For Sale - 2000 360 Modena | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2000 360 Modena

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by miketuason, Jul 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bump, price drop to $58,000 this is way below market value.

2. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I have a spreadsheet of all the 360 Sunroofs I've seen. So far the list is 27 long (16 with VINs).

I believe this one is already on my list from before it had the wrap ( ... 122363 ? )

3. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Last price reduced to $55,000 this is a no brainer, my 84 308 QV with 86k miles worth way more than this.

4. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  5. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Are the side mirrors wrapped too?

6. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes they are.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  8. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bump

9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    According to the sales director at FoSA, there were 22 sunroof 360's imported to North America, and he sold several of them new. I have never been able to get a worldwide number. Of those 22, it's about half-and-half between manuals and F1 cars. I prefer t-tops and sunroofs to spiders, so it's perfect for me. My first Italian car was a yellow '74 X1/9, so it's like an adult version of that. Love it.

Great car at a reasonable price! I would have no qualms with the new engine and rebuilt transmission with a high miles driver like this.

With 10K miles it would be nearly a $100K car.

absostone and miketuason like this.
  10. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wish you guys are local so we can let you drive the car, it really drives like a brand new car that it just came out of a showroom floor.

G. Pepper likes this.
  11. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wish I was too! This is making want to sell my Elise..

Brandon petersen likes this.
  12. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bump, two more weeks and we might put this on auction

13. Brandon petersen

Aug 24, 2019
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Brandon Michael Petersen Sr.
    That’s what I’m saying about my 4c. Sell it and shoot for this!

14. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #39 Robb, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    I’d recommend you remove the wrapped roof and mirrors to get a bit more interest. Most also will not be head over heels over the chromed wheels.

That is likely reducing your buyer pool and factoring into lack of offers.

Other reason is obviously the miles and engine / tranny history. Not bad but your buyer pool will be smaller.

I’m not sure “way below market” is correct. Cars with 30k miles without any eyebrows raised are selling in the low to high 60’s or they are sitting. So it’s important the owner understands this car’s market is not exactly like the others.

Robb

Jakuzzi, five2five, absostone and 2 others like this.
  15. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Finally, car is sold now for $65,000, the buyer had it PPIed and all came out positive as in No issue what so ever.

BOKE and absostone like this.
  16. Gianni360

Gianni360 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    OrlAndo, FL
    Full Name:
    Jon V
    Congratulations on the sale. Just curious though, why would somebody pay $65k when you had it priced at $55k?

miketuason likes this.
  17. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The $55k price is only for here at FChat, just to give Fchatter a good deal but elsewhere is more.

18. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    #43 Nachtfalter, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    It was all over Craigslist for 55k... not “only here on Fchat”... why are you being dishonest?

Someone paid 10k over asking (which was already 10k too much) on a zero interest, apart from an awkward sunroof, full engine and transmission swapped car with 60,000 miles on it?
    If this is true, (which I doubt) I’m not sure if you should feel good or bad.

Jakuzzi and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  19. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sun
    Sunroof is not awkward, it’s factory and it’s limited to about 25 cars only, read the above post. For some people, not having original engine is not important as long as the car is is in excellent driving/running condition and something they can drive on a regular basis and not really looking for a concourse condition.

BOKE likes this.
  20. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    This statement has to be one of the most opposite things i have ever heard coming from this forum . The way people here cry about someone modifying their car but a complete change of engine and transmission is considered a good thing ?????????

Last time i read the rules about selling a car , it states that you can't "bump" your own post to the top unless you are answering a question or adding more details !!! From the looks of it , you did it twice . Funny how the rules don't apply to all !

I guess we are allowed 2 free "bumps" ???

21. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    "Bumps" which are the use of non-meaningful posts such as: "bump", "still available", "great deal", "unique item", "anyone?", etc. are not permitted. Individual subscribed users are only allowed to bring their ads back to the main page by posting substantive new information, new pictures, or a meaningful change to a sale parameter, such as price or terms. For example by posting "Price reduced from $200 to $175", "Shipping and handling now at my expense", etc. Posting to bring your ad back up to the main page counts against the daily post limit.

22. Lambertos

Lambertos Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Lamberto Smigliani
    Please advise if car is still available? Would like to discuss carfax and history as well.

23. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Said it was sold a few posts ago.

I really don't understand the grief the OP got on this thread. There was absolutely nothing dishonest here, and if the guy got a higher offer than advertised here, why would he not take it? Geez...and the bitching about a new engine/tranny? For a non-collector grade driver, it's ALWAYS a good thing.

Congrats on the sale @miketuason , I for one,am glad to see "high" mileage 360's still commanding a decent price. Would hate to see these take the same path as the Mondial and GT4

psych0hans and G. Pepper like this.
  24. Lambertos

Lambertos Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Lamberto Smigliani
    Thanks for the update.

25. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Matt! I’m glad you understand, it’s so simple, I don’t understand why some people doesn’t get it. In fact another friend of mine just had a complete engine change on his 85 308 QV as his original engine block has a crack and it’s unrebuildable. When he went to pick up the car from the shop, another customer was there and ask if he is willing to sell his 308 knowing it doesn’t have the original al engine anymore and the guy asking is supposed to be a car collector also, so again, not having the original motor means nothing to some people.

psych0hans likes this.