Elite Car Storage | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Elite Car Storage

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 412monzaindy, Nov 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dunno.

Just figured they had to have transport insurance coverage, and that you'd get a copy of something indicating the coverage B4 the OP would use them to ship his car. Hell, I got a certificate of insurance from the guy who shipped my 15 year old BMW to FL for me. (Also called the agent who sent it to make sure it wasn't faked up by the carrier.)

D

2. SeanHugh

SeanHugh Rookie

Jan 1, 2014
    Oakville Ontario
    Full Name:
    ECCS.Staff
    #102 SeanHugh, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Paul demanded that it not go through insurance.

The original quote was 25,000 for damages moment he heard we were putting through insurance it jumped to nearly 40,000 which he never provided invoices or quote to back up.

He suckered the owner into signing a paper she should never of signed.

He collected $20,000 in payments by time I found out and told her to stop.

Company said from get go max it would pay out was $25,000 Company has paid that amount

Funny Paul has never admitted that we have in fact made payments.

His header of this topic says we do not pay and will avoid paying at all costs and that we were not insured. Yet more lies on his part.

He has collected $25,000 in payments and my wife even was willing to settle. He refused.

We agree 100% fault was ours. He refused to allow it to go through insurance. Then when it was to late and bill went up to $40,000 over night he said sure go ahead put it through insurance.

Problem is he took over the repairs of the vehicle from day one and refused to let our insurance company inspect the vehicle.

So they refused to cover the claim.

Since 2012 we have had full insurance and we still do today.

dm_n_stuff
    You are correct. We do carry full insurance for both our facility and any cargo we transport. We have had such insurance in place since day one of starting the business and it has never lapsed.

In fact this year because of such a good record our insurance rates dropped yet provides up to $5,000,000,00 coverage anywhere in North America. Any client would be provided a copy of insurance if requested.

Furthermore we would not be able to enter the USA as a carrier without proof of insurance.

Have a look at our Face Book page you will see we move quite a variety of vehicles. The business does quite a bit of dealer trades. Think dealerships would use a carrier not does not have a clean record and have valid insurance?

3. SeanHugh

SeanHugh Rookie

Jan 1, 2014
    Oakville Ontario
    Full Name:
    ECCS.Staff
    #103 SeanHugh, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Bottom line is this.

Damage was done to the vehicle. Vehicle should have been repaired and it was repaired. Paul should not have tried to bully the owner of the company assuming because the company is small we would not push back.

We have gone back and forth for 2 years now over this and it really did not need to happen.

He is a grown man who took a tempter tantrum when he did not get his way and 2 years later he has nothing to show for it. Insurance was more than willing to cover the cost he refused.

We feel we have paid what is fair and if he had gone through this in a proper manner and not try to be a weasel then this issue would never have come up.

While every carrier tries best not to damage cargo things do not always go perfect 100% of time. This is why we buy insurance!!!!

Elite has always stood by it's clients He forced her to close down and I and others had to step in to save our clients because of Pauls actions.

He sues her yet hires someone to settle it all the while not telling that person or our company he follows through with small claims gets a default order against
    Elite Custom Car Storage and day after has accounts frozen putting her out of business. Which by the way courts set the default order aside.

We learned from it and now understand in small business there are people out there who will rip a small business off to gain a buck.

He and anyone else is welcome to debate this the owner has lost everything going belly up We have had to pay quite a bit of money to fight this and just could not afford to fight it any longer.

FACT
    1. He lied to the community when stating we did not have insurance
    2. He lied to the community when stating we do everything we can not to pay.
    3. He has tried to bully me directly here on FC yet has failed.
    4. He has attempted to bully the owner of Elite Custom Car Storage and won because she was forced to close down. Paul you can not take blood from a stone. Your lawyer should of told you that instead of keep billing you and wasting all of our time in court for nothing.
    5. He sued the owner alongside the business in attempt to bully her into paying. Failed.
    6. He has attempted to smear myself and my current company and failed.
    7. Owner has always been fair and offered to settle and be fair and he refused. Even judge said should settle.
    8. He was afraid to go up against my Ops Manager and myself and waited for us to be away before visiting the owner and getting her to sign this note he brags about here.

