Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I am getting updates from the dealer every week via what they see on Modis. Mine is not TM. There are a few items I have asked for including Pista 488 stitched in the headrests (I have had that done in all my Ferrari’s except the 812) and I have asked for those building my car to sign the carbon fiber door sill plates. My dealer was not sure they would do it. I did not want them to sign the engine. It will arrive when it arrives. Just hope it has the stripes on it. My dealer has had 3 come in without the stripe even though it showed on Modis for the stripe.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Headrests stitch will look very nice. Congrats.
    No stripe I would not purchase...would look as plain as Speciales.

3. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I have a friend that did walk into a dealer and get an allocation. Car was just delivered in his spec's....no prior anything/relationship at the dealer and he had never bought a new Ferrari at all.

4. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Although he did pay 35K over....and he has stated it has been a pretty crappy experience purchasing the car overall.

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sooooo.....Ferrari doesnt sell new cars above MSRP. Only used ones. So its not an allocation that he got, he bought a used Pista.

Gh21631 and dmark1 like this.
  6. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Maybe a used never titled car, so he may still be the first owner ;). Everyone knows the game. Plenty of pista's have and even more will be changing hands as the pista spiders come in.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Of course they are going to sell and change hands. But that is a much different thing than getting an allocation. There is a F12 TDF sitting st my dealer for a million bucks. I never got an allocation for one but I too can walk in off the street and get a TDF as long as I’m willing to pay over sticker.

FordGTDriver likes this.
  8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I generally am not a fan of stripes but I recently saw a striped and a stripeless pista at a dealer and the car without stripes looked so plain. The Pista shape is definitely enhanced by a stripe.

F12JAJ and Shadowfax like this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sounds like he purchased someones allocation. Why was it a crappy experience?

10. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I do know that the allocation was supposed to be someone else's who cancelled or ? He tells me that his initial questions were not answered and after months, car showing up, those questions were answered with attitude. He stated actually he was threatened with his "relationship" my friend was trying to build with the dealer, to be "in the buyers club" per se. He says he has felt that spending 460k on a car didn't really mean much to the dealer's salespeople. I am paraphrasing what I heard so maybe I can entice my buddy to get involved here. Right now he is still trying to take delivery and having issues with having the dealer sub out clear coating the car.

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Ask your friend if that additional $35K was an ADM tacked on to the MSRP which is supposedly not allowed by FNA or some donation to the dealership's motorsports fund or some other B.S.

12. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    No...not true. He spec'd the car completely from scratch. They seem to be getting around the "over MSRP" , which I think is prohibited, by offering a track experience that you must purchase to get the car....minus the track day.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So whatever they are doing is shady - over MSRP not allowed. Treating your friend the way they are doing- sucky.

14. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thank you. He really wanted to be the club...but wondering if it is worth it now. I'll try to keep you apprised. Cheers!

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #440 boobernackle, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    A franchised dealer in the USA can sell a car for whatever it wants, to whoever it wants. State franchise laws are heavily in the dealer's favor, it took a bankruptcy for many underperforming GM dealers to be terminated, that should tell you a lot right there.

Ferrari found a way for the LaF by having dealers submit customer names, but again, those names initially came from the dealer, not the other way around.

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think he should contact FNA with this. While they are definitely part of he game and part of the reason why dealers can play games, this one I don't think they will like. It reflects incredibly poorly on the marque as well as the dealer network.

One thing is all the B.S already done with purchasing cars to get allocations etc. But frankly, once you get your allocation, no matter who, they should not add to the price.

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What dealer was it?

18. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    FNA can't do anything, it's a franchised dealer and once the dealer receives an allocation it's at their discretion what they choose to do with it.

I still don't believe it to hold weight, unless it's a very small market dealer.

19. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It will hold a lot of weight. The dealers allocations will be impacted.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    B.S.

FNA can restrict future allocations of popular models to the offending dealership guilty of charging ADM's.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Spot on. That was my thought as well.

They may not be able to do much for this particular customer, but they can sure as hell make life difficult for this dealer in the future by not allocating VS models and restrict popular models.

Surfah likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think he would do himself a favour by outing this dealer, and then find another dealer for future services.

Sounds like a place not worth supporting and have affiliations with.

23. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #448 boobernackle, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Run a new car dealership then come back here and tell me what you think.

Where do you think these Pistas being sold above MSRP are coming from, the Toyota assembly line? Just attach a generic story as to why the car never got sold and you're done.

Want another way, get the customer to buy a Lusso/flavor of the month, plenty of ways. Manufacturers try to make rules, but very easy to skirt them and they won't expend resources to enforce them, they have better things to do, like building cars.

I can assure you the prior poster won't give up the name of the offending dealer. The LaF method was perhaps the best I've seen.

24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Go run a new car dealership and then show me brand new untitled Pistas (or any new Ferraris) with an attached Additional Dealer Mark-up reflected on the sticker or I call your B.S.

"A franchised dealer in the USA can sell a car for whatever it wants, to whoever it wants" is wrong. After owning multiple Ferraris, I've never seen a new model with an ADM attached to the MSRP on the sticker unlike Porsche and my dealer has explicitly stated that all new cars must be listed at MSRP.

Buying a Lusso, contributing to the dealer's Motorsports fund, or taking delivery of a new Pista and then trading it back in to the dealer so they can sell it above MSRP to some yahoo are B.S. ways of getting around attaching an ADM.

In the end, the customer is paying above sticker but you're still wrong when you proclaim "A franchised dealer in the USA can sell a car for whatever it wants, to whoever it want".

25. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia