mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 130 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny

good job you. I predicted 2 cars with the me being over 100k. wrong

Jo Sta7, rdefabri and of2worlds like this.
  2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And I said that TheMayor would order one. I'm right even if he hasn't placed the order yet. :)

3. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I was going to quote some of your posts from earlier in the thread and give you credit for being spot on!

Conversely, there are plenty of guys (thankfully) that were way off.

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You know what I don't get? I may be wrong on this but I never saw any of the European press at the reveal nor do I see them as bowled over excited as we Americans (and our automotive publications) are about this car. You would think they'd have a lot to say on the subject... The Yanks making a cheap mid-engine car... And pull it off.
    Wonder why that is.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yep... already put down a deposit for a 2020 Convertible. My guess is about August next year.

PaulK, of2worlds and Jo Sta7 like this.
  6. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I admit I was very wrong. (Insert sound of eating tasty crow)

7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Probably not the correct C8 thread but I'm driving up from Tucson to Phoenix tomorrow. There just happens to be the C8 tour going on at Midway Chevy. Going to stop by the dealership to check it out. Have to be to the airport by 1100 so don't have a lot of time but I figure why not take a look.

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    TheMayor, of2worlds and TexasF355F1 like this.
  9. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I was wrong on the price as well. Will be interesting how things shake out and what the platform will ultimately become.

rdefabri, of2worlds and anunakki like this.
  10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

They really are squeezing every last drop of anticipation blood out of folks who just want to see it in person. I've given up trying to find a viewing site. Will now just wait for the hundreds to take to the streets of Long Island. Should be around Nov/Dec I'm sure.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    looks like its better on the street than track where it understeers and has brakes difficult to modulate at the limit. but its comfortable, well built, and looks good which is all you need in base model. the track versions will have those issues fixed, im sure

12. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    thecarreaper likes this.
  13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #3239 TheMayor, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    thecarreaper likes this.
  14. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    thecarreaper and of2worlds like this.
  15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    forget about track reviews until you have the grandsport or z06. this is the street version. just like no one gets worked up about 911 targa on track

boxerman and italiafan like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    thecarreaper likes this.
  17. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Basically compares to a F458 and F488. Slightly faster 0 to 60 and slightly slower in the quarter mile. Still deciding if the C8 is in my future, but if I do decide to pull the trigger, it will be for the Z06 - spider version.

MB

VAF84 and rdefabri like this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Looking at the reviews and my own views having sat in one, I think GM has built something really "American". I don't mean that in negative way. Its just different than European or Japanese way.

We take a steak and put catsup on it. The Europeans would put butter. Europeans will take water, flour and butter and make a flaky croissant for breakfast. Americans will put hole in it, deep fry it, and slather it with icing can call it a donut. You get the idea. Now, I actually like donuts and I like A1 sauce on steak but I'm an American who happens to appreciate also the refinements on the other sides of the ocean too.

The C8 is a bit like that. The kinda silly macho "jet fighter" cockpit, the giant wing on the back (that you can even order BIGGER), the big thumping torquey V8, and a strong emphasis on 0-60 times and daily driving over handling, rawness and steering and brake feedback. Its tuned so the average guy won't spin coming out of every Cars and Coffee show (or perhaps GM was worried about another "Corvair" episode"?)

Its a fine car for the price. But its really intended for the American way of driving. Its going to be a hell of a lot of fun but Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren and Porsche are not quaking in their boots.

VAF84, boxerman, Boomhauer and 5 others like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If the BASE car is pulling an 11.1 1/4 mile at 123, just think of the Z06. 10.5 quarter and 1.1 G on the skid. Finally be able to put the power down. And if it’s NA? And add to that the C8R looks incredible so it may hopefully carry over some of the styling cues. Oh man. I cannot wait!

20. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Even if the car were tuned without understeer, I don’t think Ferrari et al would be quaking in their boots. It’s still a Corvette, and that’s not an insult, it’s a different market. Sure, they’ll steal some potential buyers, but my mind still goes back to the bell curve.

Not at all shocked at the understeer. I’m more surprised the major car media outlets seemed surprised. We’re a ridiculously litigious society, and a mid-engined car with this kind of power is a disaster in the making.

Did everyone forget the Toyota MR2 SW20???

Boomhauer, thecarreaper and TheMayor like this.
  21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    What happened w mr2? Had 150 to 200 hp iirc.
    Anyway c8 isnt on ferrari radar (yet) but it will take from used exotics like 360, 430, 458, gallardo. And new cars like cayman, 911, nsx, r8, 570. Esp the coming top dog versions

k wright and of2worlds like this.
  22. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
    God bless America!

k wright, VAF84, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Yota had to change the wheel sizes to keep people from wrapping themselves around solid objects. Original 91's are dangerous, the suspension was updated in 93 and tweaked in 95.

rdefabri and of2worlds like this.
  24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    thats crazy people were getting in trouble with less than 200 hp regardless where engine is. whats changed that cars can have 1000 hp now and be ok? hard to believe even with modern tires, tc/esc, etc

rdefabri likes this.