He can rant all he wants case was not mine to defend. I am glad he attacked me here cause it just showed his true colours.

People love to hate.

People love to get on bashing wagon without the facts.

Others can learn from our mistakes.

If anyone wants to know the whole story both his part and ours maybe I will take a few hours do a write up on it.

Far as we are concerned he can bash all he wants We know the truth as do our clients.

And with that I am done with this matter.

FCat360 likes this.
  4. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    This is a public record. Just to keep everyone posted.

Attached Files:

5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I will start by saying that I know neither of the parties nor do I have any skin in this game. In reading the thread it appears as though the 412monzaindy has started a number of threads (now merged) on this subject often times with defamatory statements but no real structured argument. This is fine if you take everything in life at face value but without a defended presentation of the facts it really comes off like the 'temper tantrum' that SeanHugh commented about. SeanHugh on the other side seemed to make quite a few points in the last week that have not be addressed or refuted by the OP who has apparently ignored them and only posted another court document. This has me think that there is truth to SeanHugh's words that the OP may not be able to refute.

I certainly have not seen the damage and cannot comment on it but if $25K was indeed paid out that amount can go pretty far in repairing a car that bumped the inside of a trailer on a 4ft acceleration. Without some more documentation on the part of the OP at present I would give the benefit of the doubt to Elite as having been reasonable. They did pay out quite a bit of money and seem forthcoming to being responsible for their actions. Again I cannot comment on Elite as a company but certainly the OP has not done a stellar job of presenting their side of the story making his posts appear suspect.

Just my observations.

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OP appears to have a judgement, has done all the correct laps around the courtroom, and that's all she wrote.

All the other stuff is just noise.

Might be fair, might not be fair, but when the OP sued, he won, unless we think the Canadian court system is rigged, that's about all there is to say.

SeanHugh's notion of fairness, and whether the OP took advantage of the original owner of the business is interesting, but has been adjudicated.

Tough part may be finding assets to attach for his judgement, but hell, I'm sure we'll see updates here as to how that goes. :D

Probably should have taken the insurance money and called it a day, but he didn't.

D

7. 412monzaindy

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Sean definitely has a huge lack of business ethics, betrayal, misleading, and afraid to follow through on agreements. The use of different names
    to mask his real intentions of "Fakeness" was just verified to everyone. This is not something new to Sean Corbin and Annisa Lotus.
    That will be your undoing.

8. EricS86

EricS86 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Eric Shwarcer
    Very thankful that I found this thread, seems this pattern of not paying suppliers or customers is ongoing under new business names.
    Sean Corbin (or Hugh) rented 7 x 40' shipping containers from us to store tires in. Without our knowledge stacked them up behind the same Wyecroft, Oakville address that I've seen mentioned in this thread and stopped paying rent, didn't answer e-mails or phone calls for 2 months. Thankfully after seeing this thread I was able to get a hold of his wife (or ex wife as she claimed) on Facebook. She connected us to his employee who allowed us to recover our property, however it cost us almost $4000 to hire a crane and trucking back to our yard. Now we've sued his new company (Corbix Transport) and they have not filed a defense so will be interesting to see if any assets are left. These are the facts upto now.

9. 412monzaindy

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    The assets will not be in their name because its is all a scam. I have a few judgments against them.
    ......but...….What goes around come around.

10. EricS86

EricS86 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Eric Shwarcer
    so even this new company "Corbix Transport" is useless to go after in your opinion?

it's operating so it should have money or they would need to go bankrupt right?

11. 412monzaindy

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Firstly, he will not show up in court. Sean will send his buddies in his place and refute all of your claims and present them as entirely false.

12. EricS86

EricS86 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Eric Shwarcer
    everything is pretty open and shut, the invoices from the crane company and transport company and he signed a very lengthy rental agreement. What I'm asking is if you have went after this new company he has "Corbix transport" before and if yes did they not have any assets?

13. 412monzaindy

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Corbix must be new. I have no idea about Corbix assest etc.

14. EricS86

EricS86 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Eric Shwarcer
    i'll let you know how it goes, maybe that could be new company you can go after. The corporate search revealed it's owned by Sean Corbin and Praneel