Cigar Guys - Any Here? | Page 204 | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - Any Here?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Camelot and NbyNW like this.
  2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Camelot likes this.
  4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    So I have been getting Cigar Aficionado since issue #1. I don't know how or why I get it because I never subscribed and I never paid a dime.
    Just throwing out junk mail and unwanted magazines and what do I see???

I hate the Jonas Brothers. This magazine was always a rag with worthless paid reviews, but I never want Nick Jonas in my house. Make it stop!!!!

Nick Jonas • September/October 2019

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW likes this.
  5. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Camelot likes this.
  6. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Camelot and BOKE like this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I guess you got the freebies because you’re an “influencer.”:D

I had it from issue #1 to the issue where Shanken changed it from CIGAR Aficionado to Cigar AFICIONADO. He was obviously repositioning it from a cigar magazine to a “lifestyle” magazine. Prior to that the covers had changed from art to celebrity. I understand the business reasons, but I just couldn’t get interested.

8. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Camelot, msquared and I.T. Guy like this.
  9. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login A couple of months ago, I was casting around on this thread looking for advice about ventilating a cigar room in contemplation of repurposing some existing space. There are some wonderful room additions to be found here but most of them are purpose-built from the ground up - not so much in the way of a remodel and that's pretty much what my budget and resources allow. The space "gifted" to me by my wife is a large alcove off the kitchen - theoretically a pantry but practically a room that never really had a defined purpose so now it's mine! It's about 10' x 10' with an 8 ' ceiling and a skylight and I started with ceiling and wall prep yesterday - the hideous popcorn came down and the paneling came off but not without some damage to the underlying sheetrock. If there's any interest, I'll be happy to document my progress from beginning to end as well as the fruits of my research. I'm attaching a couple of "before" shots to help orient you - duct fan, wall covering, and electrical bits are already in transit and I'll be adding the stud wall and closed cell foam to insulate it over the coming weeks. The stainless steel door is original to a diner, then a recording studio so it's had a interesting career path.

I.T. Guy likes this.
  10. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    A couple of months ago, I was casting around on this thread looking for advice about ventilating a cigar room in contemplation of repurposing some existing space. There are some wonderful room additions to be found here but most of them are purpose-built from the ground up - not so much in the way of a remodel and that's pretty much what my budget and resources allow. The space "gifted" to me by my wife is a large alcove off the kitchen - theoretically a pantry but practically a room that never really had a defined purpose so now it's mine! It's about 10' x 10' with an 8 ' ceiling and a skylight and I started with ceiling and wall prep yesterday - the hideous popcorn came down and the paneling came off but not without some damage to the underlying sheetrock. If there's any interest, I'll be happy to document my progress from beginning to end as well as the fruits of my research. I'm attaching a couple of "before" shots to help orient you - duct fan, wall covering, and electrical bits are already in transit and I'll be adding the stud wall and closed cell foam to insulate it over the coming weeks. The stainless steel door is original to a diner, then a recording studio so it's had a interesting career path.

11. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice!
    For one smoker a little 200ish CFM exhaust fan works with out needing heated or cooled makeup air.

For more smokers you will want more fan.

air changes = (cfm*60)/volume
    10x11 room and 7.5 ceiling = 825 sq ft

air changes = (190*60)/825
    air changes = 13.81 per hour or every 4.3 minutes

I just got new sconces for my room. Next up Venetian plaster!

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Camelot likes this.
  13. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer

Thanks, Jason - Your calculations mirror mine (and tech support's at Fantech). I've got a 791 CFM PrioAir 8 EC on its way along with the necessary bits. It's a slick unit that has a composite housing, slips into a round 8" duct and electronic speed control - also under 79 dB at full speed so I can throttle it up or down as needed and I've only got about a 5' run to my eaves. The door dictated an industrial motif rather than old school gentlemen's club so I've sourced a couple of hanging Holophane Lobay lights and some recessed cans. Modern Masters metallic plaster also headed this way which is a new material to me and I'm looking forward to trying it. I've used Venetian plaster in a bathroom - it's a terrific effect but WAY above my pay grade to apply and VERY labor intensive so much respect for you! I'll look forward to watching your progress. Stick of choice? Mine's an HdM Elegante.

14. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Awesome! With that cfm you can have a herf!

It’s actually rust oleum Metallic Venetian I’m going to try. The YouTube video makes it look easy ;)

Just got the sconces up and floor heat thermostat hooked up yesterday. It works!

Put the fan and lights on an old school dimmer. Now I’m second guessing the plaster - perhaps something darker like brown paint and fake paneling squares?

15. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
  16. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  17. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  19. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  20. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Smoking!!!!!!!
    Lol
    When you around?

21. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I.T. Guy likes this.
  22. JAYKAY

JAYKAY Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 4, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jim K
    I’m glad business takes me to a part of Mexico with a Habanos store on occasion. Cohiba Maduro Five Magicos.

Too bad the weather in Chicago is already crap.

2MS likes this.
  23. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    PureEuroM3, I.T. Guy and 2MS like this.
  24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006