Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean ! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean !

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Too late. This is the quote in the notification I got in my mail....
    Semi trivia question: What has hockey to do with wearing a Chaparral shirt? :p

:)

2. #152 lorenzobandini, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  3. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Both are winners and are exceptional at what they do!

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #154 I'm 360 Canuck, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Sigh...I forgot, there’s always an insecure Quebecois ready to jump out from behind a poutine truck wherever you go.

Lol...Montreals record of cups in the past 50 years is just slightly less embarrassing than Toronto. I really don’t care what happened before that, as it was before my time and pretty much irrelevant to current generations. It’s quite sad to have to reflect back on championships before you were born in order to establish credibility...esp when they were in a time when there were only 6 teams...that’s worse than the CFL! In my lifetime, Edmonton has the most cups in Canada, as well as a connection to the greatest player of all time. But I wouldn’t trade places with them for all the tea in China (let’s see how many others I can offend in this thread lol). Face it. The rest of the league esp Americans, consider both TML and MTL to be equally pathetic and not at all intimidating,

That said...Hockey hall of fame? Toronto. Toronto’s games are also the ones that get broadcast nationally, not Montreal’s. Where does the NHL review all the leagues goals? HQ in Toronto. Also, highest priced tickets in the country. Did you get all that news this summer constantly about Marners contract? Ya I thought so...my friends in Vancouver were sure sick of hearing about it, as they were Nylanders last year. Didn’t hear a peep about anything in Montreal though. No one cared. “Shea Weber is the new captain of the habs!” <Rest of country.>”crickets chirping”.

Montreal is a wonderful hockey town, mon ami, 2nd only to Toronto. ;) sorry you are so insecure that you took offence to my prior post, was clearly not an attack on Montreal, and barely a footnote, just some context for my story for those in other countries. But you should be used to accepting Toronto as the Centre of the Canadian Universe by now. ;) and I hope this discussion won’t prevent you from watching our team in the playoffs after the Habs are done ;)

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhhh hockey......... MMA on ice by any other name..... i have no idea about the rules, except that they seem to be that if you don’t like someone on your team, pass the puck to him, and half of the opponents will launch themselves on him and beat the **** out of him. Oh, and if you remember to hit the puck into the tiny little net at either end, someone gets a goal, which decides the fight, I mean game, at the end.... is that about right? :) :)

As you can tell, we don’t really play ice hockey in this country..... I know, would have been at least a decent excuse for our diabolical teeth..... but there it is. I think we looked at how you guys go at it and chickened out. We prefer soccer, when we PRETEND to have been violently assaulted by players still a metre away from us at the time!

tomc and lorenzobandini like this.
  6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Sid you're a pisser!

daytona355 likes this.
  7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Is this supposed to impress us ?

And besides, while Lewis may hang with them, he is not hanging out the back of them ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    well some blokes, like me, don’t like implants and other enhancements. she’s not a natural beauty; anybody w a good plastic surgeon can look like that.

9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Islam gives a damn.

Keep up !

daytona355 likes this.
  10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I'm glad you feel the world only started when you were born, thus discarding all history prior to your existence, so let's stick to your "Slightly less embarrassing over the last 50 years" statement, shall we? Since 1969, Montreal has won the Stanley Cup 9 times (more than any other team in that timeframe) to Toronto's ZERO cups. How do you come to define the situation as being only "slightly less embarrassing" when you are comparing the most successful team to one tied for the worst?

Next, you'll be telling me that your bagels are better than Montreal's.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If Nicole has had plastic done, then I think it was a 15 year old with a 3D printer, not a professional, as if it was, he needs to turn in his papers hehehehe

12. I hope not. Tho' 360 could be right, ('don't know, 'haven't had the pleasure of visiting Toronto) but the only place to get good bagels is in NY. (along with pizza, of course....and the knishes....ooohhh the knishes......) :)

Egads! We're only 'twixt races. Whatever during the off season.....????

kes7u and daytona355 like this.
  13. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    stavura and Nortonious like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  16. I like the last quote: "“We all know the lifestyle that Lewis has, and that Formula 1 drivers take 200 planes a year. You can’t then say ‘don’t eat meat’.”

I can't count the number of politicians that need that advice...... ;)

kes7u and daytona355 like this.
  17. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yep. Seems like recently a ham fan kept pressing me in another thread to explain (again) why I don't like him and why I would prefer bottles to win the title. I think Alonso explained another reason pretty well.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Once again Ham in the headlines. I'm beginning to dread the thought of how boring F1 will become after he is gone. Alonso has already gave Ham respect when he voted him top 5 of all time, anything else he says doesn't matter to me.

19. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Ferrari has said numerous times over the years they don't want him. ;)

daytona355, stavura and fil like this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I am absolutely heartbroken to hear that, and I bet Hamilton is too ;)

ktu likes this.
  21. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I used to be against the Hamilton bashing threads, but
    Too much complaints.

Even if there are faster cars out there, outdrive the competition then.
    Prove why you're number 1.
    The fashion modeling is probably making him slower on the track...

Nortonious likes this.
  22. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    OK, so this is a Hamilton thread, so don't call me a troll please. But seriously, even as a kid in GP2 (or whatever it was called that year) he was absolutely electric to watch. Wasn't it in Turkey where he came from the back and passed almost the entire field, in the same spec car? A black kid without rich parents, it seemed so unlikely for those of us who'd watched the sport since early days. And his 2008 race in the rain at Spa where he diced with Kimi was terrific. Yes, I'd love to see Ham v Schu in equal cars in a rain race. I think they're both the best of their era in the car. I know the public persona grates on some folks, but I really only care about the racing. I do find it interesting to think just how much he's had to grow up in the public eye, compared to previous eras, and yes that was a choice to be a public figure, but given all the money and fame it's not surprising that he's made some public blunders (Justin Bieber at the finish line in Monaco, and yes other cases of emotions getting the better of him...) as he's grown. But his racecraft at this point reminds me of Schumi at his best, just a bit more focused than everyone else, able to think of strategic options while getting the most out of the car. I think he is a great champion. And so far I do not recall him doing anything like Schumi in terms of driving into opponents (Hill, Villenueve) or parking his car in qualy to try and prevent his competition from besting his result. Despite his greatness, there will always be that aspect to Michael (as with Senna) where the inner drive just went a bit too far to be sporting. And for the record, I love Ferrari for their heritage and everything they bring to the sport. They've been there all along, competing like no other manufacturer. So I'm not anti-Ferrari and have really enjoyed seeing LeClerc rise, and seem to up Vettel's game. As they used to say in Brooklyn, wait till next year...

lorenzobandini, william and ktu like this.
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Obviously Hamilton is not a bad driver, but he's the only high profile driver I can remember who lost a championship to a team-mate who's never been praised as exceptionnally brilliant - Nico Rosberg (who's not a bad driver either) managed to beat Hamilton with the very same car, and to me that questions the genius status of Hamilton.
    When winning or losing against someone in a different car, a part of the result is in the car - so it's difficult to split what is up to the driver and what is up to the car.

SimCity3, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  24. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I remember that year. He had a lot of issues with the car that season.

william likes this.
  25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Well said

lorenzobandini and william like this.