like the car alot but i think its the combo of miles, color, and leather. If it had a red alcantara interior it wld be easier to sell

LightGuy and dustman like this.
  3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The market is curious right now. People seem to have excitement for cars that have sat and rotted, rather than ones that have been driven, cared for and actually work properly. I'm in no real rush. If it doesn't move, I'll take it off the market and increase the price in 6 months. It's too nice of a car.

Doctor Mark and Skippr1999 like this.
  4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I appreciate low miles and try to buy cars with relatively low miles, but this Ferrari miles thing is truly nuts. Only on planet “F” is a 15 year old car with 20k miles considered high miles !

4retr, dmark1, Michael B and 6 others like this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    its not about the absolute miles obviously - 20k is alot relative to the CS peer group, so it impacts price. just the way the market is. not right or wrong.

BOKE, Skippr1999 and Oengus like this.
  6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

It’s wrong. And stupid.

7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Looks like it sold? What's next for your garage (or were you slimming down a bit)?

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
  9. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    There’s nothing like that truck pulling up in front of your house !

one4torque and JPMD like this.
  10. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    IMO, Ingenere’s car being represented by YC left money on the table. Had it been listed privately, I’m guessing it would have fetched a decent chunk more, especially since he’s a long term and knowledgeable owner. Im sure I’m not the only one who is completely put off by YC.

ferrame and Vegas CS like this.
  11. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    so whacha think? everything you hoped? congrats!!

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    He did prior to YC.

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    At $260k, then something like $220k.

14. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Seems these days my rosso scuderia CS with 44k miles is worth $100k. Guess Ill keep enjoying it. :)
    -Matt

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Did it trade? What price?

16. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The last asking price was $165k

17. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

wow thats a smoking deal

18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #10018 arizonaitalian, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    The owner tried to sell it privately for some time. I suppose some might quibble with his approach in that too.

However, I went thru trying to sell one of these (vs. reading the interwebs) and I've posted my educated pov on the market earlier in the thread. "Higher mileage" (sadly and absurdly anything over 10,000 for the most part) CS's are a hard sell at almost any price due to the small market and the other driving options available for same level of money from Ferrari and others. It takes ages to sell one and prices are what they are. That car sold for market after getting a lot of exposure +/-. The market is not precise for such a "one off" and limited market (there are no comps for that car with that color and that mileage, etc). My red, factory striped, 20k mile car took over 2 years to sell and went for $185k. So, to my eye, 165k for a non-resale red (private opinions on the color notwithstanding), non factory stripe car is more or less what I expected. Could it have been a bit more? Who the hell knows (well, actually, none of us do), but the car was marketed for a longish period over the summer and got what it got.

(btw - i'm sure there are some other threads on topic where you can post your opinion on the sponsor here that got Dino's car sold in the end, rather than bring it here. For the folks that are bothered by him, there are several that have the opposite pov.)

As for Dino's asking prices when private, I suspect many others - like me - knew those were "aspirational". Based on several actual sale prices over the past 2 years, I thought this was a ~$170k car from the start (+/- 5%). Which is where it ended up. This market isn't that tough to follow, the answers have been posted here before. The only place it gets wonky is for sub 5k mile collector cars which can go high and wide range. There are very, very, very few of those sales post 2015. (and storied cars of course where sometimes buyers are not aware and sometimes they are and the prices can vary widely based upon that fact)

Gh21631, LightGuy and Oengus like this.
  19. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    ^^^

Can't believe it took you two years to sell your car. That seems crazy to me with the specs you mentioned - not that I follow CS's carefully, but I do love the car.

MDS

20. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
  21. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I don’t usually offer my commentary but having recently offered up my CS exclusively through Andrew in the private market I was surprised by the limited interest in a sub 5k collector showpiece. No it’s not a striped car but in my opinion I love the”cleaner” look of the car and realize others share my opinion. There are not many examples remaining in my showroom condition. I don’t understand the market. The CS has a cult following and the first challenge car brought to the market. At some point every Ferrari collector is going to want one in their collection. It represents a new movement with Ferrari bringing the race version of their car to the streets. With the limited number of this car produced it will continue to go up in value. I predict a seven figure car in the next 20 years. Until then I will continue and enjoy what I believe to be one of the cleanest examples remaining.

Skippr1999, Michael B and JPMD like this.
  22. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I like that chart, but I think we are at the “return to the mean” point. The peak was very short and happened in 2015. Some people just didn’t get the memo. (Me included when I first listed my car in the spring of 2016 for $229k)

Skippr1999 likes this.
  23. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    dmark1 -

How about a report and a few pics ? Curious to hear what you think.

MDS

24. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Whoops - just saw dmark1 is banned - I missed something obviously. Bummer.

MDS

25. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

So what’s a sub 10k mile CS worth nowadays?
    175-200k ?