348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 8 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    If he was a car guy who "wears his heart on his sleeve" he wouldn't be single handedly trying to destroy the reputation of 348s with his episode titles which basically scream " THIS 348 IS A PIECE OF S**T ". Then when you watch the video, guess what? Turns out it isn't, but by then damage done for those who don't watch the whole video. Sensationalism to make a buck at the expense of a great car. P.T. Barnum would have loved this guy: " Step right up, folks! You'll get to see a Ferrari engine DESTROYED!" (disclaimer: some bent valves do not equate to a destroyed engine, just like other performers in the freak show aren't real).
    Probably hires "wife" to help further his channel too.

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BOKE, Challenge, ernie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    Thank you very much. And yes, I'm am beyond lucky to have Meg! Feel free to come to Austin, grab a beer, and turn some wrenches (poorly) with us anytime.

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You missed the part with an expert actually doing the work? The whole thing was fake.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BOKE likes this.
  4. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    The conspiracy theories are absolutely hilarious!

Keep them coming.

5. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    In an effort to increase subscribers/views, I heard Normal Guy Supercar, will be removing “Guy,” as the term is significantly troubling for women, trans, and gender-nonconforming peoples, and users of Gillette razors.

DGPF likes this.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Right conspiracy. Well done. Saying that some how deflects and makes the comments seem invalid does it?
    It was planned incompetence, you see the thing is we actually have brains out here. #NormalGuySuperFake

DGPF and WATSON like this.
  7. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    I've watched a few although painful I found the "experts" arrogance the worst part, and the intro music, and the titles and yea

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BOKE likes this.
  8. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    I can assure you that none of the failures were contrived as you allege. It was the result of my failures as a home mechanic, and in the case of the valves, an honest mistake probably due to heat, fatigue, and dehydration. Lesson learned on that: if you’re tired, stop for the day and come back fresh.
    Also, addressing your previous allegation of scripted conversations and re-shooting segments, wrong again. Everything we did was candid and filmed as it happened.
    And, in case you’re wondering, I’ve put 600 miles on her in the last two weeks and she runs great.

9. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well said

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Oh lord don’t buy the Harbour freight set. Mine was faulty and it caused me nightmares when I was trying to fix my system. Buy a quality gauge set.

steved033 likes this.
  11. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Northern Tool it is!

LOL

sjd

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So amazing, good luck! Btw the F8 forums is just a few below this one on the main page. Enjoy!:)

13. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    There are a few members that have too much time on their hands and feel their negative opinion is important. I got the shaft for merely warning folks about a 430 for sale whose owner wouldn’t allow a PPI. Some people...

I had a 348 and loved it.Sold it to buy a 430 after watching a lot of YouTube vids, some of which were posted by Dan. The 430 just seams like more of my type of car but I was worried about working on it myself until now. I too thought Dan was ****ting on the 348 unnecessarily but in the end it is a car that requires A LOT of little things A LOT of the time for some owners. I still love it and I don’t expect somebody who is interested in buying one will turn away after watching Dans videos. If anything FChat itself has done more to push people away from the 348. There is a reason the car has the most DIY threads of any model in the forums.

Just my humble opinions...

F1Spider, Fred Daniali and aballas like this.
  14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Because its REALLY easy to work on?

BOKE, Bertil and steved033 like this.
  15. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I have to agree. I performed a complete FULL major on mine in my garage with no special a Ferrari knowledge. I’m 90% done rebuilding the gearbox mostly by myself. It is a simple nuts and bolts car with a beautiful design in my opinion.

That being said, it’s a good thing most issues are easy to fix because your are going to have to address them sooner or later.

steved033 likes this.
  16. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Not going to read the whole thread again, but I don’t recall any “unsubstantiated claims,” other than Dan’s titles like:

“$25,000 major service”
    “Destroyed engine”
    “Destroyed engine again”
    “Completely destroyed the engine”
    “Big mistake”
    “Will the broken Ferrari ever run”
    “The most hated Ferrari”
    “Ferrari’s are money pits pain in the a..”
    “Fixed totaled engine for $0”

With bogus title’s like that, and Dan’s acknowledgment they are complete B.S. used to generate clicks ($), it shouldn’t be a surprise the series gets little love here.

At the end of the day, I’m glad his channel exists, whether it’s my cup of tea or not. The video of the owner test driving the car after the work completed was a good one.

DGPF, F1Spider, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  17. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It hit home yesterday on instagram when Chris Harris put it like this: " The YT phenomenon of buying a new car every 7 min has rendered the process of taking delivery of a shiny new motor about as special as brushing your teeth, but it’s great to see a bloke work hard, save and buy his first new car. He can’t stop smiling. "

Sorry Dan, sorry Samcrac, sorry Tavarish... You've made me too old for my youngness...I'm going to back to surfing FB marketplace and talking to my buddies about cars.

sjd

QSA and BOKE like this.
  18. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I think I have now seen the worst yet on Youtube...a video popped up tonight with a picture of a burning 355 with the words "80% Explosion rate!!"

Sheesh, who believes this crap?

19. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    From regular joe? he's probably just mad because he got deleted from Ferrari who's who.

sjd

ernie and BOKE like this.
  20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    On the contrary; FChat and the many 348 DIY threads is what gives people the encouragement and confidence to buy one.

Bertil, ernie, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  21. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    :rolleyes::eek::D

22. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Ha! No, it's that Vehicle Virgins nonsense.

23. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    These cars are all nuts and bolts at the end of the day.

My issue still until this day is not with the DIY itself but with the click bait BS. And I get the whole concept of clicks.... but you devalue the car and the brand with this type of "TMZ" entertainment.

The unfortunate part is 95% of people are cattle and they'll follow the latest pied piper... which in this case is our buddy.

One would hope ppl recognize the TMZ nature of the guy's page but let's be honest..if they don't 1) they cant afford the upkeep of the car 2) they aren't DIYers anyhow and 3) are they really the caregivers we as current caregivers of these cars want to hand over the care of these cars?

Even if the 348 continues to remain the most hated Ferrari, at the end of the day it's still a Ferrari and deserves a bit more respect than these internet clowns provide it.

In 20 more years whos going to be remembered.. the 348 or this guy, who honestly I have to look back at the initial post to find his name.

Enjoy your 15 minutes bro.. I hope YouTube is paying you handsomely for your clicks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BOKE, flat_plane_eddie and steved033 like this.
  24. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    The Ferrari Enzo is the worst piece of junk ever!

(Hopefully that statement devalues the car about 97% to fit my current budget. Still waiting on those 348 values to plummet from YouTube videos though...)

dahveedem likes this.
  25. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Sorry Dan, that won't cut it to try and ruin the reputation of a great car. You need a more important sounding first name, something like "Luca", yea that will do it I'm sure. o_O:)

FSM348 likes this.