Fall Folliage - Once again | FerrariChat

Fall Folliage - Once again

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Oct 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Decided to try out a friends recommendation for BBQ at Double S Smoke House in Warwick. And since we were up there, swing by Applewood Winery in Warwick a few miles away.

We went up Macopin Rd to Rt 94 to the BBQ place, then 94 to 13 to 4-corners to the Winery.
    My wife loved the place. I wasn't so crazy about it. it was relatively quiet with a dirt road for an entrance.
    I'll let you know how their Naked Flock Hard apple cider is compared to WV Doc's. They also had Naked Flock Smashed Cherry Mead. that's not bad :)

coming back was rt13 to Lake Station to SugarLoadMountain Rd to rt45 to rt 91 to 17A to Rt 91 to Rt 84 TO monkesville resevoir through stonetown rd then through Wanaque et al.

Yep, the LONG way around. lots of small winding roads, and almost no traffic.

The leaves are still up, though no vibrant colors. It was a perfect day for the drive

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

You in both cars or just the 308? Very nice day for a drive.

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    The first Folliage drive was the wife's Mercedees. But after a couple hours of pointing out how much better the scenery could be in a Ferrari, the above drive was in the 308.

And to bring the point home, We had lots of thumbs-up, we had a fellow on a motorcycle turn around and watch the 308, a couple kids in a local town start screaming & jumping up & down at seeing the 308, a guy at a light rolled down his passenger window & give her props for being a very sexy car.
    Even the wife had to yield on the take the Ferrari argument :)

RPM217 likes this.